autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's 37 10 Minute Sealant

Nick had kindly given me a beta version of this product to test. And thankfully, he eliminated the fragrance for production. It smelled like old lady perfume. The production version has no added fragrance that I can discern.

So this is a very quick and easy to use paint sealant. It can actually be used on all hard exterior surfaces.

The first application of this product I used on a freshly polished and prepped trunk lid. After the first application, there was beading and sheeting, but not as intense as I would like. The following week I applied it again, and the beading got much more intense. Ive since applied it a few times more and it beads strong as anything. I guess while it doesnt "build up" it does seem to be building a film layer with each new application, so everytime its applied, its only getting stronger.

As far as application, it goes on similar to a few coatings Ive used in the way it spreads. In the times I used it, it was more of a wipe on wipe off but I think I was applying it to heavy so it wasnt flashing and dissapearing. No problem though as a very light wipe removed the residue with no effort.

The advertising is misleading though, it took me 13 minutes to apply it to the exterior of this car:

This product is very versatile. It can be used to maintain a coating, as a standalone protection, and even a drying aid. Use it on windows, wheels, any hard exterior surface with no problem.

PS thats Mckee's 37 Tire Coating on the tires.

So many ways to protect your car with Mckee's 37, and this is another great option.

McKee's 37 10 Minute Paint Sealant

2. Thanks Diner, Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's 37 10 Minute Sealant

I like the fragrance! Either way it's a good product

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

Since Nick had mentioned that there is some SiO2 in it, it makes me wonder if you are seeing better water behavior because the SiO2 in it has cured. Being solvent based, I would think it would remove a little of the first layer or degrade it. Similar to how opti-seal behaves. Just speculating and thinking out loud here. Nick is the one that would truly know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks for the review.

Since Nick had mentioned that there is some SiO2 in it, it makes me wonder if you are seeing better water behavior because the SiO2 in it has cured. Being solvent based, I would think it would remove a little of the first layer or degrade it. Similar to how opti-seal behaves. Just speculating and thinking out loud here. Nick is the one that would truly know.
    It was a week after when I washed my car after the first application the beading wasnt intense. So it should have been fully cured.

What you say makes sense, but at the same time while its degrading it, whatever its adding might be more than whats being removed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    What you say makes sense, but at the same time while its degrading it, whatever its adding might be more than whats being removed?
    Also very possible. From your photo it left a nice look to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Just waiting on the next sale to pick some up, can't wait! Hopefully it fills in my current use of Pinnacle BL Coating booster over Mckees 37 Paint coating at a much better price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Nick had kindly given me a beta version of this product to test. And thankfully, he eliminated the fragrance for production. It smelled like old lady perfume. The production version has no added fragrance that I can discern.

So this is a very quick and easy to use paint sealant. It can actually be used on all hard exterior surfaces.

The first application of this product I used on a freshly polished and prepped trunk lid. After the first application, there was beading and sheeting, but not as intense as I would like. The following week I applied it again, and the beading got much more intense. Ive since applied it a few times more and it beads strong as anything. I guess while it doesnt "build up" it does seem to be building a film layer with each new application, so everytime its applied, its only getting stronger.

As far as application, it goes on similar to a few coatings Ive used in the way it spreads. In the times I used it, it was more of a wipe on wipe off but I think I was applying it to heavy so it wasnt flashing and dissapearing. No problem though as a very light wipe removed the residue with no effort.

The advertising is misleading though, it took me 13 minutes to apply it to the exterior of this car:

This product is very versatile. It can be used to maintain a coating, as a standalone protection, and even a drying aid. Use it on windows, wheels, any hard exterior surface with no problem.

PS thats Mckee's 37 Tire Coating on the tires.

So many ways to protect your car with Mckee's 37, and this is another great option.

McKee's 37 10 Minute Paint Sealant
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

so is this 10 minute paint sealed used like optiseal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleancarjson View Post
    so is this 10 minute paint sealed used like optiseal?
    It can be but I'd say optiseal is better. This McKee's one doesn't last at all.
    Bruno Soares

11. Thanks cleancarjson thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    It can be but I'd say optiseal is better. This McKee's one doesn't last at all.
    Ok thanks. I got it in a mystery bucket and figured i would use it as a weekly drying aid.

Rags to riches detergent should help the towels afterwards.

13. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post