autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

I would say the sun and salt water play a factor. What was the prep work before application. FWIW I applied the 303 spray graphene 2x's before winter, about 2 weeks inbetween and after 3 months of Chicagoland winter it was still doing its thing.

The advertised "1 year durability" is for the semi DD or toy car and for a real DD a $25.00 bottle product isn't going to last a year, no way, no how. Prep is important and since it's so easy to apply why not just do it every other month in those harsh conditionsIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

As I recall, I used the Rupes Yellow Polish with a Yellow Rupes pad. I then used the White Rupes Polish with the White Rupes Pad. Then I applied the 303 Graphene. I did a similar prep process on my friend's late-model 911. His 911 is garage kept except when he is driving it. It has held up much better on the 911, again, in almost laboratory conditions.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lj993 View Post
    As I recall, I used the Rupes Yellow Polish with a Yellow Rupes pad. I then used the White Rupes Polish with the White Rupes Pad. Then I applied the 303 Graphene. I did a similar prep process on my friend's late-model 911. His 911 is garage kept except when he is driving it. It has held up much better on the 911, again, in almost laboratory conditions.......
    Yeah that's the 1 yr sideIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?Did you decon your car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lj993 View Post
    Well, so much for my 303 Graphene excitement. This is my real life assessment. This is not a youtuber "let's wash this old hood twelve times in a row and call it a three month test." It has been exactly one month since I applied the 303 Graphene to our Range Rover Sport, Santorini Black. The Rover sits outside most of the time. We are near the coast and get a breeze off the ocean every afternoon. I typically do a weekly hand-wash. It was rained a couple of days and we had fairly heavy evening dew several evenings. At first application, the paint looked better than showroom. It really looked amazing. After the first two weeks, the beading was still great. I had great hope for a 6 month or yearlong paint protectant, as advertised.........well, as they say, "not so fast." Third week, beading started breaking down a bit. This last week, there was a very visible drop in beading and sheeting. Frankly, I didn't notice much difference that the HD Speed or Blackfire One Step. Both of those products are easier to remove than the 303 Graphene. I will give it one more week and then maybe top it with something to get some beading back. I know that the So Cal Sun and ocean air take a toll on coating and protectants, but I was very surprised that the 303 Graphene didn't hold up better.
    The reality is a spray on product is not going to be that durable. You would have to reach for a dedicated graphene coating if you desire to try a graphene form of protection. I will be up front and say that I was never intrigued by 303 graphene as I just personally see no long term performance out of it. The only benefit is that it is a spray and that it can be used as often as possible. I would easily take Gyeon CanCoat over 303 graphene any day of the week.

5. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The reality is a spray on product is not going to be that durable. You would have to reach for a dedicated graphene coating if you desire to try a graphene form of protection. I will be up front and say that I was never intrigued by 303 graphene as I just personally see no long term performance out of it. The only benefit is that it is a spray and that it can be used as often as possible. I would easily take Gyeon CanCoat over 303 graphene any day of the week.
    I got atleast 4 monthes out of 303 spray grapheneIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

Well we will always disagree. I wouldn’t touch Cancoat , I didn’t like it , it was too finicky to put on , so put me in the camp of wanting to use 303 “any day of the week”. I’m going on five months with my 303 and it still looks fine.

I don’t think the 303 is the end-all cure-all, or a “breakthrough”…I see it getting the similar result is blackfire Si02, or a couple other sprays that I’ve used. But I don’t think it is any worse and at 15 bucks or so, it’s much cheaper than many of them.
    Glen -

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At $15.00-$20.00 you could apply 303 spray graphene every other month and not be out any moneyIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings? I haven't tried CanCoat but I'm sure it works nicelyIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I got atleast 4 monthes out of 303 spray grapheneIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

On top of a 2 year coating... hard to tell anythings their as the coating still shows up in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Well we will always disagree. I wouldn’t touch Cancoat , I didn’t like it , it was too finicky to put on , so put me in the camp of wanting to use 303 “any day of the week”. I’m going on five months with my 303 and it still looks fine.

I don’t think the 303 is the end-all cure-all, or a “breakthrough”…I see it getting the similar result is blackfire Si02, or a couple other sprays that I’ve used. But I don’t think it is any worse and at 15 bucks or so, it’s much cheaper than many of them.
    Still waiting for pics if it’s doing so well.... seen plenty of evidence in CanCoat in terms of pics pass 6 months.... would love to see some of 303 if it’s doing so well. I hear people say it’s lasted past 3 months but yet to see some pics....

That’s what swayed me to try CanCoat....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I beta tested 303 Touchless sealant before it came out on my old car and got 3 monthes out of it. That car too was also coated. It was applied at the end of winter FWIW.

I'm not saying that 303 is the be all, end all but considering the price and ease of use, I can't see an issue here. Plus there's plenty applications left in the bottle whereas the spray on, hose off products are a one time useIs Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast