autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How To Make 2 Gallons Of Excellent Economical Spray Wax For Under 15 | McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax | Revealing My Secret!

What if I told you that its possible to buy 2 gallons of a spray wax detailer for $12.99? Would you call me crazy? would you say it must be a horrible product? or maybe both!

about a month ago I recently discovered this product and the more I use it the more and more I love it. I have not seen any talks about it on the forum And I would love to share my success with this product. I enjoy using it alot so I know my fellow geeks will also.

The last time I was this excited about a economical detail spray/wax was Uber @ Detail Spray Ratio (amazing stuff)

So What is this product that is going to make us this excellent spray wax ? McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax!

Product Description

Quick Detailer

This is where the polymers really shine! The proprietary polymers bond to the paint as the lubricants allow dust and dirt to be wiped away scratch-free. The polymers leave a slick, high gloss finish that is a brilliant complement to any existing wax coat. Since McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax is water-based, it’s safer for you and your vehicle. Enjoy the slick shimmer and convenience of a quick detailer with no harmful chemicals!

To Create Quick Detailer - Add 2 – 3 ounces of McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax to 32 ounces of water. Pour this mixture into a clean spray bottle. Mist the paint surface and wipe with a clean, soft microfiber towel to rejuvenate the shine and remove fingerprints and dust. The remaining mixture can be saved for use at a later time. Shake the bottle well before using the quick detailer again.

Making the Spray Wax

Start with a 32oz bottle, Fill it up with distilled water.

adding the first half oz. (smells like (candy bannanas)

As soon as you pour the Rinse Free Wash & Wax into the water you will see the thick wax!

Adding the last ammount of concenrated solution to add 2oz's

Shake bottle vigorously to mix the wax properly!

Your ready to start spray waxing.

Testing

Let's see how it works on the McKee's 37 demo hood!

I saturated the panel with product.

Getting ready to wipe with my towel.

After 1 pass with the towel.

I flipped my towel to do the last buff off.

It removed all the finger smudges and hand prints that I heavily installed leaving a reflective wet shine.

After

I re-installed some finger smudges/hand prints/oils to see how the product would "flash" with 1 pass.

I applied the product heavy to see if it would leave any streaks.

almost done wiping!

After 1 pass with the towel these streaks remained.

After about 20-25 seconds the remaining streaks "ghosted" into the panel.

It Does great removing smudges/dust But let's see how it protects your paint now!

Beading

It beads water really really nice. I can not answer longevity questions right now, I been using it as a drying aid for my daily driver but I have a coat of Hi-Def paint sealant. So I would want to do some more testing on a stand alone application.

Tips

In the description it says add 2-3 oz's In the product we tested above I applied 2 oz of product, If you want more of a quick detailer/spray wax hybrid I would go with the 2oz's if you want a much thicker spray wax I would go the 3oz. If you are working outside in a hot climate 2oz's is the way to go. In a climate control shop the 3 oz spray wax might be up your alley! I prefer the 2oz dilution but test 2 bottle to determine your liking.

With 1 bottle of 16oz Rinse Free Wash & Wax you can create 2 gallons of spray wax detailer! 256ozs of spray wax for less than 15 dollars. this product is a real winner and I hope you guys enjoy this product as much as I do.

Like any spray wax make sure you shake well before you use it!

this product works excellent as a drying aid as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Make 2 Gallons Of Excellent Economical Spray Wax For Under 15 | McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax | Revealing My Secret!

Does it work more like a quick detailer or like a spray wax? How do you compared it to Fast Wax?

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Make 2 Gallons Of Excellent Economical Spray Wax For Under 15 | McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax | Revealing My Secret!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Does it work more like a quick detailer or like a spray wax? How do you compared it to Fast Wax?
    Fast Wax is always going to be superior and outperform this. This is a great economical option that has pretty darn good performance considering the price point.

the 3oz to 32oz is more like a spray wax, the 2oz to 32oz is more like a hybrid of a spray wax/detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax bds mixed with j lenno detail spray 50/50 if I can add a home brew.

Post Thanks / Like

Great article Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Fast Wax is always going to be superior and outperform this. This is a great economical option that has pretty darn good performance considering the price point.

the 3oz to 32oz is more like a spray wax, the 2oz to 32oz is more like a hybrid of a spray wax/detailer.
    I'm happy you mentioned this. I was just going to ask about its comparison with Fast Wax.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe! I've never used the product in the way mentioned here, but I have used it extensively in the last 3-4 months as a rinseless wash and it's shines! (no pun intended). 2 oz in 3 gallons of warm water and it's simply a pleasure to wash the car even in 20 degree temps.

Maybe this mixture followed with Fast Wax would make a great way to maintain a vehicle that doesn't get very dirty.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, I will have to give it a try!

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiar's D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax in a similar manner and it's as good a quick detailer as anything I've used.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'm not trying to be rude so don't take this the wrong way but what is your deal bro? Are you a rep for the company or a relative or something? Stock holder maybe? I ask only because of all the McKee's 37, products, banners, reviews, spray bottles, tshirts, ect, ect, you seem to have? It's cool if you are I happen to think they have great products. I just bought a few new ones myself

Post Thanks / Like

^I guess you missed this thread.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-giveaway.html

Edit: You probably should make it clear through some form. Something in your signature maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast