autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Klasse AIO/Sealent Still a Viable Polish?

Quote Originally Posted by usernamed View Post
    sincerely interested in what you believe are better products-nothing is going to get me away from the Twins, but I do like to learn.
    I used to use the Klasse twins back in the day, all by hand. The results were always spectacular but I've since moved on to better products. If you like the combo of a nice easy to use AIO with a solid sealant that works with the AIO, I can definitely recommend 3D Speed + 3D Poxy. The speed has really nice correction abilities and Poxy lays down a really high gloss protective layer. They both use a sealant/montan wax hybrid formula, and Speed acts as a kind of primer for Poxy. Maybe not quite as durable long-term as Klasse SG, but it is SO MUCH EASIER TO USE. Seriously, Klasse SG used to make my arms sore for days. I always had a hard time with that stuff. The 3D stuff goes on easy, you let it dry for about 30 mins, and it wipes off like nothing, even in the sun.

Alternatively, Blackfire One Step + any Blackfire sealant topper works great as well. Blackfire One Step works best with a machine in my opinion though, so if you're just using the ol' hands I think 3D would be more suitable. The One Step has some pretty amazing correction abilities as well, more so than the Speed IMO. And it is just as easy to use.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

- Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant is superior to Klasse SG and 845. It lasts as long, maybe longer than 845, looks better, and has amazing coating-like water behavior. Easy of application is amazingly simply/easy. In a class of it's own from that perspective
    Is it weird to want to top a coating off with something like the Wolfgang sealant? I had topped my CQUK with Meg's Hybrid Ceramic Wax, which was nice for about 6 months of a New England winter. It has clearly worn off now, but the properties of the coating I had applied a year ago are still looking like Day 1, for the most part.

I guess the question is, is it necessary to top a coating, or is it strictly preference? I've never really been sure, I just figured it was another layer which means added protection. But at the same time, I'm feeling like it might be unnecessary...

Side note - I used the Klasse Twins exclusively back in the day, and topped that with S100. But that was like 15 years ago LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I guess the question is, is it necessary to top a coating, or is it strictly preference? I've never really been sure, I just figured it was another layer which means added protection. But at the same time, I'm feeling like it might be unnecessary...
    Totally up to you and not necessary at all. I coated my daughter's car with CQuartz UK v2.0 around March/April of 2018. When I visited her over Memorial Day weekend, the car was still beading and sheeting like it was new. The car is a daily driver and garaged, but she only washes it about once a month-ish, so the car isn't babied. Results like that show the durability of the coating all on it's own. Another reason I don't top them is because I really like the water behavior of a good coating. I don't want to put anything on top of it which will change that behavior.

In the end, though, it's all up to you and what you want/like to do.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

5. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it fair to state that that those who have moved on from Klasse aio/sg did so because of difficulties in removing the products ?

Post Thanks / Like

Is it fair to state that that those who have moved on from Klasse aio/sg did so because of difficulties in removing the products ?
    I don't recall them being difficult to remove, but maybe I didn't care at the time. I remember the bottle of SG saying that it should be applied very thinly, however...so, maybe if the application is too thick it might be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever recall having what I would call a problem with the Twins either, but as you I do follow the instructions on the bottles with regard to application.

As for drying time with SG, some years ago I tried letting it stand overnight and it worked very well and this is what I continue to do to this day.

I think that nearly all now wish instant gratification, wipe on/wipe off which AIO is but SG certainly is not-it requires, as all that is worth having, a bit of effort.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it was three things all wrapped up together

- Ease of application. With Klasse, I always used the AIO and the SG together for best results. While not hard to do, put on ultra thin layers which will be easy to remove aren't exactly easy. Other products only require one application (versus 2) and are far less picky on the application amount. Removal of other items are much easier too. Klasse AIO/SG aren't bad if you apply it right, but put it on a little too thick, or let it sit a little too long and it's not easy to remove.

- I found I could apply other traditional sealants with my DA polisher. This was a game changer in terms of application speed. Some have applied the Twins with a DA, but I'm not sure I would.

- 845 at the time, and now other products have proven to be more durable with one layer than 1~2 layers of SG. I just don't have the time/motivation to do the 3+ layers some folks do.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try machine application of SG just to see for myself but the question is why don't I have issues with letting SG -cure- overnight or for a 13 hr period at least ?

Cannot remember if the overnight suggestion was from Klasse or a forum, autopia ??, going back quite a few years though.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in. I have never ever applied KSG with a machine but then again I have never applied an LSP with a machine, just don't see the need as you have to keep putting down the machine, picking up the machine.

I feel my application method works best and that 2nd coat 12 hrs later really nets stunning resultsIs Klasse AIO/Sealent Still a Viable Polish?Is Klasse AIO/Sealent Still a Viable Polish?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes usernamed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply do you recall where/when the extended dry time was first suggested, I had thought it was directly from Klasse or the US distributor but I am unable to locate the article.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast