autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon CanCoat Evo

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    did this today on a yukon denali. It was a first time for me using can coat (evo).

Ive watched your video when ya first put it up. But realistically how much product should one go thru on a single application? It was used with autofibers coating saver 1.5x3 inch applicator.

I ask because id say i used a 1/4 of the bottle. And i would only spritz the applicator once and then apply to a section. When it looked and felt as though there was no more product being spead on the surface i would do another spritz. I dont feel i used to much. Then again gyeon made me think i did because they state you could get 10-15 applications outta one bottle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    It goes along way. It will flash off fast but you should be able to tell by the surface tension that it is on the surface.

2. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It goes along way. It will flash off fast but you should be able to tell by the surface tension that it is on the surface.
    Thanks for the video. I watched the surface when he applied it and it looked the same or slightly heavier as when i did it. Ill try to see about using less product next time.

Yes quickly noticed the fast flash time/ surface tension for when to wipe off.

I however did not get any noticable added slickness to the surface. Might that come after it cures?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I however did not get any noticable added slickness to the surface. Might that come after it cures?

Haven't used the new EVO version yet but typically, CanCoat isn't "slick" like one might think. More coatings today are building that property in it seems but there are still many that are not slick. Some are dare I say a bit grabby. I'll be using EVO this weekend and will report back.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CanCoat is not a slick product. Never was and still isn’t.

7. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Haven't used the new EVO version yet but typically, CanCoat isn't "slick" like one might think. More coatings today are building that property in it seems but there are still many that are not slick. Some are dare I say a bit grabby. I'll be using EVO this weekend and will report back.
    This was my experience with it too. CanCoat was never slick, but the beading, sheeting, and self cleaning was some of the best I've ever encountered in any coating. Also really like the way it looked. All of these were more important to me than surface feel.

On the previous version of CanCoat, topping with Cure would make it feel more slick. Not sure if Gyeon's Ceramic Detailer has the same effect or not.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Thanks CleanIT, opie thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    This was my experience with it too. CanCoat was never slick, but the beading, sheeting, and self cleaning was some of the best I've ever encountered in any coating. Also really like the way it looked. All of these were more important to me than surface feel.

On the previous version of CanCoat, topping with Cure would make it feel more slick. Not sure if Gyeon's Ceramic Detailer has the same effect or not.
    Yep. I love their SKIN Product in Syncro but have also found putting a layer of CanCoat over top of another coating like Pure or Mohs adds that superhydrophobic property. Slickness after can come from a topper of choice.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Yep. I love their SKIN Product in Syncro but have also found putting a layer of CanCoat over top of another coating like Pure or Mohs adds that superhydrophobic property. Slickness after can come from a topper of choice.
    You might not like Skin with in the new Evo kit. It is completely different and does not feel the same. No more slickness from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You might not like Skin with in the new Evo kit. It is completely different and does not feel the same. No more slickness from it.
    That's a bummer. I bought the 50ML kit to use on some upcoming details including a re-do of my wife's so I can have a long term tester. I can live without the slickness as that can be added with a topper. What I'm looking for is the same 110-115* contact angle the old one had. It was far superior to any of the CarPro offerings. I hope it's still that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have experience with applying Can Coat at 60F?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Gyeon Ceramic Detailer will definitely give it slickness.....not quite Beadmaker slick......but slick just the same

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast