autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’ve tried Beadmaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I only use my PFM's to dry a car, not apply something so I can't comment but for application of Bewdmaker
    Whoa wait a second... Were you actually about to call it Jewmaker? Did anyone else catch this? Hey guys I think we may have found the smoking gun aka the reason behind the hyperbole?lol.

As far as the towels: If I’m using it or anything as a “drying aid” I’m only using 1 towel. [PFM]
    You use 2 different towels when drying a panel of a vehicle? How? If I go over a panel with a PFM it’s bone dry [or at least 90%+ bone dry] and going over it again with a separate towel would simply result in unnecessary dry wiping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    After reading all the posts from both Autogeek and Autopia on what Beadmaker is not, we should focus on what it is. its one of the most cost effective, slickest and glossiest spray products available. For me nothing works as well for what I need it to do. I wash my cars each week and apply Beadmaker every week I do not car about durability since what ever I use, I add a coat each week anyway. I have tried and will continue to try everything that comes out. So far CG V7 is nice , but gloss and slickness not as good (Have 3/4 of gallon left), PA HG, probably my 2nd favorite, not as slick and its expensive (1/2 a bottle left), I love Caropro especially essence and Echo2, but I hate Reload(1.5 bottles left) unless its mixed with Ech02 and then its just almost as glossy as BM. Duragloss products are just ok, I have them all, they mute metallic and just don't have the pop like other products( have a little of everything left). FK1000p great product, I used that topped with BM for a while or topped with Hydrosilex, FK 425 nice QD I use it a clay lube for me not as slick or glossy as BM, I tried it on 3 cars its just ok. I love Sonax, but BSD although great beads its hard to use and no slickness at all( still have 2 bottles). I love Sonax shine and seal, Mckees SI02, Geyon Wc and CP Hydro, I top them all with BM.
    Well said...this debate reminds me of those that sprung up after the introduction of HD Speed...some guys saying it was the greatest thing ever, other guys saying it was terrible. On the up side, we have tons of choices out there for almost any given application in detailing...how cool is that?

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DETAILROOKIE, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Well said...this debate reminds me of those that sprung up after the introduction of HD Speed...some guys saying it was the greatest thing ever, other guys saying it was terrible. On the up side, we have tons of choices out there for almost any given application in detailing...how cool is that?
    Amen!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Whoa wait a second... Were you actually about to call it Jewmaker? Did anyone else catch this? Hey guys I think we may have found the smoking gun aka the reason behind the hyperbole?lol.

As far as the towels: If I’m using it or anything as a “drying aid” I’m only using 1 towel. [PFM]
    You use 2 different towels when drying a panel of a vehicle? How? If I go over a panel with a PFM it’s bone dry [or at least 90%+ bone dry] and going over it again with a separate towel would simply result in unnecessary dry wiping.
    I wasn't close to calling it anything like that at all, lets becareful here, slanderous statements will certainly not be tolerated!

Post Thanks / Like

its not a bad product but for me its a dust magnet which i dont like..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

7. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I only use my PFM's to dry a car, not apply something so I can't comment but for application of Bewdmaker I use The Roman towel or the Jack's.
    So let me ask again... If you’re drying a car and using Beadmaker as a drying aid, are you using a PFM? If so, how is it possible to have anything on the panel for a 2nd towel to wipe up?

My method is:
    Bucket wash
    Rinse
    Sheeting rinse
    Spray drying aid
    Wipe panel with a dry PFM
    Bone dry/ done.

That being said, how are you not using a PFM to apply and remove?

Post Thanks / Like

When used as a drying aid, yes, I use a single towel to dry a wet car sprayed with B E A D M A K E R, that towel could be a PFM or more likely a Sucker. When applying B E A D M A K E R dry I use something like The Roman or Jack towel.

Which towel and process I use here isn't really important here now though

Post Thanks / Like

Btw I’ve been doing 6-8 sprays per panel. Heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve tried Beadmaker...

When used as a drying aid, yes, I use a single towel to dry a wet car sprayed with B E A D M A K E R, that towel could be a PFM or more likely a Sucker. When applying B E A D M A K E R dry I use something like The Roman or Jack towel.

Which towel and process I use here isn't really important here now though

Personally, when drying a car, including times I’m using a drying aid = Large PFM Towel.

If I’m applying Beadmaker to a dry vehicle = Small PFM Towel, and that single PFM towel can handle the entire job including a large sedan like my Cadillac.

I’ve watched Matt Moremans video where he went through something like 15-25 towels to apply Beadmaker and I can’t imagine how in the world he managed to use that many towels when all I ever need is one 16x16 towel. I don’t care how humid it was.

What kind of towel was an important question I needed answered. I was holding out hope that maybe the reason I haven’t experienced the never before seen slickness was due to the towel I was using, but according to you that’s not important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Btw I’ve been doing 6-8 sprays per panel. Heavy.
    I tried heavy and noticed my towel just ate more of it. I think 2-3 sprays is plenty for me on something like a regular size trunk lid. That said I find BM doesn't go as far as other products. Not a huge difference but a little less.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast