autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: Meguiar's Car Wash Plus

Outstanding review Marc !!! I was fortunate enough to receive a bottle of this as well from Meghan for review. However, I have not found out how I want to use it yet and have been skeptical about using on on my cars. After seeing your review I think I have found the perfect application for me.

This summer I am going to use Meguiars Car Wash Plus on my boat. My boat sits in a slip throughout the summer and I tend to wash it after every use. This would be the perfect product to use above the water line. I can stand in the boat and put some of the product on MF mitt and lean over and wash the sides or the accumulated crud on the transom. I was pretty impressed on how it removed those scuff marks !!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Another winner, Marc. You ever think of doing reviews for a living and ditching the electrical work?? Lol

How do you think this product/method stacks up to a RW time-wise?
    Thanks a bunch Paul! I appreciate it!

I would love to do this gig for AG LOL! It's a lot of fun. Heck, I'd be happy if I can get their employee discount ROFL!

Well, I'm not really the biggest fan of rinseless wash and one of the reason why is that it takes me long to do one. Sometimes, I feel like I don't save time compared to a traditional 2BM. Now this made me feel like I washed the car faster than the traditional 2BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post
    Marc, there are a couple links I can give you where I saw the reviews. One of course you are aware of as you posted there at Autopia - Review & How-To: Meguiar`s Car Wash Plus - Page 2

Another I read is at Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G250...iars+wash+plus

There are several threads at the Meguiars forum as well. All these review sites indicate that use of this product could degrade the LSP. That is a bad thing if you consider this a weekly maintenance wash, or a good thing if you consider it similar to a paint prep prior to LSP. As I said before, it certainly can have a place in a
    detailer's repertoire, but what that place should be is dependent on how closely it resembles a polish, rather than how close it resembles a traditional shampoo.
    Thanks for the links and the info Shortspark! Yeah - it won't be good if you use this as a weekly maintenance wash. Unless you top it off with a spray LSP everytime you use it. I always use a spray LSP after every wash myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Outstanding review Marc !!! I was fortunate enough to receive a bottle of this as well from Meghan for review. However, I have not found out how I want to use it yet and have been skeptical about using on on my cars. After seeing your review I think I have found the perfect application for me.

This summer I am going to use Meguiars Car Wash Plus on my boat. My boat sits in a slip throughout the summer and I tend to wash it after every use. This would be the perfect product to use above the water line. I can stand in the boat and put some of the product on MF mitt and lean over and wash the sides or the accumulated crud on the transom. I was pretty impressed on how it removed those scuff marks !!
    Thanks a ton Pat! I appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your review on this.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Update from Meguiar's:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Yes, one application of our Car Wash Plus+, because of it's cleaning ability, will degrade a good amount of, for example, a polymer based wax like our Ultimate Wax. It is recommended to re-apply your favorite coat of wax after use.
    Source: Review & How-To: Meguiar's Car Wash Plus
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some to try out. I liked it for what it is. The problem is, I don't think a company like Meguiars will have the patience to develop a market for it (ala D114). I think it will be gone in a year or two.

It seems destined to be a niche product with different uses for different people. Maybe someone will play around with adding 205 into it as you go. Sort of a short cut to prepping for the WOWA/WOWO products.

Anyway, if we develop the market enough, maybe someone like McKees will pick it up latter.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great review. This is an interesting product.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a bottle and gave it a go today. I used it just how Marc did. I used it as part of the aggressive wash method to prep the paint for a paint correction.

It did remove the sealant on some areas and degraded it in others. My car was wearing 7 week old Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish.

Would make a nice addition to those that do a wash & wax service. Good stuff from Meguiar's.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, I like how you rinsed the mitt with the hose I was thinking the same thing. The only criticism I have is your car was hardly dirty. In fact it wasn't really dirty at all It just had a light layer of dust that a detail spray could of cleaned up or hell even maybe a duster. Plus you rinsed it off with water first so what dirt was really left. You could of taken out the scuff marks with probably any diluted apc.

Post Thanks / Like

@Marc08EX. Are you happy with that hose nozzle? Ever thought about upgrading?

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so now that I've had it for awhile and just reread this thread, I'm thinking maybe a good use for this product would be as a prewash for products like Hydro2, Wetcoat, or Hydro Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

This product is humorous, saves time because you dont have to fill a bucket....lol. ok...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast