autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed for the win, Again

It was my mother's 86th birthday yesterday. She has a ten year old Cadillac Seville. It is a beautiful candy apple red, except for years of oxidation and tunnel wash micro scratches. The oxidation was so bad you couldn't see the scratches. I thought that I would give her car a quick clean up before dinner and cake. I got one before and after shot. This was taken post wash and clay so you can only image what it looked like before the clay step.

1. Wipe down with wet microfiber
    2. Clay with mequires medium clay and chemical guys clay lubber, I love the clay luber!
    3. AIO HD Speed with orange pad using my Flex 3401, should have used my Rupes 21 and UHS, the car has acres of large flat surfaces.

Photo: Left side was after wipe down clay and four slow passes with HD Speed an orange pad and the flex 3401 on speed 6. The right side was after a quick wipe down and clay.

I ended up up going back over the horizontal surfaces, trunk, roof and hood, a couple of times. Slow hand movement, letting the pad and product do the work. Make a note, be patient, slow hand movement, give the tools, chemicals and lads time to work. Too many people want to swing the polisher back and forth like they are in a ping pong match!

The results were amazing. I wish that I would have had another hour or two of sunlight. I didn't get a chance to really get all of the "detail" stuff done. I will keep an eye on longevity. She keeps the car in the garage and it is rarely driven. I left my phone in the house after the initial photo was taken of the trunk lid, but you get the idea. I could have used all of my rupes chemicals and pads and the results would have been fantastic, however, given my time constraints, I was extremely pleased with the finished product using the HD Speed!

Phil in La Jolla

during our 1 1/2 hour ride home my wife suggested that in between detailing cars for all of our friends and family (all for free) that I take care of a few honey-do projects around the house. She wasn't too subtle and she didn't seem all that happy.......however when I stopped in san Clemente to get a diet Dr Pepper at 7/11, her recently detailed Land Rover LR3 in Tonga Green looked stunning under the parking lot lights! ��

She he does acknowledge that detailing is a nice form of relaxation for me, and it lots more fun than getting ready for trial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD Speed for the win, Again-img_3540-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed for the win, Again

The car looks great!

I just used HD Speed my first time yesterday. I combined my Rupes 21 with the Uro Fiber pads and HD Speed on my Black Sapphire Metallic BMW...it will be my go to combo for most work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Speed is the only AIO I use! Why switch or even try anything else when the results are always spectacular!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    Speed is the only AIO I use! Why switch or even try anything else when the results are always spectacular!!
    Agree 100%. Speed has become a God-send to me for my full size truck. Doing a multi-step would take me a week.

8-9 hours with HD Speed and paint is corrected, and protected. (Although I do top it with my LSP). LOVE this product.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

also consider GG FS for an AIO as well. i believe this gentleman is a member on here...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    also consider GG FS for an AIO as well. i believe this gentleman is a member on here...
    Nice video. This guy actually knows how to use the polisher correctly, so this is a good comparison.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Good video. I would like to have seen him jump to the side he did with speed and hit those remaining scratches with the griots product. As we know,all scratches are not equal,maybe the speed side scratches were a little worse. I do my work outside so I am partial to speed for its ease of use in sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like

The video no has me wondering about the griots garage finishing sealant. Dang. There goes another $20! �� Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Scott may be in Dallas, but that guy's accent is all NY!! Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Scott may be in Dallas, but that guy's accent is all NY!! Lol
    Agreed. Sounds like Stern

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast