autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees37 Leather Shampoo 70/30 and Leather Guard UV50 Review

When Nick at McKees37 told me that they were releasing two new interior products for leather I was pretty excited. I have extremely impressed with just about every McKees37 product I have used so far. The products are reasonably priced and get the job done.

I have a 2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited that has a light colored tan leather interior. The interior gets very hot especially when I have the Freedom Tops off. The prior owner did an “ok” job of protecting the leather seats but the drives side bolster area has a ton of wear from improper care and sun damage. I gave the interior and seats a pretty extensive steam clean when I purchased the car about 6 months ago but I was looking for something to protect the seats from any more sun damage. So when the McKees37 Leather Shampoo 70/30 and Leather Guard UV 50 were released I figured I would give them a try on the seats.

I started with the Leather Shampoo 70/30 and sprayed the seats liberally and worked the product in with a boars hair interior brush. The Leather Shampoo super easy to work with and the only thing I noticed was that I didn’t get as much foaming as Joe did in his video. This could have possibly been due to the brush that I was using. The product was super easy to remove with a micro fiber towel and there was no residue left behind. I did not get a ton of dirt from the seats probably because I had recently steam cleaned them. The seats had a really nice soft “silky” feel to them and the scent was perfect with a mild leather aroma that was not overpowering.
    I then applied the Leather Guard UV50 to the seats with a foam applicator pad. I spritzed the applicator with one or two sprays and wiped it on the seats. Application was super easy and a little went a very long way. My bottle will last a very long time and for $19.99 it’s so much more economical then standard leather conditioner that may not offer UV protection.

I was so happy with the way that my seats came out that I used both the Leather Shampoo and the Leather Guard on my leather steering wheel. My interior has this incredible silky feel to it with a great leather scent. I am very happy with both products and would high recommend them. Two more winners from McKees37 !!!!

McKees37 Leather Shampoo 70/30 and Leather Guard UV50 Review-tn_img_2688-jpg

McKees37 Leather Shampoo 70/30 and Leather Guard UV50 Review-tn_img_2692-jpg

Immediately after application of Leather Guard UV50. I wiped down the seats with a MF towel which toned down the "glossiness" a bit
    McKees37 Leather Shampoo 70/30 and Leather Guard UV50 Review-tn_img_2689-jpg

Passenger seat. These is some light color on the seat but that is a reflection from the interior light.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKees37 Leather Shampoo 70/30 and Leather Guard UV50 Review

Cool. So no rinse, just dry w/micro?

I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Pat! Your leather came out looking like new.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Cool. So no rinse, just dry w/micro?

I'm in.
    Exactly !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Pat and I love this stuff too. I had a customer specifically ask for special attention on the leather seats on both his F350 and Explorer and was really happy with how they came out using those two products. The 70/30 smells perfect (light leather scent) and cleaned the dirty seats really well without streaking on black leather. I have the before/after pictures at home but it was on these two trucks. I wasn't the biggest fan of the McKee's 37 Leather Lotion, so it's good to see they came out with something better for interiors.