autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Compound, Polish, Advanced Pad Conditioner

Nice reviews Guz!!! Right on!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

2. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Compound, Polish, Advanced Pad Conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks. A local member sent me a sample of some jescar compound but I have not used it yet. I took a look at the compounds side by side. Jescar is thicker and has a slight scent. Blackfire Compound has no scent and is much thinner. It is slightly thinner than Sonax Cut Max.
    As always, great review Guz.

No scent, dust, plus long work time is a win in my book. Looking forward to pricing on the updated Blackfire line.

What are your thoughts on pad conditioners? I’m on the fence if they’re worth it or not vs simply priming your pad with the polish or compound instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Nice reviews Guz!!! Right on!
    Thanks. I see you got great results as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    As always, great review Guz.

No scent, dust, plus long work time is a win in my book. Looking forward to pricing on the updated Blackfire line.

What are your thoughts on pad conditioners? I’m on the fence if they’re worth it or not vs simply priming your pad with the polish or compound instead.
    Thanks.

I am not sold 100% on the pad conditioner. I think what this did was prevent the product from dusting as much by keeping the polish wet. Although I did use one pad per panel so that also played into this. I could see it helping with pad priming and those that don't have many pads to cycle through to extend the life of their pads.

For folks like you and I that probably have more than enough pads, I could see this as completely optional. That's just my personal opinion. I would say try it out and see if you like it

5. Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Mike. I have always been very fond of the older BF polish. Definitely in my top 3 finishing polishes.

7. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Nice review Mike. I have always been very fond of the older BF polish. Definitely in my top 3 finishing polishes.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for doing the reviews, the Compound and Polish are completely different than anything we have had before. Mike and Bobby tested out a lot of formulas before we settled on these two.

10. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Guz !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

12. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Guz!

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    IME Blackfire SRC Compound formula was basically a more user friendly version of FG400. Although SRC Compound did not have as much cut, it utilized more oils and lubricants which increased the ease of use and the buffing cycle compared to FG400. I also think it was a better 1-step compound than FG400.

From what I understand the new Blackfire compound doesn't smell of solvents like FG400 and Blackfire SRC Compound which leads me to believe it's a similar formula to the newish Jescar Compound. It would also make sense to have Jescar make the new blackfire abrasives since they are located in America. Just a thought!
    While I've never used FG400, I've been using SRC Compound for several years now. Based on what I've read and the way I've seen FG400 used here, I don't know if it is as aggressive. The Autopia polish chart has it on the lighter end of the compounds, almost a swirl remover.

I used SRC Compound on a white pad as a one step with hard, black, VW paint and it finished nearly perfect. Several times I went straight to the LSP with it, but I could see a *slight* difference after using a finishing polish.

I too would be curious to see how these new products stand up to the Jescar line.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

14. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Thank you for doing the reviews, the Compound and Polish are completely different than anything we have had before. Mike and Bobby tested out a lot of formulas before we settled on these two.
    No problem. Thanks again for sending these out to me. Since Mike and Bobby are satisfied then the rest of us forum members will be. I know I am satisfied with the performance of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Guz !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the review Guz!
    Thanks guys.

16. Likes Meghan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Guz.
    Car looks good, too

18. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast