autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Poxy and HD Speed

I have had a liter bottle of HD Poxy sitting on my shelf for a couple of months. I had read some reviews and everyone seemed to rave about it. I have used HD Speed and have had great results with it. I didn't have time to do a full detail on my wifes' Land Rover LR3 so I decided that I would try out the HD Poxy on the hood. I washed and clayed the hood. I then polished it with HD Speed and my Flex 3401 and an orange Lake County Pad. It looked great after the the HD Speed treatment. I then put a coat of the HD Poxy on with the softest pad that I could find. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and wiped it clean. Most of it looked amazing. However, I noticed a few spots that didn't cover very well. There were only a couple up new the windshield side of the hood. I had used the machine to apply the HD Poxy and thought that I had done a pretty good job at covering the entire hood. I put on a second coat of HD Poxy, let it sit for 30 minutes and wiped it off, the entire hood looked great, no more splotched areas. As far as durability, time will tell, we live near the beach and the car sits out 24/7. I hand wash it weekly using the two-bucket method, so it stays pretty clean and is never abused. It usually gets a polish with HD Speed or Rupes UHS every couple of months and is then topped with a wax, I have used the WG Fuxion, Better Butter Wax, Black Light by Chemical Guys and a few other brands.

So far I am very impressed with the HD Poxy, it looks great, it rained yesterday and the beading was amazing. Easy to put on and take off, the splotching was a little disconcerting, I will have to be more careful, I may not have used enough product or was trying to cover too large an area. Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD Poxy and HD Speed-oct-24-2016-007-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Poxy and HD Speed

I have had good luck with hd speed and hd proxy

Post Thanks / Like

One more photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD Poxy and HD Speed-image-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed + HD poxy is a stellar combo! I've been using it for the past year for quick details and I love how HD Poxy has paint darkening effects. Additional, you can maintain HD Poxy with HD Express after a maintenance or ONR wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the speed not so on the poxy.powerlock or 4 star.

Post Thanks / Like

Used the combo on a 2006 Silver Toyota 4Runner. Owner blown away. Sorry, was too tired and in a hurry to deliver vehicle to take pics.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How long did you wait to apply the Poxy?

Post Thanks / Like

I applied Poxy about 15 minutes after wiping off Speed. Then waited 30 minutes before wiping off Poxy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharply Dressed View Post
    I applied Poxy about 15 minutes after wiping off Speed. Then waited 30 minutes before wiping off Poxy.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleM View Post
    How long did you wait to apply the Poxy?
    No real need to wait. You can top it immediately.

Here's a helpful hint that will not only save you lots of time, but will also increase the longevity of Speed/Poxy's protection....

After you've dialed in the perfect combo, don't remove Speed after each polishing cycle. Leave it on and remove it once all the polishing is complete. Even if it's a few days down the road. Have no fear....removal will not be affected. What this does is allows the protective polymers to link up creating a better/tighter bond. Removing the product immediately after each buffing cycle doesn't provide *optimal* (adequate yes) set up. It's no different with any other polymer paint sealant as we don't wipe it on a panel and then quickly remove.

After removal of Speed, apply Poxy via DA polisher sparingly to the entire vehicle. 6-10 drops can usually cover an average sized car. Once you're done applying Poxy, remove the buffing pad and wipe over and smooth out the existing layer that's already on the vehicle. Again, this will help evenly distribute the product over the surface. Any high spots will be leveled and it will greatly help with the removal process. It will also allow you to get into hard to reach spots (like under door handles) and edge in spots that can't be applied via your buffer.

I'm certain this will help and produce much greater results.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast