autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some inital thoughts on Carpro new Clear Cut Compound

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    CarPro shared this video on their facebook page.

The text for the post

Just when you thought the new #carpro #clearcut had enough cutting , then you see this.. Clearcut on 600p grit sanding , used Immolube as sanding lubricant , Festool DA . Fast cutting enough for you guys?

I saw that video today! TBH yes its cool that it removes 600 grit but it's also unimpressive to me for the simple fact the he had to work that little area for ever and on top of it reload with more compound. Did it cut it? Sure but in a real world situation that's so impractical.

I have done some more side by side testing with clear cut on really heavy defects it doesn't cut any faster than M100. The black Escalade ESV I just did I tried clear cut with a Boss microfiber cutting pad on my g21 and M100 with the same setup. M100 started cutting immediately where clearcut I had to work with lighter pressure and increase as I went. Unfortunately for me the more I use it the more I am realizing it may not be for me. Yes you may be able to use it in one step but the time it takes to go through all the steps with light pressure and adjusting speeds just isn't worth it to me. I like to just get to cutting and be done. No fuss no muss.

It dusts just as much as m100. And with M100 I can apply it and it starts cutting right away with no need to adjust pressure etc to get it to work. And M100 is far cheaper. I will give clear cut another test this coming week on a Metallic Black Audi RS7 and see how it goes.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

2. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe M100 is cutting more, its alot weaker than M101 at lest when using Rupes and microdiber pad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPe8QzQBonA/

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    I cant believe M100 is cutting more, its alot weaker than M101 at lest when using Rupes and microdiber pad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPe8QzQBonA/
    I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Just stating my experiences so far. I have easily removed 1500 grit sanding marks with m100. Not saying that clearcut doesn't cut. It definitely cuts. But I will never need to try polishing 1000 grit. Take that out of the equation and they both dust, both have good working time, both have good wipe off. But m100 is more cost effective.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

6. Thanks Audios S6 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    Just stating my experiences so far. I have easily removed 1500 grit sanding marks with m100. Not saying that clearcut doesn't cut. It definitely cuts. But I will never need to try polishing 1000 grit. Take that out of the equation and they both dust, both have good working time, both have good wipe off. But m100 is more cost effective.

Thanks for all of the updates Justin. I'm on my 5th gallon of M100 and I completely agree that it's more cost effective and it's about as easy to use and as straightforward as compounds get. Do we know yet what the abrasive technology used in Clearcut compound is? Fixer started of aggressive but used diminishing abrasive and broke down very quickly. Carpro says that Clearcut doesn't initially cut much but after the first few passes the abrasives start to engage and cut aggressively? That's obviously not a diminishing abrasive right?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

M100 is alot like M85, M95, more for the budget oriented who don’t want maximum performance but happy with decent results.

9. Likes Joel1979 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I Would like to see if this Ccc is any faster than M101 or even FG400. Menzerna 300 cuts more than M101 but finish is terrible. I hope ill get some S2 black soon.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I Would like to see if this Ccc is any faster than M101 or even FG400. Menzerna 300 cuts more than M101 but finish is terrible. I hope ill get some S2 black soon.
    I’m using S2 Orange and the new Scholls Ecofix range and loving it. I also want S1 Signature Series and S2 Black when its available. I have done side by side tests with S2 Orange and SHC300 on a few cars and S2 beats 300 in defect removal everytime on coarse foam pads. 300 prefers mf and wool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I’m using S2 Orange and the new Scholls Ecofix range and loving it. I also want S1 Signature Series and S2 Black when its available. I have done side by side tests with S2 Orange and SHC300 on a few cars and S2 beats 300 in defect removal everytime on coarse foam pads. 300 prefers mf and wool
    I have only tried S2 with mf and its not anything special. S3 XXL is too greasy with microfiber, i hope that S2 black isnt. I never compound with foam, i use mf and wool 99% for compounding. Foam only for 1 steps and finishing.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only tried S2 with mf and its not anything special. S3 XXL is too greasy with microfiber, i hope that S2 black isnt. I never compound with foam, i use mf and wool 99% for compounding. Foam only for 1 steps and finishing.
    I’m the opposite, I use foam 99% of the time as I find modern foams cut for me better than mf or wool. I’ve moved on from Menzerna and Meguiars to Scholl Concepts Ecofix and CarPro exclusively and thats cut down my correction times significantly.
    I still have around 20 liters of Menzerna and a few M101’s that I need to finish up though. Oh yes quite abit of Rupes compounds patiently waiting their turn.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast