autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee’s 37 Fast Metal Polish

Review: McKee’s 37 Fast Metal Polish
    McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish

Description:

Cuts like a compound with a flawless finish.

McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish is an ammonia-free formula that will quickly cure your metal pieces of oxidation, baked on grime, rust, and embedded dirt to leave behind a brilliantly shined surface. McKee痴 37 FAST Metal Polish restores aluminum, chrome, stainless steel, diamond plating, brass, copper, gold, and silver for a like-new shine.

Chrome surfaces are an extremely popular trim piece on many cars, but one that can quickly turn dull and discolored. Repeated exposure to the sun, salt, road grime, even repeated washings can leave scratches, swirls, dullness and discoloration in your metal surfaces. Those afflictions are NOT a good look for metal. McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish helps to eliminate these common problems by cutting through the crud that caused it and leaving a bright finish behind.

McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish sets itself apart from other metal polishes by being ammonia-free. In fact, McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish actually has a pleasant fragrance that will not bother sensitive noses. Who knew restoring the shine on your lusterless metal could be so enjoyable!?

Also included in the unique McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish formula is an anti-corrosive agent that will actually protect against future shine-dulling assaults. This protective layer will resist oxidation and staining, making maintenance washes easier than ever! As the name implies, McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish makes quick work of restoring metal surfaces while also preventing them from falling dull in the future!

Price:

$16.99 for 8oz

Review:

This review will be short and sweet.

Here's the description and directions of this product:

Here are some before pictures of my exhaust tips.

As you can see, there are lots of exhaust soot and carbon build up on the surface. This makes the exhaust tips look dirty and ugly. It's especially an eye sore on a perfectly detailed car. So what do you do? Grab the McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish.

Directions say to clean the surface you intend to polish. For this task, I elected to use the McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash as a rinseless wash. I just gently wiped the surface and here are some pictures after doing one exhaust tip:

As you can see, it left some black carbon build up residue on the metal surface. Also, the metal surface looks a bit dull.

Time to use the McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish. Directions say to apply a quarter size amount of product to an applicator pad as shown:

Apply the polish on the metal surface and vigorously buff it:

Remove excess product using a microfiber towel and buff it off until there are no more polish residue left:

Here are some after shots of the right exhaust tip. I didn't clean the left exhaust tip to show you the before and after:

And here are some final shots after cleaning and polishing both exhaust tips:

Big difference!!!

Thoughts and Observations:

This product's consistency is medium. It's not thin nor super thick.

It was very easy to spread and polish the surface. It felt like the polish had lots of lubrication. I think it has a good amount of cut as well because it cut through some carbon build up that N-914 couldn't remove. I'm sorry but I don't have any oxidized metal surfaces to test how strong the cut is.

There wasn't a strong smell to it. I didn't notice anything so it was good.

The product was very easy to buff off.

It left the metal looking brand spanking new. The metal surface after polishing was blindingly shiny.

Conclusion:

This product works as advertised - it makes polishes metal surfaces to a high gloss FAST! It removes dirt and contamination from the metal surface with ease and creates a mirror like finish. Please consider this product when you want to purchase a metal polish. You will not be disappointed.

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee’s 37 Fast Metal Polish

Great write up Marc. The results speak for themselves based on those great before and after photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post

Also included in the unique McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish formula is an anti-corrosive agent that will actually protect against future shine-dulling assaults. This protective layer will resist oxidation and staining, making maintenance washes easier than ever! As the name implies, McKee's 37 FAST Metal Polish makes quick work of restoring metal surfaces while also preventing them from falling dull in the future!
    This is what caught my eye. I find the anti-corrosive agent interesting. Does this actually leave a sealant behind of some sort? I don't know if you happen to know but that is what it sounds like.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another great review.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review on that as always, Marc.

Gotta try this.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Great write up Marc. The results speak for themselves based on those great before and after photos.

This is what caught my eye. I find the anti-corrosive agent interesting. Does this actually leave a sealant behind of some sort? I don't know if you happen to know but that is what it sounds like.
    Thank you so much Mike! The results are great indeed.

I think it leaves a layer of protection behind. This has been my experience with the Mother's metal polish. Will update you on my next wash.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Mike View Post
    Thanks for another great review.
    Thanks a lot for the compliments Mike. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nice review on that as always, Marc.

Gotta try this.
    Thank you Paul! I appreciate the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Great review buddy!
    Thanks a lot Kyle!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much Mike! The results are great indeed.

I think it leaves a layer of protection behind. This has been my experience with the Mother's metal polish. Will update you on my next wash.

Marc, you mentioned this in my thread about the polish, I think that you are correct. I did not add anything to the tips after cleaning, just as a test. Prior to using the polish my before pictures were after a cleaning with a rinseless wash, yet they were far from clean. Two days ago when I did a quick WW on the car, I noticed that I had some build up on and inside the tips. Uber in WW dilution made them look like they were just polished. Hopefully you observe the same results. Thanks for the awesome review. This product works just as advertised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    Marc, you mentioned this in my thread about the polish, I think that you are correct. I did not add anything to the tips after cleaning, just as a test. Prior to using the polish my before pictures were after a cleaning with a rinseless wash, yet they were far from clean. Two days ago when I did a quick WW on the car, I noticed that I had some build up on and inside the tips. Uber in WW dilution made them look like they were just polished. Hopefully you observe the same results. Thanks for the awesome review. This product works just as advertised!
    Thanks for the compliments Dmb5450! Your review was spectacular as well showcasing those great tips from your amazing ride man.

Do you still wash your car traditionally with a hose and buckets? Try that. From my experience with the mother's polish, the metal beaded like crazy and it was so easy to wipe off the exhaust soot. I'm expecting the same for this product. Will update this thread when I wash my car next. Not sure when that will be since this car is a garage queen and I only WW it after it gets driven.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments Dmb5450! Your review was spectacular as well showcasing those great tips from your amazing ride man.

Do you still wash your car traditionally with a hose and buckets? Try that. From my experience with the mother's polish, the metal beaded like crazy and it was so easy to wipe off the exhaust soot. I'm expecting the same for this product. Will update this thread when I wash my car next. Not sure when that will be since this car is a garage queen and I only WW it after it gets driven.
    I give a traditional wash as needed, I have been doing weekly maintenance washes so that's all the car gets. When I get the two buckets out I will give some updates as well. I really can't get over how easily this product works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been using this to clean the metal frames and surrounds of a badly neglected shower in my home. Its done a pretty good job of removing the years of built up scum, lime, and calcium. The best thing is, for a metal polish is does not have a harsh chemical smell. It has a pleasant citrus fragrance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast