autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Seems like you only did half of the directions which is the bucket wash and did not follow up with the second part regardless of the dilution ratio you used. Which is what Mark is referring to. At least this is what I got from reading your initial review.

Also you can contact Jeff McEachran who is a US Gyeon rep. You can try to PM him here and see if he responds.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-coatings.html

http://gyeonquartzusa.com/contact/
    It’s called Bathe+. It’s supposed to be car shampoo. Who wants a car shampoo that requires you to do a mitt wipedown afterwards? Especially considering there’s some people who don’t even want to touch their paint with anything after the wash... Read the back label. It says “wash & coat in one simple step”

And from their own website. “Just a quik wash is enough to obtain marvelous hydrophobic effect”

If you’re willing to settle for less while paying alot more than go for it. Personally, when I pay for premium stuff I expect to get what I pay for.

If I knew it wouldn’t produce any results even at 3x the dilution for a bucket wash I would’ve bought a different brands spray on coating.

2. Thanks rddetail, KBsToy, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@The Guz. Consider the fact that Bathe+ sells for $148.00 dollars per gallon /$220.00 per gallon if you were to buy the small bottles, and even for all that money it doesn’t do what it claims to do with “a simple quik wash”

What sort of equity has Gyeon built with you to actually be defending such an obvious bad product? Can you imagine having to wash a Suburban while bending over backwards the way you’re talking about with this 2nd step? You consider Bathe+ good value? Good car soap? Good anything? Especially for the price... That’s astonishing.

I wouldn’t buy it again if it was @the 99cents only store.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s called Bathe+. It’s supposed to be car shampoo. Who wants a car shampoo that requires you to do a mitt wipedown afterwards? Especially considering there’s some people who don’t even want to touch their paint with anything after the wash... Read the back label. It says “wash & coat in one simple step”

And from their own website. “Just a quik wash is enough to obtain marvelous hydrophobic effect”

If you’re willing to settle for less while paying alot more than go for it. Personally, when I pay for premium stuff I expect to get what I pay for.

If I knew it wouldn’t produce any results even at 3x the dilution for a bucket wash I would’ve bought a different brands spray on coating.
    We can go back and forth all day but the directions clearly state the way to use it as does Gyeon's own video. The product description may be off and that is something for the manufacturer to fix or not fix. Mention that to Jeff and see if he can pass it along to have the label fixed. Offer it up in the samples thread and trade it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have had good results the couple times I used it. Bathe+
    Interested to know more about the vehicle[s] you used it on. Were they coated? Waxed, sealant or another form of lsp? Completely bare paint?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Really like stoners coating wash economical and works great. Not sure if it uses the same type of protection but water sheets off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Guz and Eldorado, you both used the same product and experienced different results which is what makes detailing special. Forums are there to share personal experiences and to be objective as its a platform for sharing. As one becomes more experienced we tend to be more expressive and to noobs it generally doesn’t align with their way of thinking and we come across as abrupt. I like Eldorado’s honest review which is rare these days and while I might totally agree with his Bathe+ review I might disagree with another review of his. I personally encourage factual, constructive debate which to some might come across as stone throwing however on the contrary it makes for a healthy platform.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Interested to know more about the vehicle[s] you used it on. Were they coated? Waxed, sealant or another form of lsp? Completely bare paint?
    One car had close to 1 year old gloss coat that was having some performance problems. JustJesus had sent me a sample of Bathe+ and I used it on this car to act as a "booster". Thanks Jesus for the sample. What I did was rinse the car and wash with Reset. Came back with a foam gun with an ounce or two, (this was back in June so I can't recall how much was in the foam gun) and foamed various panels and with a different mitt and went over those panels lightly, rinsing out the mitt often to flush it out just in case there was still some loose dirt. This added some significant beading which was very noticeable back to the paint. At this point I purchased a larger bottle.

The other car has Gyeon CanCoat which at the time was 4.5 months (now at 5 months) and I noticed some of the performance was a little lack luster on the trunk lid. So I brought out bathe+. This time I gave it a normal wash with it and there was no significant change in beading or sheeting. Until I came back by putting some on the mitt which made a difference and added some decent hydrophobic properties to the paint that was lack luster.

Bathe+ is not a high suds producing shampoo. Would I use it all the time? Nope. But I would every now and then as a maintenance wash if I chose to add some protection.

I have tried two different methods and both times it has worked.

11. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is turning into a legendary thread Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

I don't do traditional 2BM washes, but is this possibly a case where more is not better?

Poorboy's Spray & Wipe is a waterless wash that works best when used very sparingly. Likewise, if you over apply something like Collinite 915 or 476 you end up with cement on your paint and a poor user experience.

Not trying to "poke the bear" here Eldorado, but perhaps using the product as intended (i.e. recommended dilution ratio) MAY have been better.

No rebuttal needed. Just an observation.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Rebuttal coming in 3...2...1 🤡

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast