autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mequiars Ultimate Fast Finish Review

Meghan was kind enough to send me some of the new Meguiars products for testing. This is my review of Meguiars new Ultimate Fast Finsh. I have been a huge advocate of WOWA sealants since their release to the detailing industry and was fortunate enough to test Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPGP) when it debuted to the detailing market as one of the first WOWA sealants. There have been several other positive product reviews for Ultimate Fast Finish so I thought I would give my results and thoughts as well.

In todays coating market, I feel that WOWA sealants are a very underrated product and don't get as much recognition as they should. For me there there is not a easier way to apply a sealant and get several months of durability. I can easily apply a WOWA sealant to my Dodge truck in 10-15 minutes and in most cases can walk away with next to no buffing required.

Product Description:

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish is a revolutionary aerosol formula that offers a brilliant gloss with a long-lasting synthetic polymer coating that's extremely easy to use. This advanced formula offers the ultimate in polymer gloss, slickness, and water beading paint protection. The no buff formula allows you to complete an entire vehicle in just minutes, simply spray and wipe. Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish truly is the easiest way to "wax!”

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish is a car guy’s (or gal’s!) dream come true. Never has it been easier to wax your vehicle. No longer will you have to break out a crumbly paste wax or sticky liquid wax. Simply spray Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish onto your paint and wipe clean using a soft microfiber towel. It simply doesn’t get any easier!

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish is a non-abrasive finishing wax. If you’ve neglected to clay or polish your vehicle in longer than 3 months.

Cost: $17.00 for 16 ounces

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish

Kit Contents:

16 ounce Fast Finish Aerosol
    black micro fiber towel

Application:

The directions state to apply Fast Finish by applying to the supplied microfiber towel but as others forum members have found it was easier for me to apply to a microfiber applicator. I feel this gave me more control and allowed me to get into the tighter areas. One feature of this product that I really liked was the aerosol sprayer which really allowed me to control the amount of product being dispersed.

I started by priming the applicator with a short burst of Fast Finish. Once the pad was primed I only need two small bursts per panel to get complete coverage. With Meguiars Fast Finish a little goes a long way and by applying in a cross hatch pattern I was easily able to apply it to my Dodge Ram truck in about 10-12 minutes. The pad just glided over the surface and was not grabby at all. I did not try and apply it to glass like other WOWA sealants like Opti-Seal and UPGP since I had just coated my windows.

Upon application, as with most WOWA sealants you will notice a "halo effect" or what appears to be an oil like film on the paint surface. As the product dries this film goes away. If you happen to over apply it, this film is easily removed with a quick buff from a microfiber towel.

The microfiber towel included in the Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish kit is a very soft short nap type microfiber and easily took care of any remaining residue on the surface.

Thoughts:

1. This is Meguiars intro into the WOWA market and I think they have a winner in this product. It applies super easy and the gloss left behind is impressive. I only had a few small areas where I over applied and that was easily taken care of with the supplied microfiber towel. Durability is yet to be seen and I will try and report back on how it's holding up.

2. For an OTC product the price point is excellent for a WOWA product that can be picked up at most automotive retail stores that carry Meguiars. I have not seen it yet in my area Walmart, Autozone, etc.

3. The Ultimate Fast Finish left the paint surface very slick and glossy which was impressive for 10 minutes of work. Overall I was very impressed with this product.

Results:

GLOSS !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mequiars Ultimate Fast Finish Review

great post

im really liking this new megs product as well, really easy to work with and easy to fine, if you need and don't have time to order. im testing the longevity of it here soon along with a few others but also have a current test where im comparing this with a few other products side by side. on the current test the test hood as not been washed just to see how it holds up and its doing great.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Megs has a winner.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Pat!! Thanks for creating this thread for the UFF
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

How's it holding up