autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Mckee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash | On My Jeep That I Have Not Washed In Over A Month!

I want to start off By saying, That I am totally throwing N-914 into the deep end to see if it can swim. As some of you might know this has been a really crazy past 2 months for me. I was back in Chicago for 14 days, Came back to florida shot a episode of Competition Ready, Helped McKee's 37 at the RV SUPER SHOW, and also had the pleasure of flying out to L.A for the LA Classic Auto Show. SO when I say that my Jeep has been totally neglected, I really mean it. It has not been washed for over 1 month!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had absolutely no time to wash my car.

I recently got my hands on 914, And have been reading all the rave reviews about it. I could not wait to try it. SO why not try it on my absolutely filthy daily driver?

So Joe, We read above that your Jeep is filthy, How filthy is it? Let's take a look.

YIKES! This thing is bad, I told you, I was not lying when I said this car is totally filthy, It has everything you can think of, Sprinkler water marks, bug guts, road film, road grime, dust. In this review, I used a simple 2 bucket method, Something everyone can do.

Let's Get Mixing

I added 2 oz in about 4 Gallons of water. (Smells like Green Apple Hard Candy)
    In this bucket you can see how it slightly foams.

I Also added some solution in my Rinse bucket, (this thing is filithy) You can see how alot of foam is activated when I sprayed the hose into the bucket! So if you like the foam you can activate it with a stream of water, or if you dont want much foam you can just pour and mix it into your bucket.

(I like the foam alot, it makes me feel like I am doing a traditional wash, It also helps break down/soften and encapsulate the dirt) Some people just feel wrong doing rinseless washes, My father is one of them. He feels like he is just washing the car in water. This is a feature alot of people will love, I myself am one of them.

IF your one of the people that are turned off by the foam, You do not have to activate it with the hose, Also once doing the rinseless wash, the car does not get filled with foam defying the point of a rinseless wash, You will see in the photos below.

For pre-soaking I use this pump sprayer, It is 1.5 Gals

I put around 1.5oz of pre-soak solution.

This is what the panel looked like after i pre-soaked it. Notice the tiny foamy bubbles.

NOTICE: Do you see those thick lines of solution that were left behind from my wash mitt? IMO this is what makes this rinseless wash unique, It leaves a thick slippery trail of product to help remove the dirty safely.

More pre-soaking

Again, You can see those thick lines from the solution.

After I was done with every other panel, I would spray N-914 @ 1:128 in a spray bottle for a drying aid. (I Used the McKee's 37 bottle, because i like the size and comfort)

The drying was really easy, N-914 helped the towel glide generously around my paint.

There is a 50/50 of the side we just washed and the dirty side.

Pay attention to the rear door, That is the panel we just cleaned, WOW, you can really see just how dirty my jeep was.

Once again with the pre-soak

There those lines go again!

This is my Mitt after washing (rear door, passenger door, front fender) Notice how clean it is. I did noticed that N-914 in my rinse bucket really did help release alot of the dirt/debris from my wash media, I would have to do more testing but being as dirty as my car was I am going to make a statement I stand behind. N-914 cleans and releases dirt off your wash media better than any rinseless solution I have ever used.

Here is me using the bug sponge side of my wash Mit, I saved this for the very last (for obvious reasons) This is where I really wanted to test N-914, I pre-soaked the heck out of the front clip, I let it dwell for many mins adding multiple pre-soaking applications, I used a total of 2 mits for the front. I am really surprised by how well it removed the bugs. N-914 has a ton of lubrication, and by far is the best bug remover for a rinseless wash I have ever used.

Rinseless Washing Wheels
    This is a odd subject for rinseless washes, This is where they really really lack. Alot of people that use rinseless washes dont just do them because they want to, some live in a apartment complex, or have water restrictions. And As a pro detailer I can not tell you how many times I have got called to a mobile location with ZERO access to water. other rinseless solutions do a good job on the exterior, But you would always have to pull rabbits out of your hat to clean the wheels. I am going to tell you another amazing thing about N-914 IT IS THE BEST RINSELESS SOLUTION I HAVE EVER USED TO CLEAN WHEELS/TIRES. Yes, my wheels and tires were very dirty. I gave 914 another tough task........ Just to clean my tires and wheels with 914 and nothing else. I filled up about a 2.5 gallon bucket of water, And added my left over 914 solution, I also added about 0.5 ozs more of solution and used my hose to activate the suds. The below picture you will see, the wheel and tire all foamed up after agitation from my brushes.

I began to dry my wheels/tires with a microfiber towel. After I rinsed off with my pre-soak

After drying my wheels you will notice that my microfiber towel is pretty clean. 914 and the brushes did a FANTASTIC job suspending and lifting the dirt away. Again this is a great sign to show you how effective this solution is at cleaning.

After going around the tires with just my towel, this is what I picked up, Yes pretty impressive, remember my goal was to only use 914 to clean the wheels/tires, no tire/wheel cleaner just 914.

This is what my wheels/tires looked like after just using 914, If you arent impressed yet you should make sure you didnt bump your head while reading this review! I really was blown away by the results for just using a simple painters brush, and 914! (no tire dressing) Here is how the wheels/tires turned out! (No tire dressing) Will a tire cleaner do a better job? absolutely! am I saying you no longer need tire cleaner? absolutely not, However, I really wanted to see what 914 can do if I have no access to water. and if push comes to shove and I dont have a tire/wheel cleaner and zero access to water, And a person called me to get a job done, I would be pretty condifent in getting the job done!

The Results
    Im going to post all the after pics, You might want to go back up just to see how bad this thing was......... We will finish up with my final thoughts at the bottom.

I only used 914 on the windows, and the bug side of my mit.

I used 914, and the bug side of my Mit, you can still see some tracers left behind, as well on the front end, 914 did a fantastic job, And I will not chalk that up as a loss, Mind you I had no hose, no pressure washer, no clay bar, just a bug side of a mit, (and not that agressive of a bug side to be exact) to be fair, If i was using a traditional car soap, I feel, infact I know that I would get similar if not identical results. The bugs have been on there for a really long time, I had no time to remove them with the sudden passing of my grandfather. The remaining chasers need to be clayed, and polished away. 914 was a clear winner with bug removal.

JOE, YOUR CRAZY! YOU MUST OF SCRATCHED YOUR PAINT!

The answer is NO!

Conclusion
    914, exceeded my expectations beyond belif, Infact I was not even sure if I was going to post my results being how bad my Jeep was, I was going to visit some friends at a local pub that night, and I kind of just wanted to play around with it and get my car some what clean, It really shocked me in all aspects, It is by far one of the best Rinselss solutions I have ever tried, It excelled even at the most taunting tasks, it passed with flying colors. I never expected these kind of results, and was totally shocked. this is a must in anyones arsenal, especially if you are a pro-detailer. So would I reccommend this product? absolutely buy with complete confidence, If you are one of those few people that might not like that it does not leave anything behind, dont be discouraged, Use that to your advantage, When you dry the rinseless solution use your favorite spray wax/detailer to boost/maintain protection. Infact I see that as a huge plus, Instead of topping your LSP with polymers from other rinseless solutions, you will just be topping with your favorite spray wax or detailer. Its nice to know that if I have zero acces to water, I have a product I can count on to really clean a car (even a filthy one) and not having to worry about leaving polymer/wax protection behind. I can wash. clay, and go to polishing.

Pros
    Great wheel/tire cleaner (best of any rinseless I have ever used)
    Great cleaning ability (also the best I have ever used)
    Lots of lubrication (very slide in the hands, its certaintly unique, its almost like a thick slippery solution)
    Good Price Point
    Concentrated
    Can Be Used as Waterless Wash/Panel Wipe/Clay Lube
    Leaves Nothing Behind (this can be subjective, However being a pro detailer this is ideal for pre-polishing/coating stages)

Cons
    I really, tried to find something I did not like about 914, seriously, I mean look at the car I tested it on, I was sure it was going to fail and disapoint on something, But it seriously didnt...... I am really blown away with the results. I guess some people might be bummed out that it does not leave any protection behind, However like I stated above, you can use your favorite spray wax/detailer as a drying aid to boost/maintain protection.

Thats all folks I hope you enjoyed. 914 is a real winner. I encourage all to give it a try, it is the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Mckee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash | On My Jeep That I Have Not Washed In Over A Month!

Amazing review Joe! Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed the article.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Mckee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash | On My Jeep That I Have Not Washed In Over A Month!

Great review. Guess I'm gonna have to get a couple gallons after this and other rave reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for putting together a true test of a review, Joe. Hitting it with a 1:128 AFTER the wash is a nice twist.

IT IS THE BEST RINSELESS SOLUTION I HAVE EVER USED TO CLEAN WHEELS/TIRES.
    One of the very main reason why I was truly upset that D114 is axed. Spray. Agitate. Spray again. Blot dry. And then from wheels to glass if so desired. Talk about simplistic conveniency. I'm ecstatic to see a worthy replacement of Meg's.

As for anyone sneering at the leave nothing behind vs stuff with protection - I see it as trying to convince people that there is something about operating a lightweight small displacement over insane horsepower. In the end, it's not a mockery nor a putdown. The way I see it: You're missing out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review.

Post Thanks / Like

You have me really confused. Chicago, Florida, LA...so I see this pretty dirty jeep, then I see you outside in shorts and a t-shirt, I see green grass, green plants, I see a really flat terrain...so I'm thinking where is that? Florida? LA? Then I see NJ plates...hmm...well, he's got a Jersey car somewhere flat and warm...then I see a reflection of another car with Jersey plates...where is you?

Post Thanks / Like

Beyond a review... Professional grade article. Great work.Review: Mckee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash | On My Jeep That I Have Not Washed  In Over A Month!

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Great review. Guess I'm gonna have to get a couple gallons after this and other rave reviews.
    Wait a sec... You're telling me I actually beat you to the punch?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Wait a sec... You're telling me I actually beat you to the punch?

Ha Ha, yes you did my friend. I honestly thought that nothing was going to surpass d114 for a while. That and I have almost 4 1/2 gallons still, but all these reviews have forced my hand. lol

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You have me really confused. Chicago, Florida, LA...so I see this pretty dirty jeep, then I see you outside in shorts and a t-shirt, I see green grass, green plants, I see a really flat terrain...so I'm thinking where is that? Florida? LA? Then I see NJ plates...hmm...well, he's got a Jersey car somewhere flat and warm...then I see a reflection of another car with Jersey plates...where is you?
    Lmao, you are rightfully confused.

Shop is in Chicago. I am currently in Florida. Looking at the possibility of opening a shop here. I was in LA for the classic Auto show.

I lived in new Jersey for 1 year. My daughter was born there. Family owns a house there.

Right now I am back in Florida.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast