autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 Quick View Review

How's it holding up? I was thinking of buying but its pricey. I had carpro's flyby30 last 6 mths on a car that maybe seen 2500kms. Maybe i should just stick with that, its cheap. The sealant from griots is even cheaper, way cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    How's it holding up? I was thinking of buying but its pricey. I had carpro's flyby30 last 6 mths on a car that maybe seen 2500kms. Maybe i should just stick with that, its cheap. The sealant from griots is even cheaper, way cheaper.
    It's holding up very well, approaching 4 months since I applied it now and still performing well.

3. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

After making this my post i found out how cheap gtechniq G1 was, i will be trying that for sure. I have a glass polish to use/try as well from labocosmetica, not super aggressive like carpro's ceriglass. I falsely assumed a glass ceramic coating was well over 50 USD lol I just want it for my windshield.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used this product on our 4 vehicles since it's introduction last year. You do need to squeeze the bottle to get the applicator wet and it does not really say to do that. I have let it sit for 5-6 minutes before buff off with wet pad and then dry MF towel. My garage stored cars have seen almost 12 months of hydrophobics still. Outside stored cars 4-6 months. There true glass coating kit is still the best. I got 18 months of coverage on a garage stored vehicle.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmfitz View Post
    I used this product on our 4 vehicles since it's introduction last year. You do need to squeeze the bottle to get the applicator wet and it does not really say to do that. I have let it sit for 5-6 minutes before buff off with wet pad and then dry MF towel. My garage stored cars have seen almost 12 months of hydrophobics still. Outside stored cars 4-6 months. There true glass coating kit is still the best. I got 18 months of coverage on a garage stored vehicle.
    I just looked at Q2 View, thats pretty cheap too! Both that and C1 are cheaper then Quick View, i understand you can get more applications of course for Quick View but i rather 1 application that can get me over the year mark. I don't drive my car a whole lot however. Probably 6-7k kilometres a year tops, mostly commuting to work once a mth which is 400km's away. It does sit outside however..

Post Thanks / Like

I just used up Quick View. Would prefer to get more uses out of it, application is annoying with how much I have to squeeze the bottle to get it to load up the applicator. It got to the point to where I just removed the applicator portion, took out the white blocker from the bottle and applied it directly to the applicator. Once you get it on the glass it's super easy to remove with a damp towel, even after sitting for longer than 5 minutes. Performance is good, although some cars I've done I noticed heavier wiper skipping, one of which was bad enough to where I needed to pull the polisher and remove. On the hunt now for a new mid-range glass sealer.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I just used up Quick View. Would prefer to get more uses out of it, application is annoying with how much I have to squeeze the bottle to get it to load up the applicator. It got to the point to where I just removed the applicator portion, took out the white blocker from the bottle and applied it directly to the applicator. Once you get it on the glass it's super easy to remove with a damp towel, even after sitting for longer than 5 minutes. Performance is good, although some cars I've done I noticed heavier wiper skipping, one of which was bad enough to where I needed to pull the polisher and remove. On the hunt now for a new mid-range glass sealer.
    Aquapel maybe? I have never used it. Its cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah just stay away from Griots Glass sealant. Wasn’t very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Angelwax's H2go gets a lot of love btw.

15. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12