autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nano Coating

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Wow. That's good life out of HydrO2. How were you maintaining the paint during washes?

(Sent via my mobile device...)
    Detail sprays and Meguiars D156 express spray wax which is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nano Coating

Quote Originally Posted by c7stingray View Post
    Detail sprays and Meguiars D156 express spray wax which is awesome!
    Never tried it myself, but have heard great things about D156. But, don't you think it would be hard to tell what's what if you're layering D156 on top? Not to be cynical, but I have Mohs on my car, and it's topped with Over Coat, Cure, Uber layers, Kenotek, Over Coat, Waxamole, Viking Spritz, Uber layers, EcH2O/Cure, Uber layers, and High Gloss...all of them leaving a little sumpin' sumpin'. Not sure which of those is still there or causing the beading and sheeting at this point.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Never tried it myself, but have heard great things about D156. But, don't you think it would be hard to tell what's what if you're layering D156 on top? Not to be cynical, but I have Mohs on my car, and it's topped with Over Coat, Cure, Uber layers, Kenotek, Over Coat, Waxamole, Viking Spritz, Uber layers, EcH2O/Cure, Uber layers, and High Gloss...all of them leaving a little sumpin' sumpin'. Not sure which of those is still there or causing the beading and sheeting at this point.

D156 lasts for about 2 weeks max and my other brand detail spray gives me about a week as tested on the other cars! Nothing was building up because I used to apply them every 3 to 4 weeks.. I log whatever detail job I do, that's how I know how long every lsp lasts.. Try it.. Would be very useful!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody used one of these "spray on, rinse off" coatings on the underside of a vehicle? Wonder if it would be how it would do on a the frame of my Tacoma.

Post Thanks / Like

After 2 uses now, HYDRO BLUE is one of the most revolutionary products I have ever used.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    After 2 uses now, HYDRO BLUE is one of the most revolutionary products I have ever used.
    I agree, a product that meets it's own marketing hype and more...

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    You never used hydro2 lite ? It's been out for ages before and does the same with the same longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    You never used hydro2 lite ? It's been out for ages before and does the same with the same longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When that first came out, I really wanted to try it. For whatever reason never happened. Then HB was released. Figured perfect time to try one of these new spray coatings. GYEON WET COAT was another one I followed. But after some research, HB was one of the easiest to use. Even in partly sunny conditions. After 3 uses, I had no issues whatsoever. No streaking or other mishaps. I am sure out of the bunch, everyone has their favorite. I for one like the pre mixed ready to go ones. No muss, no fuss.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I think these silica sprays are great - all of them. But, I think they all are about the same and need to be refreshed frequently. That's not a big deal since they are all easy to apply. Not sure that application in the sun is a huge advantage, but I can see how some would need that property.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

How is UV protection with Hydro Blue? I currently wipe my vehicles down with OCW which provides excellent UVA/UVB protection.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast