autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Clean up and 2 products reviewed

Clean up today and wanted to try out 2 products I had before my spring detail. Wanted to see if they lived up to my needs. First was Mothers back to black trim restorer aerosol. With all my trim I was looking to streamline my process. Interesting product. Has some control for a aerosol. Light sweeping strokes seemed the ticket. I had a MF handy to get any overspray off the paint. On smooth plastics I did notice some runs, so i went over them woth a old MF. Evened out great. You can do this before the 15m dry time. Cures in 24 hours for max. durability and protection. The product did leave a impressive looking finish. Dry to the touch. The door moulding pic included, was discolored and very bad looking. Made it look new! 3/4 can was used. I did not touch the roof plastics. Easy to work with? YES. Overspray removed easy on paint. Durability is the key for me here. If it provides that I will buy more in the spring.

When I was done with the trim, I wanted to try STONER SPEED BEAD DETAILER. Grabbed a griots PMF towel, and went to work. SWEET JESUS, this product impressed me to no end! No streaks and left a finish I have never seen from a detailer! I have read beading is insane with this product. Contains 50% more active solids to clean shine and protect. The pina colada scent is amazing. Drying aid? Dont know. But from the directions it is stated it can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Glass too. I will buy this again in a heartbeat.

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clean up and 2 products reviewed

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    STONER SPEED BEAD DETAILER.

Grabbed a griots PMF towel, and
    went to work. SWEET JESUS, this
    product impressed me to no end!

No streaks and left a finish I have
    never seen from a detailer!
    The pina colada scent is amazing.
    Thanks for the rousing review.

Personally:
    I've never met a Stoner
    (car-care product, that is)
    that I didn't like!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. Just tried Chemical Guys P40 detailer spray and had very good results. Will have to try Speed Bead and see how they compare.

BTW - Xterra looks great as always

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Mothers Back to Black aerosol, great, great product! I agree with everything you said about it, I'm on my 2nd bottle of this stuff and with my grill being pretty involved this product saves me alot of time, even during clean up because of the layer of protection left behind that lasts and lasts. I can't endorse this product enough....BUY IT!

I don't know anything about that Stoner product but I do know about Stoner wheels cleaner, BUY IT! This product is very thick and has an awesome sprayer as well, that's important to me because you can easily control the amount of product needed because of this!

There's sooooooo many products here and new ones coming out almost every week it seems that you can't go wrong with many or most of them, spring is here, time to get in on some new products you haven't used, here's 2-3 of them right here that are "can't misses"!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

OP, I can never see any of your pics. Any idea why? Sucks because I have an Xterra too and you're the only one on here with an X that regularly posts pics.
    “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” - Bob Dylan

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, the photos show a break in the photo box. I am curious about the Speed bead as well

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to give the Mother's Back to Black aerosol a try. I was working on my car today and saw my flat black low front air dam tucked in under the gloss black body (freshly washed, polished and sealed in February in northern Illinois!). The flat black dam didn't look real good (more dirty gray than anything) and thinking I'd have to crawl under the car to make it look good. Might be a real nice application for the aerosol!

Thanks for the review!

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Use Photobucket.com to upload your pictures...
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    When I was done with the trim, I wanted to try STONER SPEED BEAD DETAILER. Grabbed a griots PMF towel, and went to work. SWEET JESUS, this product impressed me to no end! No streaks and left a finish I have never seen from a detailer! I have read beading is insane with this product. Contains 50% more active solids to clean shine and protect. The pina colada scent is amazing. Drying aid? Dont know. But from the directions it is stated it can be used on wet or dry surfaces. Glass too. I will buy this again in a heartbeat.
    Thanks for the quick rundown. Curious to see how well it beads vs current champ in my arsenal - Sonax BSD.

What I'm really looking forward to is how well it performs on glass; cleaning power, sunrise/sunset test, repellency, and of course, wiper behavior (BSD failed miserably).

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Thanks for the rousing review.

Personally:
    I've never met a Stoner
    (car-care product, that is)
    that I didn't like!

Bob

Older gen stoners tend to be mellow. The newer social justice warrior types, however... *wants to punch throat*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast