autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Pure Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Hmmm. I really like what I see on my car with one layer. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should do a decon wash, wipe down, and apply another layer.
    Try it on one area. The photo I saw on a charcoal grey with 2 layers looked very good.

2. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I did the second coat this weekend.

My car was really dirty and I had a fairly open Saturday, so I decided to give the car a full decon wash and pulled out the bottle of left over Pure Evo.

I started with the trunk lid and thought it looked pretty good after it sat for a little bit, so I decided to do the whole car.

To be very honest, on the bright blue pearl paint, I'm not sure I notice much difference between one coat and two. I might have added a bit more gloss and depth, but in my eyes, it's minimal. One layer looked amazing, so I'm not sure what I thought I'd gain from a second.

If anyone is going to try thing I highly recommend doing the second coat as soon as possible after the first. Don't wait months like I did. Applying the coating wasn't hard and it seemed to go on much like the first application despite coming out of a bottle that was opened this spring. Where I ran into issues was the removal. I'm not sure if it was because the coating is aging after being opened, there was remnants of something on my paint I didn't totally remove like Gyeon Ceramic detailer I used a month ago, or something environmental, but I noticed after buffing a haze started to form. This has was NOT present when I did the first application and I could remove it despite it being a bit grabby. Getting the right lighting to see it was a real treat, but it could be removed after some time and effort.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This will be my final post on Pure Evo and how it did on my brothers Equinox.

Applied on 12/25/2021.

Polished and re-coated with another coating on 7/8/2023.

During the decon wash to prep for a new coating, the roof had no beading or sheeting. The sides were still holding up and could have gone the rest of this year. The hood was looking a bit weak but still sheeting. The coating did it's job and 1.5 years out of a 3 year coating is about right. On par with Cquartz UK 3.0 which is Gyeon's strategy for Pure.

One thing to note is coatings in Southern California tend to fail on the horizontal surfaces first due to the UV exposure. The sides always last longer. Also no water spotting issues whatsoever.

Would I recommend it? I would say yes. But as always time to move on to another coating.

6. Thanks Prange, Desertnate thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234