autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review

I’ve never been a fan of carnauba pastes. Meguiar’s M21, 3M Synthetic Wax and Autofinesse Power Seal have been my choices the last years; since of all of them last more than three months, their application is relatively easy, and my previous experiences with bulky paste waxes aren’t good, I never tried another carnauba wax.

However, last month, I received Mckees’s 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax from Nick Rutter. Also, last week, after a heavy rain, I had some serious contamination issues that involved old debris and dirt; since it haven’t rain in about 3 months (I live in a dessert area), I believe contamination accumulated in my house's roof and landed in my car in the horizontal surfaces, you can see the nasty stains in the following picture:

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3203-jpg

Fortunately, I applied Mckee’s Paint Coating back in February, and the contamination was absorbed by the coating without reaching the clear coat as we we’ll see later. So, this was the perfect scenario to test the gift from Nick.

I began by washing and protecting the wheels like I did in this link with my wife’s SUV. After that, I washed the car using Mckees’s N914 Rinseless Wash at 128:1 dilution (instead of the recommended 256:1). This is the proper dilution for claying, so I proceed with a rinseless wash using this dilution and BEFORE drying the car I made a wipe with a damp towel in this solution (to make sure the surface is clean) and spray this same dilution as lubricant to decontaminate using Mothers Speed Clay 2.0. This way, I save about 30 minutes and the car was clayed and almost ready to receive a coat of wax.

Since the car had several stains, I applied Mckee’s 37 Coating Prep Polish to remove them and, according to Nick Rutter, this product cleans but does not remove the paint coating so I still have some protection. The stains are gone at this point.

I applied a thin coat of wax.

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3227-jpg

Let me tell you that at this point I was surprised, the wax is very easy to apply, a little goes a long way and, according to the instructions you don’t need to wait for the wax to haze, wipe on wipe off. My 10 year old girl helped me to remove the wax, she left some spots but it was ok since I made a final wipe with the 128:1 dilution of N914.

Here are some shots in the shade:

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3230-jpg

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3246-jpg

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3228-jpg

And some shots in the sun:

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3239-jpg

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3243-jpg

Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review-img_3236-jpg

Look at that shine and reflections!

Final thoughts.

There are several things I can say after this process.

Mckee’s paint coating acted as a sacrificial layer to save my clear coat, even if you don’t like paint coatings, having one as a barrier for contaminants is a good practice.

N914 is an excellent product, as you can see I saved some time by using it as rinseless wash at 128:1 clay lubricant dilution. It doesn’t leave anything behind but a clean surface.

Prep Coating Polish from Mckee’s cleans very well, those nasty stains were gone after using it, and I still have the paint coating.

Finally, as I said, I’ve been using synthetic sealants and waxes to obtain at least three months of protection. The thing is that if you’re reading this, you’re probably like me and cannot wait more than a couple of months without doing something to your car; thus, those three months are worth only on the wife's SUV. Given the ease of application (the applicator moves smoothly) and the amazing results (look at those reflections!!!), applying this wax every 4-6 weeks, and then use a spray wax every week or so for maintenance, shouldn’t be a problem. In my experience, synthetic products give you some sort of candy gloss, but they cannot compare with the deep and reflections of a paste wax like this one.

Products used:

• Mckee’s 37 Hydro Blue, for the wheels
    • Mckee’s 37 Rinseless Wash N914, as rinseless wash and clay lubricant
    • Mothers Speed Clay 2.0, as clay substitute
    • Mckee’s 37 Prep Coating Polish, to clean surface
    • Mckee’s 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax, as LSP
    • Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel, for the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review

Your car looks great!

PS I Used it in this Stingray
    2014 Stingray

It's a great wax - among my 3 favorites

ScottH

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Your car looks great!

PS I Used it in this Stingray
    2014 Stingray

It's a great wax - among my 3 favorites

ScottH
    Thanks! You did an outstanding job with the Stingray, as you said it is a great wax, and I barely put a dent on the jar, I believe I can wax my car another 20 times :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albertoaguilar8 View Post
    Thanks! You did an outstanding job with the Stingray, as you said it is a great wax, and I barely put a dent on the jar, I believe I can wax my car another 20 times :-)
    You probably can - no kidding - a little goes a LONG way! Love this wax and I've lost count of how many cars I've done with a single jar.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albertoaguilar8 View Post
    You really think there's only enough to do about 20 cars? I always was able to get 60+ applications out of a jar of DP MaxWax. Wonder if Mckee's Trademark Carnauba is the same formulation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    You really think there's only enough to do about 20 cars? I always was able to get 60+ applications out of a jar of DP MaxWax.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

You really think there's only enough to do about 20 cars? I always was able to get 60+ applications out of a jar of DP MaxWax. Wonder if Mckee's Trademark Carnauba is the same formulation?
    I have about 6 jars of DP Max Wax at home that I bought on BOGO over the years. It's my favorite wax and like you said, I've done well over 20 applications out of 1 jar.

I just assume that Trademark is the same as the old Max Wax. I'd be interested to know if the formula has changed.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Mckee's 37 Trademark Carnauba Paste Wax review

60+? I think I'm being conservative then, regards!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic POP. Looks great.
    2018 Colorado ZR2