For this review, I’m going to share my thoughts on using Meg’s Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner (D-143) as a maintenance wheel cleaner. I’m not going to focus on its ability as a tire cleaner.

*Unbiased Review Disclaimer* I purchased this product with my own $$. This product was not sent to me in exchange for a review.

From AG’s copy:

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner is a professional-grade wheel and tire cleaner that forgoes caustic acids and instead relies on smart chemistry. Designed to clean clear coated, factory painted and chrome wheels, Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner enables you to save time and maximize profits by relying on one wheel cleaner for most applications. Like the name implies, Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner removes dirt and grime from tires as well. Now that’s what we call a great value!

Over the years I’ve used a lot of different wheel cleaners. You name it - I’ve probably tried it. All in an effort to keep my dust happy BMW rims clean. And as much a Sio2 or SiC coating helps to create a dust barrier allowing for easier maintenance cleaning there are times only using my pressure washer alone isn’t enough. I don’t always need to break out the “big guns” and use a ferrous metal removing product but I still need to use *something* in order to clean my rims w/o resorting to a soapy bucket of wheel cleaning brushes.

Enter Meg’s D-143

Directions:

1. Spray the wheel or tire down with cool water,
  2. Spray D-143 onto the surface- one tire/wheel at a time,
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Rinse off
  5. Repeat on remaining rims

Here’s one of my rims after a week of driving:

Pre-rinsed with my pressure washer, notice there is still a layer of crud present:

D-143 applied:

Rinsed off after 30 seconds:

Much better! And I didn’t have to scrub anything!!!

Conclusion

As a maintenance wheel cleaner D-143 when paired with a basic pressure washer like mine (AR Blue 383) is an effective way
of keeping your rims clean. I’ve been using D-143 for the last few months and will be purchasing more.

Will D-143 remove embedded ferrous iron build up? Nope! And it’s not supposed to. You’ll still need to break out a ferrous iron decon product for that, but by using D-143 hopefully, you’ll save time and money by extending the amount of time it takes for ferrous deposits to occur.

D-143 is
incredibly cost-effective @ $21.99 for a GALLON. It can even be diluted 2:1!

Bonus mini review: This was the first time I’ve purchased a Meguiars branded spray bottle to use with D-143. I gotta say it’s a nice touch to use a pre-labeled color-coded bottle so you know at a glance exactly what's in the bottle. I also paired the bottle with a 360 upside down sprayer so no matter what angle I’m holding the bottle D-143 is dispensed.

I hope this review was helpful!