autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Engine Degreaser

Thank you Meghan for sending this out to me for review.

Products:

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Engine Degreaser

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser is a non-toxic, biodegradable formula used to remove crud and oil from your engine and surrounding areas. BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser uses a gentle formula that will not harm your engine’s components or the paint, plastic, and glass surrounding your engine compartment. Engine bays are a dirty area – they’re exposed to oils, dirt, grime, and all sorts of other crud – but BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser will get that cleaned in no time!

Any detailing professional or enthusiast will tell you that keeping your paint, wheels, and glass clean is of the utmost importance. But what about what’s under the hood? Not only does a dirty engine look bad (who wants to see caked on grease at a car show!?), but it can also start to harm your delicate engine pieces if not properly cared for. Finding a degreaser that can cut through that thick crud, while not damaging the surrounding area in the process, is a must when looking to detail your engine!

Many degreasers on the market today use harsh, caustic chemicals to break down caked on crud, but not BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser!
    Using a gentle, non-toxic, and biodegradable formula, BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser effectively removes thick layers of grease, oil, dirt, grime, salt, and more from your engine’s surfaces!

During detailing, some overspray is to be expected; and if you’re using harsh chemicals, you may cause untold damage to your paint, plastic, or glass. BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser, using the same qualities that make the formula non-toxic and biodegradable, will not harm any surface it comes into contact with. In fact, it’ll leave it cleaner than when you found it!

Keep your vehicle’s covered surfaces just as cleaned and detail as its exterior surfaces with BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser!

Directions for use: First and foremost, ensure proper precautions are taken to protect elements of your engine that should not be exposed to moisture. This includes blocking the air intake if necessary. Do not use BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser on a hot engine.

First, wet the surface using a fine mist of water.

Spray BLACKFIRE Engine Degreaser onto the surface to be treated and allow to soak for approximately 3-5 minutes.

If necessary, use a soft bristled brush to agitate and remove stuck-on crud.

Rinse away using another fine mist of water.

I used this on the engine bay of my brothers 1999 Tahoe. He purchased it from one of our uncles. The engine bay has not been cleaned in quite some time.

Comes in the typical black bottle.

Rear label with the directions. It is pretty straight forward on how to use. One wants to do this on a cool engine bay.

Before shot of the engine bay. It is currently shy of 100K miles.

Closer view of the dirty plastic shroud.

The engine bay was rinsed first per the directions. This removed any of the loose dirt. Be sure to cover parts that do not want to be exposed with water. In this case the alternator. A plastic bag works just fine.

Here the product has been sprayed onto the surface and was left to dwell for 5 minutes. I did use a brush to agitate the product after the 5 minutes to get a deeper clean.

Here is the after shot of the clean engine bay. It was dried with the metrovac sidekick.

And one final shot after some CarPro Perl to dress up the engine bay.

These last two photos are not the best as the sun was shifting. I hope it gives the idea of what the product can do.

Blackfire Engine Degreaser worked well to clean up the engine bay. It did well to remove baked on grease on other areas of the engine bay as well as on the rear firewall with agitation from a brush.

I followed the directions and had no issues using it. It did a good job cleaning up the engine bay.

It does not have a harsh scent or cause any weird staining.

This is a good product for those looking for a safe way to clean the engine bay.

Thanks for reading.

2. Thanks PA DETAILER, JustJesus, Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Engine Degreaser

Weird that I missed this review. But I saw it now!

I could see this working on the Yaris easy enough. I wonder how it will do on the Jeep?

I have it and will review it soon.

Thanks for sharing, The Guz

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Weird that I missed this review. But I saw it now!

I could see this working on the Yaris easy enough. I wonder how it will do on the Jeep?

I have it and will review it soon.

Thanks for sharing, The Guz
    Looking forward to your review.

6. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Guz. I have a bottle as well and am just waiting on a decent engine bay to use it on. Do you think it's stronger than a regular APC?
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

8. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review and I bet your brother is happy too!

10. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Guz. I have a bottle as well and am just waiting on a decent engine bay to use it on. Do you think it's stronger than a regular APC?
    Thanks. I think it's about the same strength as an APC. One thing I have experienced with APC is that some metal components develop some staining. With the Blackfire product I did not experience that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Thank you for the review and I bet your brother is happy too!
    Thanks Meghan. Yeah he was quite happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks. I think it's about the same strength as an APC. One thing I have experienced with APC is that some metal components develop some staining. With the Blackfire product I did not experience that.
    Just for kicks, I used it to clean a camshaft and adjustable cam gear. The cam gear may be coated aluminum...maybe. Didn't notice any staining

13. Likes The Guz liked this post