I’ll get straight to the point, because for me alot of lingering questions have just been answered. These were some of the questions I’ve had for the past few months…

1. Have my drying towels always sucked like this?

2. When did they begin to suck?

3. Did the new soap actually make a noticeable difference?

4. If the soap has actually done it’s job, does that mean that these towels weren’t as good as I once thought they were?

5. Am I living in denial?

-Enter this new towel. Speed Master The Notorious Dry Towel.

Speed Master The Notorious D.R.Y. Towel - 26" x 36"

I was at my wits end. I didn’t really care what drying towel I was going to buy, all I knew was that I was going to order 1 or some that day. This just happened to be the newest 1 and it was on super sale + the description was certainly impressive. 1400 GSM. That’s 200 more than the Big Blue Towel and that’s a beefy towel… 280 more than the edgeless PFM. Those stats weren’t the reason I bought it though, more like icing on the cake.

I just finished doing a bucket wash on my car and pulled this towel straight out of the bag, gave it a quick inspection and decided it was ready to use. Sheeting rinse post wash, no drying aids.

I began the way I usually do, starting at the front fender and begin walking the towel along the side of the car, but as I got to the end of the drivers door I stopped and witnessed something I hadn’t seen in a very long time, something I had almost forgot was even possible… Bone dry.

My normL OCD went straight out the door because I had to see if it could do what it just did on the hood, so I put the rest of the vertical panels on hold and layed the towel on my hood and dragged it across the paint which took 3 times to cover the hood and all 3 times, Bone Dry.

I went to the trunklid, same amazing results. Roof? 1 drag, Bone Dry once again. I had the 26x36” towel folded in half and the same side dried the entire car Bone Dry in a single pass from beginning to end.

My questions have finally been answered.

1. My other drying towels have diminished to the point where they’re bearly comparable to what they once were.

2. That soap didn’t completely work. At best it worked maybe 50-60% tops. I’ve used enough of the gallon and I still hadn’t been convinced it had worked… But after today I’m certain it hasn’t worked. Even after pre soaking for days. Washing in hot water.

This is how my PFM performs these days when bone dry. Leading to my next point.

3. I’ve been in denial.

… Either that or this Speed Master towel is the best towel man has ever seen? I dunno, but compared to my PFM that I’ve been trying to revive for the past 3-4 months? It just walked all over it. And that should never happen, right?

So in conclusion: Yes, this towel is great. But so is the PFM, a Brand New PFM…

Are any of you living in this same denial?