autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's High Def Paint Sealant Review

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Not to poo poo on this but when WG DGPS is only $10 more why not go with the "better" sealant. I understand M37 products are more value lined for production detailing and such but a sealant isn't something one needs gallons upon gallons of.
    Perhaps only $10 less, but overall most products in the line are less expensive when compared to their wolfgang equivalents. The product line fits a nice niche where it's better than what I can buy at the local auto parts store, yet doesn't break the bank. I have two daily drivers that aren't collectors. I want them to be clean, protected, and look good. So far the McKees line has met or exceeded my expectations.

Considering how many pros here who do many cars a week use it, I'd say they like the price point too.

Post Thanks / Like

We're grateful for the fair prices, or at least we should be... Not everyone equates higher quality with higher prices. On the other hand, there's people who recognize great value + exceptional results when they see it.

Not singling out any specific detailing products or brands, but you should keep in mind that a good chunk of that premium price you're paying goes towards all the fancy marketing that lead you to believe the hype. Just look at Beats headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, what's a good Maint product? Your spray wax or quick detailer?

Post Thanks / Like

So the Wolfgang line is mostly hype

Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's High Def Paint Sealant Review

So the Wolfgang line is mostly hype
    I never said anything about Wolfgang.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Not singling out any specific detailing products or brands
    Honestly the 1st thing that came to mind detailing wise was wheel brushes... And how I'll never shell out $50 for some when my $8 brush does a better job.Mckee's High Def Paint Sealant Review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

In regards to the price point of Mckees lineup. I have switched a lot of my products over to gallons of the Mckees lineup for a number of things. Cost, ease of use, results, awesome customer service when needed etc...

For instance I just bought a gallon of the N914 rinseless wash to mainly use for its paint prep abilities. It's a no brainier. Buy a bottle of Eraser or something similar for 25-30$ and get 6+ cars out of. Or buy a gallon of N914 for 45 that can be seriously diluted into a paint prep and get an unbelievable amount of vehicles out of it. Make sense for me.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Wolfgang is great stuff, in fact I have a couple products on my shelf. If I can get good looks and great protection at a lower cost, I'm going to do that, and put the money I save in my kids' college fund so I can buy something worthy of the higher end products in 20 years instead of books and tuition for my kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to poo poo on this but when WG DGPS is only $10 more why not go with the "better" sealant. I understand M37 products are more value lined for production detailing and such but a sealant isn't something one needs gallons upon gallons of.
    i don't know if wgdgps is better i didn't like it to much, this new one may be better just for the simple fact it may have better/newer chemistry that wolfgang may not of had access to at the time.

i like the way it looks on the car this guy did his review with but i have to question the amount of mckees products and signs he has in the garage. it seems more like a marketing thread.

Does the op work for mckees or is he a distributor or something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I'm sure Wolfgang is great stuff, in fact I have a couple products on my shelf. If I can get good looks and great protection at a lower cost, I'm going to do that, and put the money I save in my kids' college fund so I can buy something worthy of the higher end products in 20 years instead of books and tuition for my kids.
    In 20 years its going to cost a million a year kid lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    i don't know if wgdgps is better i didn't like it to much, this new one may be better just for the simple fact it may have better/newer chemistry that wolfgang may not of had access to at the time.

i like the way it looks on the car this guy did his review with but i have to question the amount of mckees products and signs he has in the garage. it seems more like a marketing thread.

Does the op work for mckees or is he a distributor or something?
    I do not have one banner or any advertisement in my shop for Mckee's. And I can assure you I am not being paid by them. Nick at Mckee's will attest to that.

Buy what you like or what you think you will like and can afford. It has no bearing on me what you purchase.

I do these reviews to contribute and help others, and because I enjoy doing them. Not to sell people on a product. Buy what you want.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast