autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’ve tried Beadmaker...

I've applied BM 4 times since March 30th, the latest was last night. I asked my wife how she's liked the look of her black Q5 for the last few weeks. She said "It looks good, you always make the car looks good..."
    Me: "But?"
    Her: "It doesn't look as shiny as sometimes it does."

I got to the bottom of this immediately and she said that this past summer was a good example for her preference of 'shiny'. Last summer I had PBL Sealant on it with a host of different toppers, but typically PA High Gloss and eventually PA Black Wulfenite. I then tested her on what type of look she likes the most: 1) deep/rich, 2) candy-coated, 3) glassy, and of course I explained all 3. She said she likes 1 and 3 the most, which I suppose is consistent with what she is telling me.

I personally think the BM gloss looks good, but not the greatest I've seen. To an average eye it may not be anything super special.

On a separate note: it makes me feel better spending all my $$$ on the expensive products when she specifically calls out the 'shiny' times being when I use my most upscale products (PBL & PA being included that barrel). This spring/summer will be Essence topped with different SiO2 sprays, so I think she will be happy

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of V07... we use it for door jams, under hood metal, trunk jams, etc. Works well IMO for that purpose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Now here’s what the post wash rinse looked like. [Hyper Wash]
    Notice how much of the beading is diminished.

I’ll have to do more tests, but on this occasion it was definitely diminished after a regular bucket wash... I used Beadmaker as a drying aid making it the 3rd application on my Cadillac.
    Eldo,
    Do you think there's any possibility that Hyper Wash left some residue on the surface that is messing with the BM beading? I'm not saying this is the case, I understand HW isn't supposed to leave anything behind but have always wondered why its so much cheaper than coating washes. I've not used it myself but tryin to determine if it's my next go-to car wash. I'd be curious if the beading comes back at all after a different type of wash or some rain (which you probably won't get soon).

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve tried Beadmaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Regarding the price, Beadmaker may be inexpensive but you have to use a lot of it when you apply it. On the other hand, D156 is also very inexpensive and 2 sprays in the towel are plenty to do a panel... so in terms of cost per use, D156 pretty much destroys anything else on the market IMO.
    So far I’m the same way... I’m going through it like water. It’s funny how something can get said once and it then gets ingrained in peoples heads like gospel. [for lack of a better word]

All I know is I’m using alot of it. I did 3 cars today. I refilled my 32oz. bottle at the start and refilled it again midway through the 3rd vehicle because it was about 3/4 gone. I spray the heck out of it. Doesn’t really matter to me, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Eldo,
    Do you think there's any possibility that Hyper Wash left some residue on the surface that is messing with the BM beading? I'm not saying this is the case, I understand HW isn't supposed to leave anything behind but have always wondered why its so much cheaper than coating washes. I've not used it myself but tryin to determine if it's my next go-to car wash. I'd be curious if the beading comes back at all after a different type of wash or some rain (which you probably won't get soon).
    Well I’d like to say no, and I honestly lean towards no, but the thing with Hyper Wash is that the dilution ratio actually is and should be 400:1 but for me that’s not always easy to stick to.
    For 1: 400:1 isn’t exactly an easy dilution to figure out.
    2: Having about 15 beefy mitts in a 5 gallon bucket can sometimes get in the way of your suds and if that happens it can be a suds killer so sometimes it’s easy to be more liberal with the soap in order to try to prevent the suds from going limp during a wash. I’m sure there’s times when I use more Hyper Wash soap than recommended, but it never gets to the point where it feels like too much, but I wouldn’t trust my opinion vs. manufacturer recommendations, so it could be a possibility. Hope that makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s something I’ve been thinking about after my post earlier today.

Is it possible that Beadmaker feels different based on what kind of towel is used to apply and remove it? I’ve been using mostly Griots PFM towels to apply and remove. I think I’ve mixed in a waffle weave or 2 but I haven’t tried it with normL microfibers i.e. Kirklands and I was wondering if maybe the mythical “super slickness” can be felt with a normL low nap microfiber as opposed to using a PFM?

Reason I ask is because PFM’s aren’t exactly the kind of towels that are known for floating and gliding over paint. I’m wondering if that could be the reason I haven’t experienced the extraordinary slickness that was expected?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Well I’d like to say no, and I honestly lean towards no, but the thing with Hyper Wash is that the dilution ratio actually is and should be 400:1 but for me that’s not always easy to stick to.
    For 1: 400:1 isn’t exactly an easy dilution to figure out.
    2: Having about 15 beefy mitts in a 5 gallon bucket can sometimes get in the way of your suds and if that happens it can be a suds killer so sometimes it’s easy to be more liberal with the soap in order to try to prevent the suds from going limp during a wash. I’m sure there’s times when I use more Hyper Wash soap than recommended, but it never gets to the point where it feels like too much, but I wouldn’t trust my opinion vs. manufacturer recommendations, so it could be a possibility. Hope that makes sense.
    Definitely makes sense. Thanks for the thoughtful response... one I clearly don’t know the answer to either, but given that I’m considering HW in the future it was very informative for me.

Thanks for posting this BeadMaker review!

Post Thanks / Like

I only use my PFM's to dry a car, not apply something so I can't comment but for application of Bewdmaker I use The Roman towel or the Jack's. I understand and can appreciate the Mavericks out there that don't follow the hurd, trust me but to say it's not the slickest product or no more than anything else on the market is just wrong. As far as POP, well, I can only speak about how Beadmaker made every spec of metallic stand up and be counted on my old car, the Abarth. On that car I was dialed in to what made a difference and what didn't....IT DID on that paint for sure, this new car of mine has different paint and certainly a different color, so stay 'tuned".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    8 OUNCES to do one vehicle? Really? WOW. I've done my entire fleet of 4 cars with less than 4 ounces. Which = 2 oz per car.
    Just doing the math from Eldorado's post: Done with his 32 ounce bottles and did 4 cars.

Videos I have watch say to lay it down heavy.

If you can use only 2 ounces per vehicles then it's a much better deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Pretty much the impression I had after using it. Fun, easy to use and cost-effective but functionally a bit over-hyped.
    Agree, not a bad product, but I was expecting more with all that hype.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sedan now, a smaller one but I'm going to measure out how much I use because although I'm heavy handed with application sometimes I don't believe I use 8 ounces of product except when I first got it. I remember when I got Auto-Fanatic 007 Gloss Enhancer the first time, a 16 ounce bottle is all that's available and I did 3 cars with it, just sayin'.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast