Hi everyone.

I worked on a 2018 mustang with (what I assume is) hard paint over the past few days. I was trying to decide if I wanted to do menz 1000 + 2500 combo as I have experience with those two and hard paint (at the sacrifice of finishing gloss) or try my new bottle of 300.

Initially I believed I was still going to finish with 2500, in anticipation that haze would still be left over if I used something from the 3000 series. After doing a test spot with 300 and 3500 (and 1000 + 2500) I was pretty surprised at the results - given that I used a lake country orange pad with the 3500 (yellow pad with 300).

Even more so with how 300 cut on the hard paint and broke down to a point that would allow for 3500. I did notice that for this to happen there had to be pressure and speed adjustments towards the end of the buffing cycle (still learning).

Here's a short video that shows what I did:

YouTube

Rupes LHR 15
LC yellow pad
Speed at 4
Moderate pressure

First clip I used 5 passes at consistent pressure and speed. Second clip I used that same pressure and speed, 4th pass decreased to speed 3 with same pressure, 5th pass decreased to speed 2 and decreased pressure slightly.

I noticed no difference in cut between both areas. Both were done on same panel.

However, I wasn't able to get same correction as I would with 1000 + 2500. There were still deep scratches. I suppose there's the give and take with jobs like these (unless if we 3 step).

Any suggestions on working 300 differently? Or perhaps products similar to 300 that would cut a bit longer? (Maybe my technique was incorrect for this product)

TIA