autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tw hybrid solutions afternoon detail

I know you were talking about lubricity, so please don’t take it personal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You said “suds do not do anything anyway”

I disagree, I believe suds are beneficial when it comes to washing a dirty vehicle... Always have. I’ve stated my opinion many times including just the other day.

Consider that an open challenge to anyone who disagrees.Tw hybrid solutions afternoon detailTw hybrid solutions afternoon detail

The reason waterless or rinseless washes should only (I’m my opinion) be used on lightly dirty/soiled vehicles has nothing to do with the fact that the solutions don’t have suds. The fact they aren’t using free flowing water to rinse away grit/grime. Thus the traditional with a hose is much safer.

I understand why we have rinseless/waterless products due to water restrictions ect. They do a good job considering those situations but not as good as a traditional wash.

Now if you feel suds are important , that’s great and your opinion. Next time your washing your car with your favorite “high suds” shampoo, dump the water out and just use the suds and see how it works!
    Jim

3. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Now if you feel suds are important , that’s great and your opinion. Next time your washing your car with your favorite “high suds” shampoo, dump the water out and just use the suds and see how it works!
    What I’d really need is another guy... A “detailers helper” to stand alongside me and blow bubbles as I go around the vehicle with my wash mitt.Tw hybrid solutions afternoon detaillol.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I’d really need is another guy... A “detailers helper” to stand alongside me and blow bubbles as I go around the vehicle with my wash mitt.Tw hybrid solutions afternoon detaillol.
    I'll do it Ric!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'll do it Ric!!!
    Sorry, I kinda had my mind set on a midget. Lol.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I kinda had my mind set on a midget. Lol.
    Lmao!

11. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I feel for you guys that have to deal with that type of weather... I can’t even imagine having to wait months to use unopened new products and all that crazy stuff you describe. Lol
    I own a house and garage and take the opportunity to try new products and compare what works well during which seasons. I have no issue RW during winter, if you do it often enough the salt mix is usually coming off pretty easily. Sure the car may have some light swirling come spring and then I light polish and go for options to test hydrophobicity, dust repelling, etc. for spring time environment. NOTE: we had a very mild winter this year and I was able to almost bucket wash exclusively... and I wouldn’t say that the minor marring on the car is any less this year than in year’s past when I Rinseless washed 1-3x per week.

It’s all what one makes out of it. I can’t imagine not being able to see real weather beading on a regular basis to compare products’ self-cleaning, resistance to contaminants, etc. But I do understand some people just want the shine and aren’t as obsessed with observing products as I am.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I own a house and garage and take the opportunity to try new products and compare what works well during which seasons. I have no issue RW during winter, if you do it often enough the salt mix is usually coming off pretty easily. Sure the car may have some light swirling come spring and then I light polish and go for options to test hydrophobicity, dust repelling, etc. for spring time environment. NOTE: we had a very mild winter this year and I was able to almost bucket wash exclusively... and I wouldn’t say that the minor marring on the car is any less this year than in year’s past when I Rinseless washed 1-3x per week.

It’s all what one makes out of it. I can’t imagine not being able to see real weather beading on a regular basis to compare products’ self-cleaning, resistance to contaminants, etc. But I do understand some people just want the shine and aren’t as obsessed with observing products as I am.
    I’m totally with you... My reason for not liking rinseless washes isn’t due to instilling swirls, it’s due to it being sort of a mess with all the dripping towels. Meanwhile it becomes harder to get a vehicle completely clean especially around the windows where your towels only become even dirtier... I’d much rather get to it sooner and get away with a clean waterless wash.

15. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m totally with you... My reason for not liking rinseless washes isn’t due to instilling swirls, it’s due to it being sort of a mess with all the dripping towels. Meanwhile it becomes harder to get a vehicle completely clean especially around the windows where your towels only become even dirtier... I’d much rather get to it sooner and get away with a clean waterless wash.
    If I lived in LA or Florida, I would probably never do a rinseless.

But, on those winter days up here in the Northeast where it pops up into the 40's for a few hours, they are kind of our only option.

I don't worry about swirls. I just use the best practices and I deal with any swirling in the Spring.

That being said, I totally agree with rinseless not being able to do what a bucket & hose wash can.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i think the more water the better. Nothing beats a bucket wash but sometimes i be lazyTw hybrid solutions afternoon detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast