1st of all: Big thanks to Megan for giving me a chance to try this new product out.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-d16...shing-wax.html

...So it didn't take long for the perfect candidate in need for a detail to present itself. Mercedes Benz with jet black paint.

Car was super dirty...

Lets begin the decon process.

Paint bled pretty good..

After a thorough wash with Carpro Reset, I clayed the car with a Med. Grade Nanoskin Mitt and this is what we're dealing with. Swirl City.

The sun came out just as I had finished up with all my prep work... It's crazy how hot it gets in just a couple of min. of direct sun.

No biggie... Moved the car into the shade and it was ready to begin in the time it took for me to lay some tape down the middle of the hood for my 50/50 shot. Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review

I decided to go with a 5" Meguiars Thin Foam Cutting Pad on the G21 [no washer mod] Here's my initial application to the pad. The scent of this stuff seems like a hint of Carpro Reload, but not quite as strong and offensive like Reload smells... It's definitely not grape or raspberrys though.

I polished on speed 4.5 with light/moderate pressure, normL buffing cycle [meaning 3-4 left to right overlapping passes, then 3-4 up/down passes, and another set of left to right passes per section] My buffing cycle is about as normL as you can possibly imagine, you'll get no crazy 3-4 min. polishing cycles out of me. Aint got no time for that! Lol.

It's ready to wipe off.

Wipe off is Super easy... I moved the car back into the sun to check the results... My initial impression is holy heck yea! This stuff is pretty damn sweet! ...Man it knocked out those swirls over 90% with very little effort.

Lookin good!

Check out the before...

The swirls on the hood and trunklid were the far worse than the vertical panels of the car, so I switched to Megs polishing pad for the vertical sides. I tried using a LC Orange Foam Flat Pad for the trunklid. Results were equally great, but I did get some dusting when I paired it with that pad on the trunk.

Final thoughts after 1st go round with this product: It definitely works as described, meaning it sort of reminds you of D151 but I can see how this 1 can provide more punch power in comparison. In the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if there's any filling going on... But that thought crosses the mind with all AIO's so it's not a big deal. Longevity is emphasized as being a major plus to this product, and if it lives up past the lackluster longevity of currently available AIO's it'll truly be a cut above the rest.

2 big thumbs up after my 1st experience with D166. Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review

Thanks for reading, and thanks AG. Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review