autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

Some thoughts on the Hybrid Solutions Hyper-Foam, Wheel and Tire Cleaner and the Graphene/Acrylic Tire coating – 5 months after the first use:

The first time I used these products was on my wife's Escape last July. When scrubbing the tires with the Hyper-Foam, the suds turned PITCH BLACK, showing just how much grunge had adhered to the tires DESPITE being frequently “cleaned” using a general all-purpose cleaner and“protected” with various other tire shine products, which obviously weren't doing that good of a job.

Unfortunately, I got too busy to 'properly' care for the car and it hasn't even been washed since that initial use. I was able to finally take three days,and “Turtle Wax” the heck out of the car, giving a solid detailing for winter. I always do the tires first and when I cleaned them for the first time in 5 months (after they had been protected with the Graphene/Acrylic Spray in July), I saw that the foam ONLY turned a darker shade of brown – nowhere NEAR the pitch black of the first cleaning.

This told me that the Graphene/Acrylic tire coating had actually penetrated into the tire and stayed there well enough to prevent so much grunge from actually sticking to the tire – even after 5 months of brake dust,road grime and everything else, without even being washed with regular soap or even rinsed off (except by rain water) that entire time. To me, that is impressive. And once cleaned & dried after the scrubbing, the tire still looked good – not “I just applied tire shine” good, but really good for a just cleaned, bare tire.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Likes chilly, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

I tried both of these products. I'm still using the graphene tire coating. When prepping my tires for the coating, I found I still had to use Optimum Power Clean at full strength, after the TW Tire/Wheel cleaner, to get them clean enough. The coating is, well, not quite a coating. It lasts longer than a dressing, but not as long as a true tire coating. Both are solid products....just not sure I'd bother with the tire/wheel cleaner anymore. I've since switched my APC to Bilt Hamber Surfex HD, and it has handled everything I've thrown at it...including some pretty nasty tires.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: T/W Hyper-Foam Wheel and Tire Cleaner / Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating - 5 months later

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I tried both of these products. I'm still using the graphene tire coating. When prepping my tires for the coating, I found I still had to use Optimum Power Clean at full strength, after the TW Tire/Wheel cleaner, to get them clean enough. The coating is, well, not quite a coating. It lasts longer than a dressing, but not as long as a true tire coating. Both are solid products....just not sure I'd bother with the tire/wheel cleaner anymore. I've since switched my APC to Bilt Hamber Surfex HD, and it has handled everything I've thrown at it...including some pretty nasty tires.
    It's true that Your Mileage May Vary. I just know that at least, for me, it works great. I also understand the G/A Tire "Coating" really isn't a coating, but it IS a lot better than pretty much everything else I've tried so far, and for the amount I use to cover each tire, it's really inexpensive.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Likes chilly, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    It's true that Your Mileage May Vary. I just know that at least, for me, it works great. I also understand the G/A Tire "Coating" really isn't a coating, but it IS a lot better than pretty much everything else I've tried so far, and for the amount I use to cover each tire, it's really inexpensive.
    Just out of curiosity....what applicator are you using for the tire coating? I got the ones from Adams......and they work fine on my Tundra tires....not so much on the low profile tires on my wifes Yukon. It's tough to get it into that narrow strip right along the wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity....what applicator are you using for the tire coating? I got the ones from Adams......and they work fine on my Tundra tires....not so much on the low profile tires on my wifes Yukon. It's tough to get it into that narrow strip right along the wheels
    It looks a lot like this one, but with a different pattern on the application face.

Applicator Sponge
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

9. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed on tire coating. Hits my sweet spot though. Coatings ware off on the edges and on a full size tire not that big of a deal but a lot more noticeable on a low pro tire. Something that Lasts about 3 weeks is great.

If you like TufShine Tire cleaner give 303 T&R a try. For me it has been superior to TS.

I have a bottle of Surfex I have still yet to crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a coating saver applicators with it and works great. It fits low profile tires well.

A lot of people also like this make up brush but I feel you have to prime it with too much product.

How I do like to use it though is apply with the coating applicator and then use the brush to level out and get into grooves.

The combo is the best things I have used for low profile tires.

13. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I use a coating saver applicators with it and works great. It fits low profile tires well.

A lot of people also like this make up brush but I feel you have to prime it with too much product.

How I do like to use it though is apply with the coating applicator and then use the brush to level out and get into grooves.

The combo is the best things I have used for low profile tires.

I completely agree that using a brush to apply a tire dressing takes WAY too much product to prime the brush and apply it to the tire(s). I tried that method the one time I used Meguiar's Endurance tire gel (the stuff sucked for me, so I never used it again). The brush 'holds on to' a lot of dressing, instead of transferring it to the tires, 'wasting' a lot of product.

I have since found that a foam applicator is far superior to any other method I've tried. The foam does absorb the product, BUT a little extra pressure when applying, forces the product out of the sponge and onto the tire, while light pressure will absorb 'excess' product from the tire, back into the sponge, which allows the product to be applied as heavily or as lightly as you want it to be and coats the tires very evenly.

Since the Turtle Wax G/A tire coating doesn't spray well, being so thick, spraying it directly on the tires produces so-so results, I have found that spraying it onto the applicator, then wiping it onto the tires produces superior results while using LESS product than you would spraying it directly on the tire.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

15. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Don for sharing. I tried TWHSGATSSC but it wasn’t my favorite. Even after putting 2 coats on, after a couple days the tire looked barely dressed but one time I didn’t get to wash for a couple weeks. When I washed the car and tires, I could tell the TWHSGATSSC was still there (unlike most dressings that you wouldn’t notice) and protecting the tire but it didn’t look very well dressed. It could be my Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires but I’ve gone back to Duragloss 253.

I did try a new tire applicator brush that I really like. This is the 3” brush from the Swabby Tire Dressing Tank kit. I like it because the bristles are a little stiffer than a flagged-tip brush and I can control it better such as on the inner lip of a tire next to the rim. The size of the base works well to grip and control application. I can also squeeze (flatten) the bristles together with one hand and spray a couple sprays of tire dressing, which most tires I’ve worked with need about 4 sprays per tire. But this tire brush will only work with a viscous dressing, it wouldn’t work with a thicker gel. Forgot to mention this brush is expensive at near or over $30 US but I ordered quite a few different applicator brushes, pads, etc and I liked this one best. This is when my container of Duragloss 253 was almost out so I also tried various dressings including TWHSGATSSC, Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing, and Gyeon Tire (gel) but ended up buying another container of Duragloss 253 as my primary dressing.

17. Likes chilly, Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Agreed on tire coating. Hits my sweet spot though. Coatings ware off on the edges and on a full size tire not that big of a deal but a lot more noticeable on a low pro tire. Something that Lasts about 3 weeks is great.

If you like TufShine Tire cleaner give 303 T&R a try. For me it has been superior to TS.

I have a bottle of Surfex I have still yet to crack.

If you are looking for a great tire cleaner try some Mineral Spirits on a microfiber towel.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast