autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

I just used the last of my Bead Maker gallon applying to my black kitchen appliances. I love the slickness! Ordered another gallon. I've never had a product make me so happy to use it.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm a little confused by your post. You say you've been using it on a consistent basis over the last 2 months. I think many of us only expect to use an LSP a few times, if that a year. So if I am understanding your post correctly, you haven't really tackled the longevity issue at all.

finally, doesn't it hardly ever rain where you live?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Now lets put longevity in proper perspective here... Are we expecting the same kind of longevity from a liquid spray sealant as we would a dedicated liquid or paste sealant? I’m certainly not, but then again this stuff comes in a gallon, and as we can see I still have 1/4th of a gallon left after 2 months of constant use every 4-5 days. I can live with that, especially considering how fast and easy it goes on/off.
    dude, you indirectly compared it to hd speed in your post...
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    The average car owner would be blown away if they knew all they had to do was wipe their car down occasionally with Beadmaker and it would shine like this. And the plus is it works on window, trim, chrome etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    with all do respect, if you're going for a quick bang then that's fine. the whole point of decon, clay and polish is to get the crap out. the point of a wax, seal or coat is to keep it off. These 2 very important steps will keep your brand new cars paint looking better for longer. I sure hope a new car would shine pretty well as it hasn't been exposed to anything for very long. A better test of this product would be to find a neglected 4 year old rogue and apply the same steps you took to it.

I am in no way trying to bash this product. it looks good and sounds appealing, but I find it difficult for you to bash the longevity and protection aspects like they're somehow not important and that shine is the end all be all.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    I enjoy using the Double Black Collection Bead Maker Paint Protectant, especially on friends and family members vehicles. Most of my friends and family members could care less about cleaning or detailing their cars. If they don't care about their cars, then I'm not going to waste my time spending hours detailing their cars. I can simply wash their vehicles and quickly apply Bead Maker and they will be extremely happy with how glossy their paint looks and how slick the paint feels.

My neighbor was outside last night washing his two-year old Honda Civic Type R "White" when I came home from work. He's always talking with me about my car and how I keep it looking so nice and clean. He knows nothing about car care, so I always try explaining things, but it just goes right over his head. I walk over to him and tell him "Car looks great!" while he's washing the car. I look over the car and see it's loaded with rail dust and feels like sandpaper. He thought that was just a defect with the paint lol. I went inside and grabbed a bottle of Bead Maker and sprayed it on the car and wiped it off. He asked what is that stuff? I told him it's an inexpensive paint protectant called "Bead Maker" that's extremely slick and glossy. He said wow look at the shine. I said yes, it's very glossy. I told him to now feel the paint surface. He was blown away with how slick his paint surface was. He looked at me and said, Bobby can you please bring home a bottle of that stuff so I can use it on my car from now on. I said sure it only retails for $10.99 and I'll get you a discount on it too. He was also amazed by the price of this product for how good it performed.

Now remember his Civic Type R was loaded with rail dust and felt like sandpaper. No iron remover, no clay bar, no polish was used before applying the Bead Maker to his painted surfaces. He was extremely happy with an inexpensive spray product that only took a few minutes to apply and made such a big difference in the appearance of his vehicle. His Civic Type R now looks extremely glossy and slick to the touch.

I did explain to him that he should use an Iron Remover, Clay Bar and Polish to remove the rail dust and airborne contaminants from his vehicle to get the best performance out of the Bead Maker. His Paint surface would look and feel even better if he took the time and detailed his car the correct way.

Inexpensive, easy to use, great results = Happy Customer

Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant
    I'm glad you told him about removing the contaminants, because just covering them up is not a good long term solution.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post

I am in no way trying to bash this product. it looks good and sounds appealing, but I find it difficult for you to bash the longevity and protection aspects like they're somehow not important and that shine is the end all be all.

To some it is the end all, be all.

8. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    To some it is the end all, be all.
    yeah i get it. For me though it's like putting fresh paint over rotting wood, or interior paint on the outside of your house. You'll be good with either for a while but that's it. Without cleaning and removing the rail dust, contaminants and crap what's the point of providing a protection barrier?

idk, I have 3 kids and full-time job and I love my cars, but to hand wash once a week and apply a product once a week is crazy for most. If anyone needs evidence of this, the coating craze is proof that people want more value for their time.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Renny Doyle Beadmaker Revisited - 2month Standalone Review

idk, I have 3 kids and full-time job and I love my cars, but to hand wash once a week and apply a product once a week is crazy for most. If anyone needs evidence of this, the coating craze is proof that people want more value for their time.
    Here’s where you finally validate your opinion with circumstance.

The review was completed with certain parameters and a result was formed. If these don’t fit your use case then it doesn’t mean the product or review is rubbish, it simply provides you a use case.

Take it or leave it.

13. Likes Rsurfer, bfielder32087, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

dude, you indirectly compared it to hd speed in your post...
    I intentionally compared it to HD Speed in my post, there wasn’t anything indirect about it. I stand by my statement that this product blows away HD Speed or any other AIO in terms of longevity. Most AIO’s don’t even bead at the 2 week mark, and in this case HD Speed was only beading maybe 20% at a mere 7 days after I used it on my car.

i'm a little confused by your post. You say you've been using it on a consistent basis over the last 2 months. I think many of us only expect to use an LSP a few times, if that a year. So if I am understanding your post correctly, you haven't really tackled the longevity issue at all.

finally, doesn't it hardly ever rain where you live?
    I think you’re confusing the term standalone for longevity...

Standalone: Meaning it’s the only product that’s on your paint with the purpose of providing protection. You could apply a paste wax, sealant, etc. to your paint everyday for the next month, it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s the only product that’s protecting the paint.

There’s alot of reviews i.e. for coatings which state something like “yea my C Quartz has been doing great going on 2yrs. and all I’ve ever done is top it with Reload, Skin, Gliss, Wetcoat, etc. every 3 months and it’s still beads”.... Yea it’s no wonder it still beads... But 1 thing it’s not is a standalone review for C Quartz because it’s been muddled with another product.

It was never my intention to tackle Beadmakers longevity. I don’t expect this or any spray sealant that only takes me maybe an extra minute of time to apply as a drying aid during a quik waterless/rinseless or bucket wash to somehow last and protect my paint for 2-3 months or even longer like some of these outrageous expectations some people on youtube have when they do longevity tests of spray sealants.

I apply it during my waterless wash which I do every 4-7 days and the entire process of wiping down my car takes an average of 10-12 minutes from beginning to end. It’s super easy. How long it lasts on a single application is irrelevant to me.

I live in Los Angeles, it pretty much never rains over here.

15. Likes Jon TDS, RamAirV1 liked this post
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast