autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Meguiar's Quik Air Re-Fresher - New Car & Leather Scents

Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher New Car Scent
    Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher Leather Scent

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

Out with the old and in with the new car scent!

Meguairs Quik Air Re-Fresher is a convenient odor eliminator and air refresher bundled into one easy-to-use can! Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher offers the same permanent odor eliminating technology as the Meguiars Whole Car Re-Freshers, but with a new metered sprayer that allows for maximum control. Whether you need to freshen up your whole interior or just one spot in particular Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher is the way to go!

Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher can treat over 20 cars with just one can! Remove stale old scents, caused anything from spilled food and drinks, old gym socks, or pets, and leave behind a fresh and clean scent!

Meguiars Quik Air-Refresher do more than just mask the scent. Deodorizing properties actually break down the source at the molecular level and eliminate – meaning it won’t be back in two days when the scent wears off!

Available in three distinct and sophisticated scents, Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher can deodorize your interior and leave behind your favorite scent with no extra work from you! Simply spray and enjoy!

Price:

$6.99 for 4oz aerosol can

Review:

Once again, this review will be short and sweet.

Here's the description and directions of this product. It was hard to capture the entire text because the bottle has a very low radius so I tried to position the bottles so that you can connect the text from both.

Instructions say to vacuum first and remove source of odor for best results. I know for a fact that the dirt and debris in the carpet doesn't help create a clean smell. Vacuuming can normally make a HUGE difference in how your car smells. So even if it wasn't in the instructions, I would have done the same thing:

I also cleaned the interior with Blackfire Interior Cleaner and wiped down all interior panels. Once the interior is clean, you can now spray the product in the car. For this vehicle, I used the "new car" scent. First, I sprayed it in the middle section of the car:

Instructions also stated to spray onto the seat and carpet. And to use 1-3 sprays per seat. I did 3 sprays per seat and 3 sprays on the back bench:

Spray the product towards the carpets as well:

I repeated the entire process on my Miata but I used the "leather" scent.

First, I vacuumed my interior and carpet:

Then I sprayed some on the interior and carpets:

Instructions said to not go inside the vehicle for at least 5 minutes. I left both vehicles alone for about 2 hours before going in.

Thoughts and Observations:

I really like this aerosol trigger. When I continuously press the trigger, atomized particles only come out for about a second then it stops. I think this is amazing because it prevents you from over-applying the product and being trigger happy LOL! I don't know how they did this but this is the first aerosol trigger I've encountered with this feature.

The fragrance is very strong especially in the first day or two. I may have over applied it but I just followed the instructions. I think the best time is the 2nd to 3rd day. The scent is not too strong and you can definitely smell it's there. I really like the fact that it can permanently eliminate odors but I wasn't able to test this because I don't have any foul odors in my vehicles thankfully.

I really like the scent of the "new car" scent although there's nothing really "new car" about it. When I see "new car" scent, I expect it to smell like the fragrance new vehicles give off. I know it's just the outgassing of plastic, fabric, vinyl and other materials inside the car. I want to smell that when I hear "new car". To me, this scent smells like the "fresh" and "spring" type scents of laundry detergents. I used my wife's car for this "new car" scent test and I asked what was her opinion. She hated the smell. To her, it smelled like chlorine and she told me to never use it on her car again.

I used the "leather" scent on my car. But I didn't like this scent AT ALL. It smelled very artificial and there's nothing leather-like about it at all. When I see "leather" scent, I'd expect it to smell like the leather interiors of very upscale vehicles. Or any vehicles equipped with leather seats for that matter. But this wasn't it. This smelled very chemical like to me. I wouldn't recommend this scent at all. If I wanted my interior to smell like leather, I would highly suggest using McKee’s 37 All In One Leather Lotion, Pinnacle Leather Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner or any other leather conditioner products.

Today is my 4th day and there was still a mild scent in both vehicles. I would imagine it would still have some tomorrow (will post an update as to when it completely goes away). From my testing, I would say it lasts 4-5 days, if not more. Other people have seen it to last 2-3 days.

Product says it could treat at least 20 vehicles. I don't think I'll reach that - maybe because I over applied it. But I think it's a great value if it can treat 20+ vehicles.

Conclusion:

I think Meguiar's has some good aerosol air fresheners available. I like the "new car" scent and would recommend it but I wouldn't recommend the "leather" scent because it's too artificial. I think the "lemon" scent should smell nice. It can eliminate odors permanently as well. The value is great because it can treat at least 20 vehicles. If you need an air freshener, please give this product a shot.

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Meguiar's Quik Air Re-Fresher - New Car & Leather Scents

I'd say these Megs air fresheners do a great job at what they do, however I they're a bit off the mark as far as the scents they decided on... The leather scent smells like old man leather, another 1 smells like bathroom cleaner, there's another 1 called Spiced Wood and you can imagine how that smells... Lemon? All I can think of is Lemon Pledge, and I don't think I want my car smelling like that. Citrus and Blossom are ok, Summer Breeze and New Car are the good scents. It's too bad they didn't nail it on all the scents because if they did they'd all be a must have.

Just imagine how great these things would be if they had Strawberry, Coconut, Blackberry, Piña Colada [or just make it the scent of Last Touch]... Those scents would be amazing. I dunno how they decided on the scents they went with. Smh.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! Nice, honest write-up, man!

Based on Eldorado's review on these, I picked up some "New Car" scent at Del Mar last weekend. Have an Audi loaner that someone *may or may not* have smoked in. Used Sunday night, sprayed couple shots to each carpet space only, left car overnight, and smelled fresh/new (it's a fairly new car) next two days. I concur, you may have used too much. I certainly didn't notice any chlorine smell... Agree on the single-shot type sprayer - liked that a lot.

I vote for Meg's Ultimate QD scent!
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I really liked the "new car" scent. You definitely applied way more than I did on my vehicles. I did 3 sprays and found that it easily lasted 3 days or more. Definitely the longest lasting air freshener I have used. I will be picking more up when this bottle is done.

I agree with the aerosol trigger. It releases just the right amount of spray.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher New Car Scent
    Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher Leather Scent

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

Out with the old and in with the new car scent!

Meguairs Quik Air Re-Fresher is a convenient odor eliminator and air refresher bundled into one easy-to-use can! Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher offers the same permanent odor eliminating technology as the Meguiars Whole Car Re-Freshers, but with a new metered sprayer that allows for maximum control. Whether you need to freshen up your whole interior or just one spot in particular Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher is the way to go!

Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher can treat over 20 cars with just one can! Remove stale old scents, caused anything from spilled food and drinks, old gym socks, or pets, and leave behind a fresh and clean scent!

Meguiars Quik Air-Refresher do more than just mask the scent. Deodorizing properties actually break down the source at the molecular level and eliminate – meaning it won’t be back in two days when the scent wears off!

Available in three distinct and sophisticated scents, Meguiars Quik Air Re-Fresher can deodorize your interior and leave behind your favorite scent with no extra work from you! Simply spray and enjoy!

Price:

$6.99 for 4oz aerosol can

Review:

Once again, this review will be short and sweet.

Here's the description and directions of this product. It was hard to capture the entire text because the bottle has a very low radius so I tried to position the bottles so that you can connect the text from both.

Instructions say to vacuum first and remove source of odor for best results. I know for a fact that the dirt and debris in the carpet doesn't help create a clean smell. Vacuuming can normally make a HUGE difference in how your car smells. So even if it wasn't in the instructions, I would have done the same thing:

I also cleaned the interior with Blackfire Interior Cleaner and wiped down all interior panels. Once the interior is clean, you can now spray the product in the car. For this vehicle, I used the "new car" scent. First, I sprayed it in the middle section of the car:

Instructions also stated to spray onto the seat and carpet. And to use 1-3 sprays per seat. I did 3 sprays per seat and 3 sprays on the back bench:

Spray the product towards the carpets as well:

I repeated the entire process on my Miata but I used the "leather" scent.

First, I vacuumed my interior and carpet:

Then I sprayed some on the interior and carpets:

Instructions said to not go inside the vehicle for at least 5 minutes. I left both vehicles alone for about 2 hours before going in.

Thoughts and Observations:

I really like this aerosol trigger. When I continuously press the trigger, atomized particles only come out for about a second then it stops. I think this is amazing because it prevents you from over-applying the product and being trigger happy LOL! I don't know how they did this but this is the first aerosol trigger I've encountered with this feature.

The fragrance is very strong especially in the first day or two. I may have over applied it but I just followed the instructions. I think the best time is the 2nd to 3rd day. The scent is not too strong and you can definitely smell it's there. I really like the fact that it can permanently eliminate odors but I wasn't able to test this because I don't have any foul odors in my vehicles thankfully.

I really like the scent of the "new car" scent although there's nothing really "new car" about it. When I see "new car" scent, I expect it to smell like the fragrance new vehicles give off. I know it's just the outgassing of plastic, fabric, vinyl and other materials inside the car. I want to smell that when I hear "new car". To me, this scent smells like the "fresh" and "spring" type scents of laundry detergents. I used my wife's car for this "new car" scent test and I asked what was her opinion. She hated the smell. To her, it smelled like chlorine and she told me to never use it on her car again.

I used the "leather" scent on my car. But I didn't like this scent AT ALL. It smelled very artificial and there's nothing leather-like about it at all. When I see "leather" scent, I'd expect it to smell like the leather interiors of very upscale vehicles. Or any vehicles equipped with leather seats for that matter. But this wasn't it. This smelled very chemical like to me. I wouldn't recommend this scent at all. If I wanted my interior to smell like leather, I would highly suggest using McKee’s 37 All In One Leather Lotion, Pinnacle Leather Conditioner, Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner or any other leather conditioner products.

Today is my 4th day and there was still a mild scent in both vehicles. I would imagine it would still have some tomorrow (will post an update as to when it completely goes away). From my testing, I would say it lasts 4-5 days, if not more. Other people have seen it to last 2-3 days.

Product says it could treat at least 20 vehicles. I don't think I'll reach that - maybe because I over applied it. But I think it's a great value if it can treat 20+ vehicles.

Conclusion:

I think Meguiar's has some good aerosol air fresheners available. I like the "new car" scent and would recommend it but I wouldn't recommend the "leather" scent because it's too artificial. I think the "lemon" scent should smell nice. It can eliminate odors permanently as well. The value is great because it can treat at least 20 vehicles. If you need an air freshener, please give this product a shot.

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    Not a bad product for the money.I've bought it and I got maybe one hr out of it.Oil based freshers last week's or more.I use that just before delivery of a detailed car and spray a few pumps.But 2 to 5 days is kinda stretching it..

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Marc! Appreciate all the work you put into this review. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I'd say these Megs air fresheners do a great job at what they do, however I they're a bit off the mark as far as the scents they decided on... The leather scent smells like old man leather, another 1 smells like bathroom cleaner, there's another 1 called Spiced Wood and you can imagine how that smells... Lemon? All I can think of is Lemon Pledge, and I don't think I want my car smelling like that. Citrus and Blossom are ok, Summer Breeze and New Car are the good scents. It's too bad they didn't nail it on all the scents because if they did they'd all be a must have.

Just imagine how great these things would be if they had Strawberry, Coconut, Blackberry, Piña Colada [or just make it the scent of Last Touch]... Those scents would be amazing. I dunno how they decided on the scents they went with. Smh.
    Bingo. This is exactly why I avoid using air fresheners -IMHO they end up replacing the smell you're trying to get rid of with an equally bad or worse one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinLow View Post
    Hey! Nice, honest write-up, man!

Based on Eldorado's review on these, I picked up some "New Car" scent at Del Mar last weekend. Have an Audi loaner that someone *may or may not* have smoked in. Used Sunday night, sprayed couple shots to each carpet space only, left car overnight, and smelled fresh/new (it's a fairly new car) next two days. I concur, you may have used too much. I certainly didn't notice any chlorine smell... Agree on the single-shot type sprayer - liked that a lot.

I vote for Meg's Ultimate QD scent!
    Thank you FlyinLow! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Yes Meg's is definitely WAY OFF on their scents. You said the one good adjective for the "new car" scent - Summer Breeze! It's that type of smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Nice review. I really liked the "new car" scent. You definitely applied way more than I did on my vehicles. I did 3 sprays and found that it easily lasted 3 days or more. Definitely the longest lasting air freshener I have used. I will be picking more up when this bottle is done.

I agree with the aerosol trigger. It releases just the right amount of spray.
    Thanks a lot Pat!!! I liked the new "car scent" too.

Man only 3 sprays? I did that per seat hahaha! Will use less in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Not a bad product for the money.I've bought it and I got maybe one hr out of it.Oil based freshers last week's or more.I use that just before delivery of a detailed car and spray a few pumps.But 2 to 5 days is kinda stretching it..
    Totally agree - I think it's worth the price but if you like the smell it produces.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Great review, Marc! Appreciate all the work you put into this review. Good stuff.
    Thank you so much once again Angus!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Really good review, Marc.

And other than that animated pic that gave me a low-grade epileptic attack, I enjoyed it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

If you're not in marketing or advertising, you need to consider a new career!

Thanks again for another great review, Marc.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Bingo. This is exactly why I avoid using air fresheners -IMHO they end up replacing the smell you're trying to get rid of with an equally bad or worse one.
    Yea I can pretty much agree for the most part... It's always a fine line when you choose to leave your choice of fragrance/air freshener in someone's vehicle because for all you know they [or their wife] could wind up hating that particular scent for whatever reason... The good thing about these new sprays is that they only last a couple days instead of an entire month or more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast