autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 mini-rant

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post
    Haha. Sorry bud but definitely not featured in there films.
    Apologies then! I thought you were the guy in the video!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Seriously ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So preparation h, should say:

Do not ingest
    Do not use on fingers
    Do not use on toes
    Do not use on eyes
    Do not use on ears
    Don't let your dog eat it
    Don't let your cat eat it
    Do not use on the trim of your car
    Do not use on your motor cycle seat

Etc
    Etc
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Do not use as shampoo
    Do not use in your milkshakes

Post Thanks / Like

This was an interesting read! Anyway I'm gonna slap another coat of Max Wax in the white tub on my car now......breaks over!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    So where does it say DO NOT USE ON TIRES OR GLASS OR SEATS exactly?
    Do you use paint coating on tires? Do you use paint coating on seats? As for glass, I coat the glass as well as the plastic and the paint so I expect it to work there too.

5. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want anything Nick. What I did not want was a lack of respect in all of your answers. Instead of answering 'we never told you to use it on plastic', you should have said something along the line of 'even though you will want to prep the glass and plastic for the coating of the whole vehicle, this product was designed specifically for paint. Since the instructions mentions only SURFACES I can see where some confusion could have occured and I will talk to the design team to change the label on future prints'.

Something like that would have been a lot more appropriate than the infered notion that I was an idiot for not understanding this product was for paint only.

Then coming back and adding oil to the fire by saying I was here to cause trouble. That's not trying to help me or anyone else.

I have been on this site for about 5 years, in the 2000+ messages I have posted, a lot were to gain knowledge and a lot were to help others out. I am not here to cause trouble, and I am very offended by the very notion. I have defended Autogeek a few times when people had issues, but for the first time I am the one with issues and don't appreciate the treatment you have given me. A lot of people here agree with you, and they should not. This is very bad customer support.

Anyway, this is the last I will post on this. I have learned my lesson and will move on. Just sad that it turned that way.

7. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Do you use paint coating on tires? Do you use paint coating on seats? As for glass, I coat the glass as well as the plastic and the paint so I expect it to work there too.
    Right, but this product coincides with McKee's 37 PAINT coating. Even if I was coating plastic, too(with another product), I would have never thought to use it on plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

What about glass?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
    Sorry I could not help it so I'm going to be a rebel on this one. Regardless of the "outcome" or everyone's opinions on this mini rant, these responses are not the right way to handle a customer's criticism (whether legit or not) from McKee's 37 product support team.

Unrelated matter, I've been tempting to purchase Hyper dressing. Thanks Eldorado2K you convinced me!
    You have a strong sense of entitlement.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno man. I skimmed this thread & am gonna post my 2˘ just cuz I like to start trouble...

1. I've never used this product - but have used the Pinnacle version quite often. Now, I'm going to go out on a limb and make an assumption (remember, I like to start trouble)... I'm guessing they are similar? And for me, the Pinnacle stuff didn't stain trim... Off course, I cleaned it off immediately when I got like the first dot of polish on the trim. Any easy tip is to dress the trim first if you are not sure. The dressing will provide some protection to the trim and make cleaning any polish off it easier.

2. Always assume anything can mess up anything - unless you are experienced with the product & particular surface. So, to me - this means either protecting trim or cleaning any little dot of polish off immediately if you not familiar with how it will affect this particular trim. Even when I'm using a new product as the instructions state - it's a new product to me, so I always assume it could be garbage and could mess something up. So, I go slow and check until I'm confident the product won't give me a whole car headache (which is a lot worse than an isolated tiny surface area headache).

3. I know products can be used off label. But you have to understand, it should be a last ditch attempt and if it goes bad you have nobody to blame but yourself. Of course, if you have used a product in such a manner in the past and were happy with the results - you likely will be fine. It's like using a wheel cleaner designed for factory painted wheels on your aftermarket wheels, getting stains from it, then calling said product junk...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the Mckees prep polish and coating for the first time this weekend and I have to say, I did not "use" it on plastic but given the fact that plastic is next to paint I got some on the plastics. I didn't worry about it at first since the product is intended to remove waxes, oils etc it didn't cross my mind it would stain the plastic and my first thought was it seems like they would've mentioned to make sure and not get it on plastics since it will stain them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast