autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover Review | Used On Mobile Detail With No Hose Access.

I recently got called from a recent customer of mine, I had the pleasure of working on his Porsche, And he was so impressed with my work that he wanted to get his wifes Passat done, The challenging thing about this im currently doing mobile calls in Florida, And I have to detail at his apartment complex with no hose access. So I am always looking for ways to make my Mobile details more efficient even in the more challenging ones.

So Let's take a look at the wheels.

Application:For application I misted the entire wheel. As I sprayed I moved the bottle to ensure coverage and use less product.
    Smell: this product does not smell bad at all, Infact you it is quite mild, compared to similar products.

After a few mins, The wheels started to bleed red.

McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover is pH-balanced and 100% acid-free: So why did i decide to go with this product? Due to it being pH balanced and acid free, I do not have to worry about rinsing the Iron Remover Residue with a hose, I can use something simple like my pump sprayer or even some N-914 in a spray bottle to wipe off.

Time to Rinse Off: I Used my pump sprayer that i use to pre-soak with rinseless washes. (I had some N914 @ around 1.5:128)

With my pump sprayer, It blasted away all the brake dust, grime, and residue! NOTE: I did not agitate dirt or use any wheel cleaning tools, Simply sprayed product let it dwell and rinsed off.

Results
    Before

After

Conslusion
    This product saved me a ton of time, It literally did all the work for me, I did not have to use any tools to agitate. It took 3 simple steps, Spray, Rinse, Dry. You do not need a pump sprayer to rinse the residue off, You can use something as simple as a spray bottle with N914 rinse and dry with a microfiber towel. The product also goes a long way, The key is to not spray in one area, When you spray move the sprayer to coat the entire rim this will ensure even coverage and using less product, I only used 15-20% of the bottle. Iron Remover also comes at a very attractive price point even for professionals. One of the most surprising characteristics of this product is that it does not smell as bad as the other Iron removers on the market, It is actually a pleasant suprise. I am very sensitive to headaches with certain chemical smells, and Iron Remover really surprised me!

I highly recommend this product, Any vehicle that produces a ton of brake dust has no chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover Review | Used On Mobile Detail With No Hose Access.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    The challenging thing about this im currently doing mobile calls in Florida, And I have to detail at his apartment complex with no hose access. So I am always looking for ways to make my Mobile details more efficient even in the more challenging ones.
    Great demonstration! I have a bottle of McKee's 37 Iron Remover in my cabinet that will get some use soon.

Just curious, how did you clean tires? A couple days ago I worked over my wheels and tires without a hose or running water. I used McKee's 37 Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator to clean the sidewalls and it performed well, but I think I shied from using enough product because of a fear of not being able to thoroughly remove its residue with N-914 (by spraying and then wiping with a damp towel).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover Review | Used On Mobile Detail With No Hose Access.

Quote Originally Posted by osiapstndp View Post
    Great demonstration! I have a bottle of McKee's 37 Iron Remover in my cabinet that will get some use soon.

Just curious, how did you clean tires? A couple days ago I worked over my wheels and tires without a hose or running water. I used McKee's 37 Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator to clean the sidewalls and it performed well, but I think I shied from using enough product because of a fear of not being able to thoroughly remove its residue with N-914 (by spraying and then wiping with a damp towel).

That's exactly what I used !

Due to you can wipe off with a towel.

Iron remover and tire and rubber rejuvenator is a must for any rinseless wash scenario.

McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover Review | Used On Mobile Detail With No Hose Access.-20170204_160653-jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover Review | Used On Mobile Detail With No Hose Access.-20170203_131417-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up, and amazing results for just a spray and rinse!

I assume that this is a fairly new VW, or it been reasonably well maintained for this to work so well.

I use a similar process with color changing wheel cleaners while doing mobile rinseless washing. They usually are in pretty rough shape to start though, and definitely require agitation.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Joe@NextLevelDetail;1463781]I recently got called from a recent customer of mine, I had the pleasure of working on his Porsche, And he was so impressed with my work that he wanted to get his wifes Passat done, The challenging thing about this im currently doing mobile calls in Florida, And I have to detail at his apartment complex with no hose access. So I am always looking for ways to make my Mobile details more efficient even in the more challenging ones.

Application:For application I misted the entire wheel. As I sprayed I moved the bottle to ensure coverage and use less product.
    Smell: this product does not smell bad at all, Infact you it is quite mild, compared to similar products.

McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover is pH-balanced and 100% acid-free: So why did i decide to go with this product? Due to it being pH balanced and acid free, I do not have to worry about rinsing the Iron Remover Residue with a hose, I can use something simple like my pump sprayer or even some N-914 in a spray bottle to wipe off.

Time to Rinse Off: I Used my pump sprayer that i use to pre-soak with rinseless washes. (I had some N914 @ around 1.5:128)

With my pump sprayer, It blasted away all the brake dust, grime, and residue! NOTE: I did not agitate dirt or use any wheel cleaning tools, Simply sprayed product let it dwell and rinsed off.

Results
    Before

After

Conslusion
    This product saved me a ton of time, It literally did all the work for me, I did not have to use any tools to agitate. It took 3 simple steps, Spray, Rinse, Dry. You do not need a pump sprayer to rinse the residue off, You can use something as simple as a spray bottle with N914 rinse and dry with a microfiber towel. The product also goes a long way, The key is to not spray in one area, When you spray move the sprayer to coat the entire rim this will ensure even coverage and using less product, I only used 15-20% of the bottle. Iron Remover also comes at a very attractive price point even for professionals. One of the most surprising characteristics of this product is that it does not smell as bad as the other Iron removers on the market, It is actually a pleasant suprise. I am very sensitive to headaches with certain chemical smells, and Iron Remover really surprised me!

I highly recommend this product, Any vehicle that produces a ton of brake dust has no chance. I really think you just got lucky on those wheels.Those iron removers need a lot of water to safely remove to ensure no staining.In the real world you don't run into clean wheels like that.just politely saying,but if it works for you then that's all that matters.

]

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=GSKR;1463905]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    I recently got called from a recent customer of mine, I had the pleasure of working on his Porsche, And he was so impressed with my work that he wanted to get his wifes Passat done, The challenging thing about this im currently doing mobile calls in Florida, And I have to detail at his apartment complex with no hose access. So I am always looking for ways to make my Mobile details more efficient even in the more challenging ones.

Results
    Before

After

Conslusion

I highly recommend this product, Any vehicle that produces a ton of brake dust has no chance. I really think you just got lucky on those wheels.Those iron removers need a lot of water to safely remove to ensure no staining.In the real world you don't run into clean wheels like that.just politely saying,but if it works for you then that's all that matters.

]
    You saying "those iron removers" every formulation is different. Yes there are many iron removers formulas out there, but they are not the same, just like waxes and car soap.

If the product is acid free and ph balanced. Why wouldn't a pump sprayer or a spray bottle be able to remove McKee's 37 Iron Remover safely? I do not know if you have ever tried the product. But every formulation is not created equal. Granted the wheels were not in that bad of condition. However even if they were in worst shape I can still remove the product safely with a spray bottle and microfiber towels.

This car was not a "test subject" it was a real job, so the results were very much in a real world scenario.

At the end of the day what removes residue? Water, the pressure of a hose might help. But water is the most important factor of rinsing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Thanks for the write up, and amazing results for just a spray and rinse!

I assume that this is a fairly new VW, or it been reasonably well maintained for this to work so well.

I use a similar process with color changing wheel cleaners while doing mobile rinseless washing. They usually are in pretty rough shape to start though, and definitely require agitation.
    If the wheels were in a worst condition, agitation would be required. Lucky for me the iron remover did all the work for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't be any issue covering the entire vehicle, I take it. The label listed chrome, so I'm assuming plastic headlights, tail lamps, and glass friendly?

Post Thanks / Like

Great job there and I couldn't agree more about the smell and ability of this McKee's product! I too have a hand pump and use it for various needs, including rinsing down tires and wheels, straight water even works for doing this as well!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"