autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    Something obviously went wrong. I am not the most experienced, and am just starting down this really addicting road of finding out what works for me. The bottle of reload was brand new. Just got it. It may have gotten frozen in shipping. But I had it inside for days before applying. It was about 15 minutes after the 914 wipe that I did the reload. I did the PNS side first. It’s was only probably 45-50 degrees when I applied them. So maybe that has something to do with it.

But this is my point. I applied the PNS first with absolutely no issues at all. First! I don’t want products that are finicky. Ones that you have to apply while standing on one leg, at exactly 68 degrees, with a NW breeze of 15mph. Lol. I’m not trying to be difficult and I do hate when people post negative reviews because of their stupidity. But I am researching this stuff all the time now and trying to do the the proper steps. I really want to like the reload. I want to put Reload on one of my cars and PNS on the other.

I will try to wash and examine again today to figure out what may have happened.
    I'm surely not the forum pro, there are many more who possess better analytics than I do to pinpoint the reasons-causes when a known good product fails. I, being a Reload user afor a good few years now have only wished to provide some shred of help. But honestly, I am stumped as well.

I myself have never chosen to use Reload as a stand alone product, nor have used it to top any other products other than Carpro CQuartz which is on my 1997 Tahoe. Reload is exclusively reserved for this use as a rejuvenator-maintainer product for CQuartz, none other.

2. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something obviously went wrong. I am not the most experienced, and am just starting down this really addicting road of finding out what works for me. The bottle of reload was brand new. Just got it. It may have gotten frozen in shipping. But I had it inside for days before applying. It was about 15 minutes after the 914 wipe that I did the reload. I did the PNS side first. It’s was only probably 45-50 degrees when I applied them. So maybe that has something to do with it.

But this is my point. I applied the PNS first with absolutely no issues at all. First! I don’t want products that are finicky. Ones that you have to apply while standing on one leg, at exactly 68 degrees, with a NW breeze of 15mph. Lol. I’m not trying to be difficult and I do hate when people post negative reviews because of their stupidity. But I am researching this stuff all the time now and trying to do the the proper steps. I really want to like the reload. I want to put Reload on one of my cars and PNS on the other.

I will try to wash and examine again today to figure out what may have happened.
    I agree with you that it's gonna be easy to work with. Don't know how reload does if it has been frosen. Maybe test with a waterless wash or rinseless wash with n914 and see what happens. It's seems that you have applyied it right and just wondering what had happens with reload. Cause it would hold up to a wash and road salt better I think. See if you can revive it or test some other time.

I totaly failed with a application with Ultima paint guard plus and think it was the humidity that failed it to cure in low temperature. It's was gone after the first wash for me and I have had to last 5 months before.

4. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice test OP!

Sonax PNS had perform well on my car in terms of durability and self cleaning.
    The only thing doesn't impress me is the applicator and microfiber became near useless after application.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

So Ochnob, do you have any Essence that you could apply prior to the Reload? If not, what about Erasure to wipe down with first? If neither, I would mop (Like as in sopping wet rag) the panel with IPA, then reapply the Reload.

Maybe it's me, but I wouldn't say a product isn't bullet proof just because it has to be prepped or applied a specific way. Now if the prep/application is ridicules or extremely difficult then yeah. I wouldn't throw out my Sio2 spray and blast coatings because I can't just wipe and dry like a quick spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I believe something may have happened to the product. I ordered during the recent freezing weather and it is my assumption that it froze and that did something to the product. Or I got a bad batch but I lean more towards the freezing component.

Here is a completely different car that is polished with Sonax 04-06 and then 3 separate IPA wipes. No 914. Straight IPA solution. 2 separate applications of Reload. Unfortunately the same failure. So something must have happened to the product.

Left passenger side has reload. Right side has McKees Hydro Blue.

Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload-img_20180121_142623733_hdr-jpg

So after the second application I want to not put a disparage Carpro reload or the company in any way. I think this is simply my first experience with dealing with product in which some external situation changed the characteristics of the product. I am going to contact customer service today and get the bottle switched out.

Thanks for all the input!

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I believe something may have happened to the product. I ordered during the recent freezing weather and it is my assumption that it froze and that did something to the product. Or I got a bad batch but I lean more towards the freezing component.

Here is a completely different car that is polished with Sonax 04-06 and then 3 separate IPA wipes. No 914. Straight IPA solution. 2 separate applications of Reload. Unfortunately the same failure. So something must have happened to the product.

Left passenger side has reload. Right side has McKees Hydro Blue.

Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload-img_20180121_142623733_hdr-jpg

So after the second application I want to not put a disparage Carpro reload or the company in any way. I think this is simply my first experience with dealing with product in which some external situation changed the characteristics of the product. I am going to contact customer service today and get the bottle switched out.

Thanks for all the input!

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Hi, i think its some problem of your application as well, you need to apply much more squirts over the surface , 1 mf wiping it on the surface sprayed and another one or dry side mf to wipe it off well, too thin layering will result shorter effect on the car.
    latest Reload has no problem spraying direct on surface and wiping on and off.

Post Thanks / Like

Another way to apply which I myself did last time I used Reload about a month ago in a heated garage, was to apply it just like one would apply a liquid wax.

I used a combination of spraying directly onto a foam applicator pad to prime, and then added a couple spritzes per panel and massaged the product in evenly.

Then simply came behind with a plush MF Towel, did a walk-around and got fantastic and flawless final results. Sure, might've been a little more work this way, but the little extra effort IMO was worth it. Absolutely no smearing, streaking or clouding-hazing occurred.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had luck with longevity of Reload. Overrated product, IMO.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Reload probably needs surgicially clean paint to adhere isn't it quartz based?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Hi, i think its some problem of your application as well, you need to apply much more squirts over the surface , 1 mf wiping it on the surface sprayed and another one or dry side mf to wipe it off well, too thin layering will result shorter effect on the car.
    latest Reload has no problem spraying direct on surface and wiping on and off.
    But he did spray on the surface and spread it with a mf applicator and waited so it was a little sticky which I think means it had bonded to the surface. And with this application he did and prep work it would last over the next wash? How is reload after it has frosen? Because something is wrong with it I think. Ech2o in a qd dilution last over a wash even. So if he have done what he has writing and seen no point of him lying about it. And it's only about how many squirts to a half of the hood. Then reload has a longevity problem on it's own.

Ochnob do you remember about how many squirts you did with each application?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast