autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results

Disappointing results.

Other than wash and decontaminate your windshield, did you polish it?

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to find any product that claims to be anti-fog to actually work. I usually test them on my bathroom mirror and none have worked. I think anti-fog is an impossibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results

Quote Originally Posted by osiapstndp View Post
    Thanks for taking one for the team. Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results
    Take 1 for the team eh?Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results Well Dr. Beasley's slogan is "your prescription is in"... However all I feel like is the cat that went to the vet. [and got no love once he came back to the other cats in the house] lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Disappointing results.

Other than wash and decontaminate your windshield, did you polish it?
    Nope, just wash & clay.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I have yet to find any product that claims to be anti-fog to actually work. I usually test them on my bathroom mirror and none have worked. I think anti-fog is an impossibility.
    Didn't The Guz test a product on a bathroom mirror vs. the Gyeon anti fog? I think it did work and outperformed the Gyeon. I could be mistaken though.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok here's the 5 day update:
    I haven't touched the glass.. I even drove to work with a fogged up windshield and resisted using my wiper blades just to allow the surface to remain untouched for as long as possible...

Here's what my windshield looks like today. There's some kind of spots that have occurred on the exterior glass, not sure if they're water spots or dirt, but they're on there. [this shot gives a view of both sides]

Here's a pic focusing on the drivers side of the windshield which has been treated with the Beasley's Glass IQ. Notice how much spotting has occurred, it clearly has done nothing to prevent it at all. It's actually worse on this side...

Later in the day, my cat decided to walk on my windshield... It turned out to be a good test to see if the Glass IQ could prevent smudging like it claims.. It didn't prevent fingerprints/smudging.

...Tomorrow's the day we're finally supposed to see some rain. We'll see how it does in the water behavior department. So far this product has been an epic fail.

Sent from my iPhone
    Final update: Ok so we've got rain☔️ And both sides look totally identical.. Nothing special happening on the Dr. Beasley's side.

Same results on the windshield.

...and as far as glass beading... All glass beads. At least that's the way It's always been for me. I've never not once seen my glass not bead.

Conclusion: This is the 1st detail product I've ever bought that failed to deliver on every claim. And to top it off it costs a whopping $15 per 4oz. RTU making it pound for pound the biggest load of hype I've ever been duped into buying.

I rate this product a zero.

Sent from my iPhone
    The spots on your first photos look like water spots from the morning dew. Will happen with an actual coating on glass as well.

Onto your next set of photos. I had an inkling that this one was not going to fair well as it's pretty much just a glass cleaner with a little bit of protection. But I also think you were expecting this to be a magical product where no water would be on the glass when it rained lol. Even a glass coating is not that good. It will still bead up. But my question is how was the sheeting of the side that had the glass cleaner on it while you were driving? Did it even have any sheeting? This is where a glass coating really comes into play.

But it's pretty sad that there was no discernible difference between the sides that had it and the other side that didn't.

Didn't The Guz test a product on a bathroom mirror vs. the Gyeon anti fog? I think it did work and outperformed the Gyeon. I could be mistaken though.

Sent from my iPhone
    Gyeon anti-fog sucks. I am about to make an update soon after I upload my video. Rain anti-fog works much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Onto your next set of photos. I had an inkling that this one was not going to fair well as it's pretty much just a glass cleaner with a little bit of protection. But I also think you were expecting this to be a magical product where no water would be on the glass when it rained lol. Even a glass coating is not that good. It will still bead up. But my question is how was the sheeting of the side that had the glass cleaner on it while you were driving? Did it even have any sheeting? This is where a glass coating really comes into play.
    I wasn't expecting the world from this product, all I was expecting was some kind of difference between it and the bare side to show me where my money went.

I just went out to grab a bite to eat, light drizzle, used the wipers several times, absolutely no difference between the sides.

This is the 1st product in 20 years of buying care car stuff that makes me want to call Beasley's and see about getting my money back.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Final update: Ok so we've got rain☔️ And both sides look totally identical.. Nothing special happening on the Dr. Beasley's side.

Same results on the windshield.

...and as far as glass beading... All glass beads. At least that's the way It's always been for me. I've never not once seen my glass not bead.

Conclusion: This is the 1st detail product I've ever bought that failed to deliver on every claim. And to top it off it costs a whopping $15 per 4oz. RTU making it pound for pound the biggest load of hype I've ever been duped into buying.

I rate this product a zero.

Sent from my iPhone
    And with that being said, I would not buy any of their products just based off of that.

Thanks for the review my brother. I have gotten out of the "buy anything new" mindset. If it is given to me free I will test and review. I have great products in my arsenal now that work and I am use to as far as application.

Mckee's
    Meguiars
    Wolfgang
    Menzerna

And some CG stuff that I love.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So, just to clarify: is this an antifog product or a coating for glass (like Gtechniq G1) or both?

On follow-up, was there any coating, wax or sealant on your windshield prior to this? If so, I think that might interfere with your success and affect your results -- there may be no appreciable bonding of DrB's. If so, I think the windshield should have been polished.

If there was no LSP on your windshield, then this is a truly disappointing outcome.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

This from the dr Beasley page "One of the toughest challenges with glass and plasma surfaces is preventing them from becoming dirty again. So we formulated Glass IQ to resist dirt and other contaminants. That means it's anti-fog, anti-smudge, and anti-fingerprint. Use it on the inside of your car windows and smudges from your dogs nose will wipe off with ease. And you'll no longer see greasy fingerprints on the window next to your child's car seat. Simply put, Glass IQ keeps glass, laptops, phones, GPS navigation screens, and many other surfaces cleaner for longer."

I got a sample of the glass cleaner nice but for the price no. I really like Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner which is half the price. Still testing the glass IQ, So far I feel the same no steaking or smearing but no extra fog or beading I see. buffs off fast but the bottle is so small you can't over apply it like many other glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Beasley's Glass IQ: Review + longevity test results

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    So, just to clarify: is this an antifog product or a coating for glass (like Gtechniq G1) or both?

On follow-up, was there any coating, wax or sealant on your windshield prior to this? If so, I think that might interfere with your success and affect your results -- there may be no appreciable bonding of DrB's. If so, I think the windshield should have been polished.

If there was no LSP on your windshield, then this is a truly disappointing outcome.
    About 5 weeks ago I polished my windshield with Mckee's Coating Prep Polish and followed it up with Mckee's Paint Coating... But I saw no difference at all in the glass as far as water behavior or any visual differences. So my search for a product to use on my glass continued and lead me here. I can't recall whether I coated my rear glass with the Mckee's that day. But either ways, I doubt the Mckee's would still be on there based on it never seeming like it was in the 1st place.

I'll try the Beasley's on a different vehicle, this time with no prep at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast