autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs Wheel Brightener vs Sonax Full Effect

Megs Wheel Brightener- 18.99 a GALLON

Diluted to the proper ratio Megs Wheel Brightener works really well for a inexpensive wheel cleaner. It happens to work quite well if you let it dwell for 30 seconds, but the downfall is you still need to use a wheel brush. It took off 60-70 percent of the brake dust without using a brush or wiping. The daytona wheel brush made the wheel look squeaky clean. Like almost all wheel cleaners a wheel brush and wipe down is always necessary.

Wheel Before MWB was applied

MWB IN ACTION

Final Result After Hose Down Without Brush

__________________________________________________ _______________

Sonax Full Effect - 15.99 for a 16.9oz Bottle

Right out of the bottle sonax was applied to the audi's heavily soiled rims and let dwell for 2 minutes. Without using the wheel brush 85-90 percent of the brake dust and wheel grime came off with just a spray from the hose. The rest of the brake dust and wheel grime needed to be cleaned off with the Daytona Wheel Brush.

Wheel While SONAX is applied

Wheel While Sonax is in ACTION

WHEEL AFTER RINSE DOWN WITH NO BRUSH

***NOTE: SOME OF THE PICTURES DO NOT DO JUSTICE!!

Both Wheel Cleaners did there job great. Clearly SONAX is a better wheel cleaner, but when push comes to shove Megs Wheel Brightener is a better VALUE. In conclusion, both products still needed the wheel brush to complete the job, so I would choose MEGS over SONAX on the appropriate type of wheel of course.
    "A swirl is a swirl no matter what way you look at it."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs Wheel Brightener vs Sonax Full Effect

WB+Pressure Washer=match made in heaven.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

isnt wheel brightener just acid???? cannot be used on aluminum??

also, i seen review where iron x was better than sonax for decontamination

Post Thanks / Like

Megs WB is miles stronger than Sonax. PH balanced wheel cleaners can only do so much and thats when wheel acids like WB come into play. Get a wheel that is extremely caked in brake dust and you will see a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo99 View Post
    WB+Pressure Washer=match made in heaven.
    +1
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    isnt wheel brightener just acid???? cannot be used on aluminum??

also, i seen review where iron x was better than sonax for decontamination

Yes, it can't be used on ALUMINUM. That's where Sonax would come in.
    "A swirl is a swirl no matter what way you look at it."

Post Thanks / Like

I have said this many, many times, but I still think that Brown Royal is better. It's cheaper at $18 a gallon and can be diluted up to 5:1 on some wheels, safe on all wheels including bare aluminum among many others, and works just as well as Sonax or very close to it.

You can also use it on wheel wells, tires and even paint when diluted properly. No, it doesn't turn red, but it's $0.14 per gallon instead of Sonax which is $0.94 per gallon which can't be diluted. It's almost 10 times cheaper and works just as well.

To be honest, I have no idea why people don't try this product, maybe it's because it's only sold at one location and it's not a wide spread/talked about product, but it is truly amazing and a price that you can actually live with.

I may sound like a fanboi and maybe I am, but I can honestly say I don't have a reason to buy a more expensive cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maximus20895 View Post
    I have said this many, many times, but I still think that Brown Royal is better. It's cheaper at $18 a gallon and can be diluted up to 5:1 on some wheels, safe on all wheels including bare aluminum among many others, and works just as well as Sonax or very close to it.

You can also use it on wheel wells, tires and even paint when diluted properly. No, it doesn't turn red, but it's $0.14 per gallon instead of Sonax which is $0.94 per gallon which can't be diluted. It's almost 10 times cheaper and works just as well.

To be honest, I have no idea why people don't try this product, maybe it's because it's only sold at one location and it's not a wide spread/talked about product, but it is truly amazing and a price that you can actually live with.

I may sound like a fanboi and maybe I am, but I can honestly say I don't have a reason to buy a more expensive cleaner.
    I'm going to buy a bottle of that suff next month. Your sample will last me a good minute!

Post Thanks / Like

Because the seller of the stuff on youtube is weird. Not only that stuff is like poopoo brown.

That's the only knocks to the products and like you already said its sold in only one location so when a site goes on sale you forget about stuff like that.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

I am very confused
    Dave

Black is not a color, it's a part time job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    Because the seller of the stuff on youtube is weird. Not only that stuff is like poopoo brown.

That's the only knocks to the products and like you already said its sold in only one location so when a site goes on sale you forget about stuff like that.
    Some damn good poopoo, too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast