autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes UHS topped with Wolfgang Fuzion

I have two liters of Rupes UHS and several UHS pads. It has been a while since I used them because I have been using the HD speed for my go to aio. I decided to pull out the UHS and see if I was missing anything. The Rupes 21 is amazingly smooth, quiet and super efficient. I was working on a Mercedes e550 convertible. I was a bit strapped for time so I focused on the hood and front fenders. I did a quick wipe down followed by a clay bar treatment. I used Sonax clay lube for the first time. I usually use chemical guys clay luber, which I really like. The Sonax smelled good and worked well, very slippery. The car was actually in pretty good nick. I followed up with the UHS. the Mercedes paint was brilliant. It was as smooth as glass. It looked like you could reach in 3 feet. I topped the UHS with Two coats of Wolfgang Fuzion. What a beautiful combo. The Uhs is not as slick as the hd speed. The hd speed it slick as wet ice when finished, the Rupes was super flat and smooth, but definitely not very slick. Once the fuzion was supplied, it was smooth, slick and deep as could be. The Mercedes paint is incredible. It is really so beautiful. The Rupes Uhs treatment, followed up by the fuzion was a great combo. It really looked great. I highly recommend all of the products that I used. Thanks. Phil.

Sonax clay lube
    Rupes Uhs pads and Uhs aio
    Rupes 21
    Wolfgang Fuzion
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rupes UHS topped with Wolfgang  Fuzion-img_3582-jpg   Rupes UHS topped with Wolfgang  Fuzion-img_3583-jpg   Rupes UHS topped with Wolfgang  Fuzion-img_3571-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes UHS topped with Wolfgang Fuzion

You missing a lots of thing not using UHS, HD speed is fake correction and it does fill swril not correcting it, while UHS is a true 1 step correction compound. You can try using Speed and UHS on some severe paint damange and then wipe out with Eraser or strong IPA, and you will find the fact. Me and my detailer friends use to have lots of customers furious back to our shop within a month when all those defect coming back again after a few wash, and once we use UHS it is zero case complain.

As a result From something that fill-in (I dont say it's a filler but it's something in Speed) and it wax, it's sure that speed will feels smooth at finishing compare to UHS that leave no protection behind. But once you apply some quality after UHS polishing, then it's game over, you will have no follow up return complain.

Post Thanks / Like

You can check update compound chart from Autopia, it's test and proved already that speed have only 2 out of 10 cutting ability which is equal to Menzerna 3800, while UHS have cutting ability of 8 out of 10. If you impress with using UHS pad, you can try using UHS with URO fiber, you will get even greater cut and deeper finishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. As you point out, there a many other products for serious paint correction. I use the aio type products when I need a quick pop or when the vehicle just doesn't need lots of cut for correction. The Mercedes shown was in pretty good shape and just didn't need much correction. For quick and easy and pizazz, the hd speed or the Rupes Uhs are just tough to beat. That and polishing is a great form of stress release for me. If I used anything more aggressive I wouldn't have any paint left on my cars�� Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Does the griots garage finishing sealant act more like the us Speed or the Uhs? I haven't used the griots garage yet. I have seen great reports. Thx. Phil

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Valky View Post

You missing a lots of thing not using UHS, HD speed is fake correction and it does fill swril not correcting it, while UHS is a true 1 step correction compound.

I respectfully disagree.

First - UHS is an aggressive compound/polish. It cuts well and finishes out like a polish BUT it's not a ONE-STEP in the sense that it leaves protection behind as it doesn't.

3D HD Speed is a medium cutting one-step cleaner/wax. It contains what I consider top shelf abrasive technology and it does in fact REMOVE PAINT and this means it does in fact offer REAL CORRECTION. I have showcased this one-step cleaner/wax in my last two Competition Ready Detailing Classes and each student is blown away by the results. For my big 3-day classes I always bring in horrible condition daily drivers to teach what I call Production Detailing. This is done on Saturday after we go over Show Car Detailing which starts on the first day --> Friday.

The point being, I don't bring in kind of bad cars to teach production detailing I bring in hacked-up cars to teach production detailing and the reason why is to show just exactly what can be done by a quality one-step cleaner/wax.

So I respectfully disagree as I've used 3D HD Speed multiple times on horrific cars and I know what I see are amazing results - not just filling.

And for the thread starter, the 3D HD Speed could be used AFTER the UHS step which would work like a polishing step only leaving the finish protected. The less aggressive abrasives in the Speed could and would refine the results created my the more aggressive UHS and again the benefit is Speed contains protection ingredients while UHS does not so after wiping off the Speed the paint would be protected and beautiful.

You could then use the Wolfgang Fusion as a topper.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by lj993 View Post

Does the griots garage finishing sealant act more like the us Speed or the Uhs?

Yes.

The Griot's Finishing Sealant won't offer as much cut or correction ability as Speed but they are both what you would categorize as cleaner/waxes or cleaner/sealants depeinding upon what the base of the protection ingredients are.

A cleaner/wax or what some like to refer to as AIOs will

1. Clean/Correct
    2. Polish
    3. Protect

And do all of the above three processes in one step.

Most waxes found at retail stores, like Nu Finish are in fact one-step cleaner/waxes they just don't say

Cleaner Wax

On the front label. I have an article on this topic.

Here's the link to the Griot's Finishing Sealant for more info

Griots Garage BOSS Finishing Sealant

Mike Phillips

Here's two very topical articles to chew through...

How to choose and use a one-step cleaner/wax by Mike Phillips

This one goes deep... real deep... deeper than most people want or need...

The Difference Between a Cleaner/Wax and a Finishing Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike. My family, friends and neighbors just don't understand me. Obsession with cleanliness. I am sure that most everyone in this forum have had similar experiences. �� I love this site. I think that I will go wash my car now. Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, thank you very much for post #6 and making those clarifications.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast