autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

Thank you Meghan for sending this out to me for review.

Products: Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

Price: $22.99

Quantity: 16 oz

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is a uniquely specialized formula that, when added to any car wash soap will instantly transform it into a foaming car wash! Using a highly concentrated blend of lubricating agents and advanced polymers, BLACKFIRE Foam Booster enhances the cleaning power of your car soap for an overall safer washing experience. Foam is what makes the car wash perform and with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, you’ll never experience a foam shortage again!

One of the biggest things that make a car wash successful is the amount of foam produced. Foam creates a sort of barrier between your car’s surface and any dirt and debris, safely removing them before they can scratch or mar the surface.
    BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is a foaming agent that will enhance any car soap and give it the perfect amount of suds.

After adding BLACKFIRE Foam Booster to the car wash solution in your Foam Gun, you are ready to coat your car in mountains of foam! Regardless of whether or not your car wash was foaming already or not, after BLACKFIRE Foam Booster it will be!

Contrary to popular belief, not all car soap is created equal. There are wash and wax formulas that leave a layer of protection, ultra-cleaning formulas that strip away any surface protection, and so on and so forth. How many times have you found a shampoo that you love only to find out it doesn’t perform quite as well when used with a foam gun or foam cannon? With BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, that doesn’t have to ever happen again!

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is not a car wash in itself. It is simply a foaming agent that will enhance the car wash that it’s added to!
    Even if the car wash you already have sitting in your garage isn’t a “foaming” wash, after a quick doctoring with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, it will be!

Keep every car wash you perform a safe car wash with BLACKFIRE Foam Booster!

Directions for use: To transform any standard car wash into a foaming shampoo, simply add Foam Booster to your car wash bottle or to the car wash shampoo already in your foam cannon, foam gun, or wash bucket for an increased amount of suds produced. BLACKFIRE Foam Booster is extremely concentrated – a little goes a long way!
    Prior to this coming out there was no product description other than it makes any car shampoo a foaming car shampoo.

I decided to use this on my personal car hoping there was no polymers in it as I am currently testing Sonax CC36 ceramic coating and I don’t want anything to get in the way of my control area on it. Lo and behold the product description page states it contains polymers. I hope they are just there for lubricity rather than staying behind.

It comes in a squeeze bottle. Similar to the microfiber towel cleaners.

Dilutions are listed on the rear of the bottle. As stated on the directions it can be used in a bucket or straight into the bottle of one’s favorite shampoo.

The shampoo I decided to use was CarPro Reset. I use this as my main soap for my personal cars that have some sort of coating on them. Reset foams pretty well on it’s own and has good lubricity as well. I also added Reset into my foam gun with some Blackfire Foam Booster.

I added 2 oz’s into my bucket with Reset. It created suds as I was mixing it by hand in the bucket. More than usual. The Foam booster is thick and I could feel it in the bucket as I was swirling my hand around to mix it all up. I recommend mixing it pretty well.

It did create some nice suds in the bucket.

The directions on the label did not state that it could be used in a foam gun or foam cannon. So I was not sure prior to the product being released and reading the product description. I foamed the car and sure enough it produced a lot of foam. This is with the max setting on the foam gun.

Foam on the rear spoiler.

After a few minutes the foam started to run off the paint. Coated paint is nice as nothing really sticks to it..

I proceeded to wash the paint with a bucket wash and there was still suds in the bucket at the end of the wash process.

This was the second time I used the foam booster. The first time was with Rupes M101 and that shampoo is not designed to foam. The foam booster increased the foam in that and the lubricity.

Final thoughts:

The foam booster has lived up to it’s name in creating foam with any shampoo. Well at least the two I used it with. I am confident that it will do the same to other shampoo’s.

It did add some lubricity to the shampoo. I believe this is due to the polymers within it. I am not sure if the polymers linger around and are left on the paint. It did rinse clean ans as far as I know it didn’t affect the LSP that is currently on the paint.

The only complaint I have is that the product is on the thick side and it's takes a little effort to squeeze the bottle to come up to the measuring cup.

For those that like foam this would be the product to try.

I can not comment on how it works with a foam cannon. A foam gun has it's limitations and the foam won't stick like it does with a cannon. But the foam gun adds some fun to the wash process.

Note: Foam gun used.

2. Thanks atgonzales, JustJesus, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes atgonzales, Angus, 4u2nvinmtl, ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

Quik question: The directions seem to indicate that 2oz. should be added into a full gallon of undiluted car wash soap, or am I wrong?

You added 2oz. into the wash bucket with what I'm guessing was around 1.5oz. of car soap + 3 gallons of water? Wouldn't that be way too much of the Blackfire Foam Booster?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

PBMG - My OCD eye caught a typo that you may want to fix... Warnings 1 and 2 both say "May cause eye irritation"

LOL, I know I know, who reads the warnings haha Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VETLAG View Post
    PBMG - My OCD eye caught a typo that you may want to fix... Warnings 1 and 2 both say "May cause eye irritation"

LOL, I know I know, who reads the warnings haha Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

Well that's because you have 2 eyes, and they're warning each of them. Lol. Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

6. Likes Diner, rangerbay, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Well that's because you have 2 eyes, and they're warning each of them. Lol. Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster
    Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam BoosterWell shoot, now I feel like an idiot! Lmao

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming here that's a little bottle of SLES?? Sodium laureth sulfate - or am I an ASS?

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam BoosterWell shoot, now I feel like an idiot! Lmao

I don't know why, but I'm thinking of the 3 Stooges, when Moe would block the 2 finger eye poke from Curly... Incorporating that into the warning label, it should read: PREVENTION - Hold your hand vertically along your face, in order to block incoming mounds of suds from blinding you. Lol. Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam BoosterReview - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why, but I'm thinking of the 3 Stooges, when Moe would block the 2 finger eye poke from Curly... Incorporating that into the warning label, it should read: PREVENTION - Hold your hand vertically along your face, in order to block incoming mounds of suds from blinding you. Lol. Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam BoosterReview - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster
    🤣haha, awesome idea. If they use it you can demand products as your royalties lol

Post Thanks / Like

🤣haha, awesome idea. If they use it you can demand products as your royalties lol

Screenshot my post for backup, just in case they try it... I'll make you a partner @40% Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Screenshot my post for backup, just in case they try it... I'll make you a partner @40% Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster lol.
    🤜🤛 deal!

13. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast