autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite correction compound and polish duo?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Blackfire twins - SRC compound and finishing polish.
    This pair gets my vote. I've been using them on hard VW paint with great success.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Jescar is now the importer of Menzerna to the United States. So basically Menzerna will now be known as Jescar.
    They have been since 1978.

Since 1978, Jescar has been the US distributor of Menzerna Polishing Compounds, providing all of the US with the compound and polishing power of the German made products. Jescar wanted to expand on this line of car care by providing unique formulas that were not available through Menzerna Germany, and some of our fan-favorite products were born!

Jescar Power Lock+ Plus, an intensely durable and shining polymer paint sealant, Jescar Color Lock, the warm carnauba glow inducing last step product, and Jescar Paint Refresh, a professional instant detail spray are all produced by Jescar in the US and continue to provide long lasting and durable paint protection and enhancement.

Something also interesting about Jecasr from their website I read is that they are huge in the guitar manufacturing and finishing business.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

Something also interesting about Jecasr from their website I read is that they are huge in the guitar manufacturing and finishing business.
    From another forum....If this is true, it sounds like a guitar blend first.

"Just a note about Jescar:
    They are the USA importer for Menzerna products, but their forte is in guitar frets and finishing of guitars, and many of Menzerna`s automotive compounds and polishes have been "tweeked" (reformulated) for the guitar industry.
    That said, they soon will become the sole importer and distributor of Menzerna products and will sell Menzerna products under the Jescar brand. This is already being done with the sealant (Power Lock) and wax (Color Lock). Seems to me there was a post some time ago about this subject and a Jescar representative assured everyone that the Menzerna products will still be available, although some may be tweeked (reformulated) for the USA market."
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    They have been since 1978.

[B]Since 1978, Jescar products were born!
    That's what I was really trying to say...^ That it's been that way in conjunction with the year I was born. Lol. J/k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    No.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd be a great expert witness.

What are the differences between FG400/SF4500 and the two Jescar products?

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

If I may interject on the guitar polisrthing aspect of what people are saying about Jescar

Guitar frets are not normally polished with compounds or polishes of any type, Jescar or not. They are polished out using files for rough shaping, and then with progressively finer files and sandpaper until about 2000 grit or so.

I can see where Jescar's products (modified Menzerna products) would be used for polishing out gutar bodies either the lacquer or polyester/polyurethane coatings on acoustic or electric guitars. After all, most guitar finishes ware derived from automotive paint. I may be wrong, but the Jescar/Menzerna products are not intended to be used as metal poishes, and guitar fret materials are metal of one type or another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    If I may interject on the guitar polisrthing aspect of what people are saying about Jescar

Guitar frets are not normally polished with compounds or polishes of any type, Jescar or not. They are polished out using files for rough shaping, and then with progressively finer files and sandpaper until about 2000 grit or so.

I can see where Jescar's products (modified Menzerna products) would be used for polishing out gutar bodies either the lacquer or polyester/polyurethane coatings on acoustic or electric guitars. After all, most guitar finishes ware derived from automotive paint. I may be wrong, but the Jescar/Menzerna products are not intended to be used as metal poishes, and guitar fret materials are metal of one type or another.
    The repair tech at one of the stores where I teach, (drums) uses fine grade sand paper on the frets.

In fact, I gave him a couple sheet of my Meguiar's 2000, and 3000 grit papers because he's always running to Panera Bread for me...

Most of the manufacturers use Menzerna if I'm not mistaken. The techs I know around here use the old school Meguiar's M04, M01, M02, M09, M07! And they aren't about to try anything different!

Post Thanks / Like

Ill give my vote to Sonax CutMax and Ex 04-06
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    You'd be a great expert witness.

What are the differences between FG400/SF4500 and the two Jescar products?
    I'm waiting on the arrival of the Jescar finishing polish. The compound smells NOTHING like FG400. Very little smell, while FG400 has a strong chemical smell. JCC seems to dust less than FG400 and just "feels" different when polishing.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I'm waiting on the arrival of the Jescar finishing polish. The compound smells NOTHING like FG400. Very little smell, while FG400 has a strong chemical smell. JCC seems to dust less than FG400 and just "feels" different when polishing.
    Do you think JCC finishes similar to FG400?

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast