autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's High Def Paint Sealant Review

Thanks for your review Jeremy!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!! I noticed the description on AG doesn't indicate whether or not it stains plastic, rubber, vinyl trim. Do you have any insight on it's ability to be used these other exterior surfaces? Thank you very much Jeremy!

Post Thanks / Like

Something I noticed in the ad copy:
    "Avoid exposure to water for at least 6 hours and avoid washing for 1 full week"

I've never seen --avoid washing for a week-- as part of the instructions for any other paint sealer. Is this a new one to you guys, too?

Post Thanks / Like

That is interesting.
    I'd really like to hear some new scientific information about the curing time and process instead of the same old tired "24 hours" story.

Edit- spelling

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Thanks for the review!! I noticed the description on AG doesn't indicate whether or not it stains plastic, rubber, vinyl trim. Do you have any insight on it's ability to be used these other exterior surfaces? Thank you very much Jeremy!
    I'll chime in if you don't mind....

For 95% of applications, it will not stain plastic trim. However, (and I say this for EVERY wax or sealant), errr on the side of caution.

What I would recommend is that you apply McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer first. That way, if any sealant does get on the plastic trim, it will wipe right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    Something I noticed in the ad copy:
    "Avoid exposure to water for at least 6 hours and avoid washing for 1 full week"

I've never seen --avoid washing for a week-- as part of the instructions for any other paint sealer. Is this a new one to you guys, too?
    I'm glad you pointed that out. High Def Paint Sealant contains some of the "good stuff" found in McKee's 37 Paint Coating, so it's going to take a full week before it's 100% cured. Can it get wet within that time frame? With exception to the first 6 hours after being applied, the vehicle can absolutely get wet. However, it's not recommended that you wash the vehicle (not that you would need to anyway because nothing sticks to the paint ).

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    That is interesting.
    I'd really like to hear some new scientific information about the curing time and process instead of the same old tired "24 hours" story.

Edit- spelling
    Think paint, thin-set, concrete, etc. There's a whole mess of chemical reactions taking place during the curing process.

Post Thanks / Like

Good review, Jeremy. Thanks. I'll be doing McKee's 37 360 AIO on a few customers coming up and following that with the HD Sealant. I'm curious about the longevity. I usually use the wife as my test mule but she has McKees 37 Coating on hers.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to poo poo on this but when WG DGPS is only $10 more why not go with the "better" sealant. I understand M37 products are more value lined for production detailing and such but a sealant isn't something one needs gallons upon gallons of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Not to poo poo on this but when WG DGPS is only $10 more why not go with the "better" sealant. I understand M37 products are more value lined for production detailing and such but a sealant isn't something one needs gallons upon gallons of.
    Too soon to say if one is better than the other seeing the McKee's was just released a day or so ago? Would be an interesting test indeed, but I would not necessarily correlate higher cost to higher performance...not w/o a test anyway.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Jeremy. Curious to see how it compares and holds up against other sealants like Wolfgang and Blackfire.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post
    I'll chime in if you don't mind....

I'm glad you pointed that out. High Def Paint Sealant contains some of the "good stuff" found in McKee's 37 Paint Coating, so it's going to take a full week before it's 100% cured. Can it get wet within that time frame? With exception to the first 6 hours after being applied, the vehicle can absolutely get wet. However, it's not recommended that you wash the vehicle (not that you would need to anyway because nothing sticks to the paint ).
    Very interesting. Thanks for the info Nick.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast