autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Ceramic glass cleaner (aerosol)

Hi all,

I recently got my hands on some Griots ceramic glass cleaner. Ive been in love with their 3 in 1 ceramic paint wax, so I was really excited to try this.

1. Application
    You spray a few spots on the windshield and clean glass as normal.I used the Griots PFM glass towels as they've proven to be my favorite for a streak free shine. Clean the windshield with the plush side, and then do a final wipe with the flat side. This usually results in streak free windows. Unfortunately, both times ive used the ceramic cleaner this way, i find streaks later, not small streaks, but large almost smudges. visible any time light hits the windshield. Resolving them usually requires a good amount of scrubbing with the flat side of the glass towel, or even the use of some other glass cleaner.

2. Cleaning ability:
    The cleaning ability is on par with Griots non ceramic glass cleaner, and is fairly comparable to invisible glass. If its surface debris, it should come right off, including bird droppings, and dust.

3. Water beading:
    It works.. alright. Its not as effective as a rainx coating, and definitely not as effective as the Wolfgang glass cleaner i had in the past that applied hyrdophobic coating as you cleaned. for windshields, it say you could get the same water beading by using Rainx washer fluid.

4. Other:
    They are building a warehouse near my apartment. This creates a lot of dust and industrial fallout. last week there was a light misty rain that made the windshield damp but not enough to flow water quickly. After that rain, my windshield was a mess. There were lots of spots (not water spots) and a film that the wipers wouldnt take off. Even washing the car didnt fully remove the film. My best guess is that the concrete dust reacted with the ceramic glass cleaner. I did some agressive cleaning with a scrubbing towel and Invisible glass and removed most of it. I dont know for certain this was because of the ceramic glass cleaner, but this was the only car it happened on, and this was the only car that has Ceramic cleaner on the glass.

ID be very interested to hear what others have to say about the product and their experiences. It might be user error on my part with the streaks, it does provide protection it seems, and i do plan to finish out the can. After that ... i think im going to switch back to the Wolfgang for water beading.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Ceramic glass cleaner (aerosol)

I did not like this with there glass towels either. The only rhing that works great with them is there crinkle towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Ceramic glass cleaner (aerosol)

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I did not like this with there glass towels either. The only rhing that works great with them is there crinkle towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ordered me some of the Pefekt vision glass cleaner so i can do a side by side comparison. I will update results here.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post