autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 mini-rant

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Right but does it play nice with the m37 coating? For example eraser doesn't play nice because the lubricating agents in eraser cause the m37 coating to not bond properly. Just wondering if it's a similar issue with the pbl polish.
    At the paint prep dilution ratio, just use McKee's N-914

Post Thanks / Like

I found that the m37 paint cleaner stained trim back when I did their coating too. Kind of sucks to have to tape trim off now days. I tend to trash products that stain. Not sure how important using this product is when you can't even get the product right next to the trim, or have tape residue left that you have to use ipa to clean off because you had to protect the trim from the cleaner product that is recommended. As a result, I've been using an ipa wipedown on later applications. Easier to use, costs less, and the coating bonds fine.

As for coating durability. I got a year and a couple months with the only upkeep being washes with megs soaps, yes that was with their prep polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is he wanted to use it so he couldn't be blamed later for NOT using it before the coating when it doesn't last the 2 years. It will bead after your two year wash as long as you are using the spray detailer or fast wax. Cause those products are doing the beading. Protect the coating

Every one of these coatings no matter what brand someone jumps in and claims it's user error and or prep. Saw one where M205 was embedded in the paint or something even after eraser wipes and couldn't allow the coating to last it's claimed time in California. lol it's just blind claims these companies make up

"Up to " is their favorite duration so anywhere from tomorrow to x years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    At the paint prep dilution ratio, just use McKee's N-914
    You must use several MF towels at this dilution. It tends to streak if the MF towel is too full of moisture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post
    The 1 year mention in the video is incorrect ("typo" if you will). Coating Prep Polish is designed for paint. Where does it say on the bottle or the website about using it on plastic?

Have you tried the products for their intended application yet??
    Why would you be surprised that the product isn't meeting your expectations if you aren't following the directions?

It's a polish, for paint. We have a dedicated cleaner for trim - Wax Remover For Plastic.

Our rinseless wash, N-914, can be used as a prep spray for all exterior surfaces. It doesn't, however, deep clean paint like the Coating Prep Polish does.

It it almost seems like your questions are rhetorical? Are you genuinely seeking advice or are you here simply to point out that a product doesn't work for an application that it's not even designed for?
    Sorry I could not help it so I'm going to be a rebel on this one. Regardless of the "outcome" or everyone's opinions on this mini rant, these responses are not the right way to handle a customer's criticism (whether legit or not) from McKee's 37 product support team.

Unrelated matter, I've been tempting to purchase Hyper dressing. Thanks Eldorado2K you convinced me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don't mean to hijack your thread so I hope you're cool with me posting my test results real quik.

Didn't stain it either...

I guess Hyper Dressing [even though I haven't applied it in well over a month is protecting my rubber from any harm

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
    Sorry I could not help it so I'm going to be a rebel on this one. Regardless of the "outcome" or everyone's opinions on this mini rant, these responses are not the right way to handle a customer's criticism (whether legit or not) from McKee's 37 product support team.
    I agree with you 100% that everyone has opinions. My job is to provide a solution to a problem, whether that problem is actually real or not.

It generally goes like this:

Customer presents a problem. ======> Manufacturer offers a solution.

This is a summary of the problems and solutions presented in this thread:

Problem 1:

The paint coating only lasts a year as presented in the video featuring Mike Phillips and myself.

The Solution:

That mention is incorrect, the longevity is actually rated at 2 years.

Problem 2:

Coating Prep Polish stains plastic trim.

The Solution:

Coating Prep Polish is not designed for plastic trim. The following products are (dot dot dot).

-----------

In my experience, people post on car care forums for 1 of 3 reasons:

1. To learn about car care.
    2. To help others learn about car care.
    3. To cause trouble.

Make sense?

This post sums it up:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    this is one of the "silliest" threads ive ever seen on AGO. if you have a product that already does what you want it to do, just use that. seems a little easier than asking the manufacturer or someone else to justify you buying a product. certain product lines have specialized products that are formulated for very specific purposes so that people can easily reach for what they want to do(clean trim, clean an interior, etc.) and they don't run into any surprises. It's the preferred method for some.

there are even prescription drugs that have off label uses. once you go off label you lose the right to complain about it working for whatever you're using it for. that should be common sense.
    I've been working in customer service for the last 7 years. If there's one thing I've learned over the course of those 7 years, it's that you absolutely cannot please everyone. My goal is to please the majority of folk (the 99%) that are open to the solutions that I provide to their problems.

Regarding Hyper Dressing, I agree with Eldorado2k that it is a top-notch trim protectant that is also very economical. I would encourage you to pick up a gallon with your next order from Autogeek.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so you are blaming mckees because you didn't read the directions and you heard some hearsay on youtube?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Ok so you are blaming mckees because you didn't read the directions and you heard some hearsay on youtube?
    LOL.... hearsay from an official video from McKee's... That's a good one, just made my day!

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, people post on car care forums for 1 of 3 reasons:

1. To learn about car care.
    2. To help others learn about car care.
    3. To cause trouble.

I find it really funny that my concerns about this product is viewed as wanting to cause trouble. Sharing information about products is what everyone is doing here. Most of the time it's to praise the products, but sometimes it's to point out a serious weakness. Seems like no one cares this product is staining trims. So in the future if I come across a serious problem I will keep it to myself. You can all learn on your own when products have issues, I don't need the idiotic comments.

Oh and by the way, you say I did not follow directions... well here they are directly from your website:

Directions:

1. Ensure surface is cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
    2. Hand Application: Apply a dime-sized amount of product directly onto terry cloth or foam pad. Thoroughly work the product into the surface and remove residue with a microfiber towel.
    3. Machine Application: Set polisher to a medium speed setting and apply a nickel-sized amount of product with a foam polishing pad. Thoroughly work the product into the surface and remove residue with a microfiber towel.

So tell me, Nick, where does it say DO NOT USE ON TRIM OR PLASTIC exactly?

10. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Seems like no one cares this product is staining trims.
    Not true. I wouldn't buy the product for this reason. However, I do not think there was a need to "rant" about the problem. It's the tone of the thread.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast