autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant

has anyone used ver 4 paste formula? how many cars does one bottle do and how long is the longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant

I’ve seen this but if I wanted to buff something off and on from Kami I would go with Infinity wax myself.

I prefer Kami for it’s ease of use as a spray sealant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

with the spray sealant version is it prone to causing water spotting?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    It being their “sacrificial layer” product it is suppose to protect coatings against water spots. Does it do it…. Not sure Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Everything *can* be prone to water spotting given the right conditions; water spots are more a function of the composition of the water sitting on the panel as it dries.

Worst water spotting I've had was back in the sealant days, etched right into the clear. Only water spotting I've had with coatings in the last 7 years was when I had a Kamikaze Overcoat SealantgrapheneKamikaze Overcoat Sealant coating on my car, a 'technology' that claimed reduced water spotting as a benefit.

Point being, there is no magic solution to water spotting if the conditions are favorable for it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Everything *can* be prone to water spotting given the right conditions; water spots are more a function of the composition of the water sitting on the panel as it dries.

Worst water spotting I've had was back in the sealant days, etched right into the clear. Only water spotting I've had with coatings in the last 7 years was when I had a Kamikaze Overcoat SealantgrapheneKamikaze Overcoat Sealant coating on my car, a 'technology' that claimed reduced water spotting as a benefit.

Point being, there is no magic solution to water spotting if the conditions are favorable for it.

I have read many of your posts re polish angel and overcoat. Do you still think they can be used together. I have used polish angel and now want to try over coat. How often do you use cosmic primer? I am assuming not every tine you use cosmic spritz.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read many of your posts re polish angel and overcoat. Do you still think they can be used together. I have used polish angel and now want to try over coat. How often do you use cosmic primer? I am assuming not every tine you use cosmic spritz.
    Sure, they ca be used together with no issues.

You can apply Overcoat after a wash one day, go over it with Cosmic or High Gloss Spritz 8hrs later.

You can use Overcoat for a few months, give the car a good wash, begin using Cosmic or High Gloss Spritzes for the next few months.

You can use Overcoat one week after a wash, Cosmic or High Gloss the next.

They're Ceramic Infused sealants/maintenance products so the issue of bonding/longevity can besecondary to the enjoyment of using them/altering the looks & user experience.

If looking for abslute longevity & protection best to stick with one though but if your preference is to enjoy the whole 'game' at a bit of a sacrifice of sqeezing every last bit of durability & protection, switch up as you like.

At the end of the day, nothing of this nature will harm your paint so switch it up, try new things. Sometimes ya might take a step backward but just reload, give it another try and find what ya like. It's shiny paint (or at least the Quest For Shiny Paint) in any event, may as well just enjoy the journey.

As for Primer Spritz, only really need to use that when 'starting fresh' with an application of Glasscoat V2 or Cosmic Spritz on clean, decon'd bare paint.

9. Likes dgage, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Sure, they ca be used together with no issues.

You can apply Overcoat after a wash one day, go over it with Cosmic or High Gloss Spritz 8hrs later.

You can use Overcoat for a few months, give the car a good wash, begin using Cosmic or High Gloss Spritzes for the next few months.

You can use Overcoat one week after a wash, Cosmic or High Gloss the next.

They're Ceramic Infused sealants/maintenance products so the issue of bonding/longevity can besecondary to the enjoyment of using them/altering the looks & user experience.

If looking for abslute longevity & protection best to stick with one though but if your preference is to enjoy the whole 'game' at a bit of a sacrifice of sqeezing every last bit of durability & protection, switch up as you like.

At the end of the day, nothing of this nature will harm your paint so switch it up, try new things. Sometimes ya might take a step backward but just reload, give it another try and find what ya like. It's shiny paint (or at least the Quest For Shiny Paint) in any event, may as well just enjoy the journey.

As for Primer Spritz, only really need to use that when 'starting fresh' with an application of Glasscoat V2 or Cosmic Spritz on clean, decon'd bare paint.

How often do you use PA primer spritz?

Post Thanks / Like

How often do you use PA primer spritz?
    I don't as I'm always using the Spritzes as a maintenance product/toy on top of another coating.

When *would I* use Primer Spritz if I used it?

Any time I was staring at bare, unprepared paint that I was gonna protect with Glasscoat V2 or Cosmic Spritz, initial application only.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

is overcoat as easy to apply as cosmic spritz?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast