autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Ceramic Coating for New Orca Black Metallic Audi

Just wondering what people would recommend for the best ceramic coating on a new orca black metallic Audi.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Ceramic Coating for New Orca Black Metallic Audi

Get ready for dozens of recommendations. There is no best as that is subjective.

What coatings are you looking at? That is a better place to start.

What are you looking for? Ease of use? Longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Rather than focusing on one you think looks best on a specific color, I'd say go for one with has other properties you are looking for like durability, application method, price, etc. I've used several coatings and they have all looked good on my black metallic cars, but each has been slightly different visually.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Thanks lkaten thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New to ceramic coatings. I’ve been using Wolfgang DGPS but want something more protecting from mainly road salts. It would also be nice to not need to apply as frequently. I do like a deep gloss and I do like to see water beading up and be easy to wash. I’m in Colorado, so protection from UV is also important. Ease of application would be nice too. I don’t have as much time for detailing as I’d like. Cost is always an issue. Don’t want to spend a rediculous amount.

If I like it, I may also put it on my wife’s sunset orange metallic BMW 330i.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

If you want something that protects from road salt and still gives you some shine, it sounds like Cquartz UK 3.0 is what you're looking for.

7. Likes osudelt69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lkaten View Post
    New to ceramic coatings. I’ve been using Wolfgang DGPS but want something more protecting from mainly road salts. It would also be nice to not need to apply as frequently. I do like a deep gloss and I do like to see water beading up and be easy to wash. I’m in Colorado, so protection from UV is also important. Ease of application would be nice too. I don’t have as much time for detailing as I’d like. Cost is always an issue. Don’t want to spend a rediculous amount.

If I like it, I may also put it on my wife’s sunset orange metallic BMW 330i.
    Thanks
    Adams is in our neck of the woods. You might want to look at their UV ceramic coating. Don’t other with their spray coating for your needs. The UV aspect will help with high spots.

Their coating is blended by B&B Blending and they are also in Colorado. Their coating is jade Quartz. Adams is slicker and easier to use. Durability is up in the air and I am currently testing that out.

The other option as mentioned is Cquartz UK 3.0. A little more effort with application but nothing to be concerned about.

Post Thanks / Like

Having a black car, I would not use a semi permanent (1yr.+) coating. No matter how careful, you will get swirls in that black paint and the only way to get them out, is to polish.

Now what happened to that 2 year coating that you spent so much on...GONE.

I much rather use a LITE coating that will last 6+ months and polish with a fine polish every 6-12 months at half the cost.

10. Thanks lkaten thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Ceramic Coating for New Orca Black Metallic Audi

You could also go with an easy to apply high quality sealant that lasts just as long
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

12. Thanks lkaten thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My color is ford shadow black which is a metallic but from 4 feet away it looks flat. The CQUK3.0 i put on it has looked amazing from day one. Would highly recommend

Couple weeks ago

1st applied.

It’s over 10 months and although minor swirls no need to re apply. I can also tell you 100% that a coating protects against swirls SIGNIFICANTLY better. My hood and trunk lid have way more swirls and they’ve been protected by different Sio2 sealants over this past 10+ months.

I would assume if a coating can protect against swirls it should do better against your salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    My color is ford shadow black which is a metallic but from 4 feet away it looks flat. The CQUK3.0 i put on it has looked amazing from day one. Would highly recommend

Couple weeks ago

1st applied.

It’s over 10 months and although minor swirls no need to re apply. I can also tell you 100% that a coating protects against swirls SIGNIFICANTLY better. My hood and trunk lid have way more swirls and they’ve been protected by different Sio2 sealants over this past 10+ months.

I would assume if a coating can protect against swirls it should do better against your salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your mustang looks awesome. Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast