autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Another combo review: jescar micro finishing polish, ONR and LC thinpros

Took another job today for a friend and thought I'd share my experiences.

First, ONR. Admittedly my outdated knowledge had me skeptical of this stuff at best. I figured there's no way it really works THAT well. My god was I wrong. I used it on my heavily dusted/slightly dirty truck last night and got around it in around 45min including doing wheels/tires separately. Used a 2gal pump sprayer with 1:256 as pre soak and then mf mitt and mop with 1:256 in a bucket with grit guard, floored by the ease and results.

Today, the car I worked was way more hammered than I expected. Same process as above with some CG nonsense for heavier contaminants and man did this stuff do a job. I'm now hooked and totally thrilled that I don't really have to stop detailing in the winter.

Next, the jescar micro polish. I got an 8oz each of the micro polish and compound to complete my lineup with the top finish glaze and power lock, mainly to compare MFP to 205. Color me impressed. The stuff finished down so quick and so nice while really eating up scratches even on my mt300 with 5.5" orange thinpro, but perhaps more impressive was it's ability to take out door handle cup scratches (woman's car) on a mf towel by hand. No strong smell, cool purple color, stuff just works great. If the polish can get out the scratches and scuffs I took out today, I can't imagine what the compound can do.

Lastly, the LC thinpros. Man what a great pad for the lower power machine. Mike P, you should really only sell the mt300s with these pads. I'll keep the 6.5 ccs for lsp work but it's a crime to use anything else but maybe the megs discs on this machine.

The mt300 had no issue spinning the thinpro even with significant pressure (specifically to try and get it to stall), unlike even the 5.5 flat pads. I got 3.5 thin pros that I didn't try yet but I imagine I'll be just as impressed. Applied mckees 360 with a white flat, and 2 white thinpros over the whole vehicle and what a finish I was able to get.

All in all I'm starting to get more dialed with great products from AG/PBMG and am having a lot of fun getting back into the groove. Now with the work piling up via word of mouth it'll be time for maybe a 21mm machine and a pad washer at the rate things are going!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

2. Thanks steelwindmachine thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another combo review: jescar micro finishing polish, ONR and LC thinpros

Bonus review: Jescar Top Finish machine glaze (aka menz PO115c). My father has a black SL550 that got hit with a bunch of water spots from a sprinkler. They sat for so long they etched into the clear and looked awful.

Initial readings on the hood fenders and trunk with my cheapo amazon paint meter showed between 7 and 8 mils, factory paint to the best of our knowledge.

Detail spray, rinseless wash and clay bar obviously didn't do the trick, so I went to an orange thin pro pad and the Jescar TFG on both the mt300 and the gg3. The results were nothing short of outstanding. Great work time, diminished and went from creamy white to clear after 2-3 section passes at 4800-5000 opm on the mt300 and speed 6 on the gg3. There were still some pre existing heavier swirls after but it took about 1mil of clear off and totally removed the water spots. Filling properties were there for sure, but what a great finish it left behind. I'll be interested to see if this can be followed with power lock or not because it would make for one hell of a combo for a more intensive finish restoration than the typical daily driver AIO but without the fuss of a full correction and coat.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

4. Likes steelwindmachine liked this post