autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That was fast...

So, I take it that this is ONLY about products one buys at Autogeek and not about auto detailing products in general?

If so I understand, after all it's owned and operated by Autogeek. It may be beneficial to have an area for products in general to post up about in case it works well and Autogeek may think about carrying that product or line of products.

I just put up a post about a compound glaze and bam it was not only closed but seems totally removed. People always ask me, "Hey Anthony, how come you never post up on forums anymore?" My reply is usually..."I get into trouble and banned pretty quick!"

Well, I meant no harm, just wanted to share a detailing product I felt would benefit detailers.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Re: That was fast...

They do have a forum for that, it's autopia.org
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Autogeek keeps it pretty tight to the products they carry. The sister site is much more open to outside products and links.

If I remember right, they don't Delete your post, they just move it to a moderator only section of the forum. Ok, so it's as good as deleted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Umm, ya...I've been banned!

OK, maybe not but I can't log in over there for some reason. In fact I may hold the record, time wise for being banned, then unbanned and re-banned in 60 seconds!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Are Autopia and Autogeek related?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, PBMG bought autopia a few years back.

So you can discuss products on this forum sold at autopia like I have done with Polish Angel products, and you can link to them on this forum

Polish Angel Car Care Products

You just can't discuss products or link to products on this forum that are not sold at the AG store or autopia:

http://www.autogeek.net/

You can post whatever you want on the autopia forum.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

There has to be a fair and balanced business environment on this forum.

This forum teaches a lot of people - is it fair for a company with zero invested into building the reach of this forum to simply pop-up and start promoting their products?

Is it fair to the "actual" vendors if autogeek.com to have competitors simply pop-up and promote their products?

AND - if you let one person do it you set a precedent to let all do it.

Anyone that dad started their own business knows Competition is tough and there has to be at a minimum I'm some form of reasonableness.

Common sense?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco View Post
    Umm, ya...I've been banned!

OK, maybe not but I can't log in over there for some reason. In fact I may hold the record, time wise for being banned, then unbanned and re-banned in 60 seconds!

I've left work due to the incoming hurricane so I can't speed type to deal with any log on issues so please be patient.

But just to note - we never ban anyone. A person bans them self by breaking the forum rules.

The problem is most people don't bother to locate and read the forum rules, they just "assume" and then start posting.

Post Thanks / Like

One other plug, in addition to Mike's info (I can tell he's got the big Chevy Truck pedal to the metal tying to answer posts and escape a hurricane), is you can promote your own detailing business (just not if you're selling products) on the forum. Meaning, as you look at most peoples posts, notice their signature block or avatar or both.

Other forums would never allow that unless you paid for sponsorship. On the other hand, if you detail, Mike encourages you to have your username = to your detail business or use your real name, and AGO gave larger Avatar blocks and signature blocks to put the detailing business name. Like I said, most other forums would not allow or charge for that.

Go AGO!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I've left work due to the incoming hurricane so I can't speed type to deal with any log on issues so please be patient.

But just to note - we never ban anyone. A person bans them self by breaking the forum rules.

The problem is most people don't bother to locate and read the forum rules, they just "assume" and then start posting.

My banning took place long before Autogeek took over Autopia, when David ran it. My numerous bans though go across many forums...it's ok though cause I am a very mean and ugly person

It's all good Mike, be safe in this storm and I pray ya'll ride safely through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast