autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Mckee's N-914 Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    .. then the coin op must be really close to your house. How long does the whole process take?
    I used Google Maps to get the distance. It's so close to home, it defaulted to me WALKING there. Less than half a mile. Drive there, rinse off the dirt, drive back. Car stays outside the garage, depending on weather. Process takes roughly one hour and fifteen minutes (best guess) which includes drive time.

Couple of things I should point out:
    (1) I'm not allowed to use a water hose where I live. Otherwise, I'd be doing a good ol fashioned bucket wash. Lord knows I have plenty of soap to use!
    (2) The method I'm using is more in line with a quick maintenance wash I would do. For now, it's the best I can do at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Near me it takes $3 to start that do it yourself car wash... IMO that's too much for just a rinse, especially when I'm bound to pick up more dirt on the drive home.
    The place I'm talking about charges 1$ - one. For a 3 minute session.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I used Google Maps to get the distance. It's so close to home, it defaulted to me WALKING there. Less than half a mile. Drive there, rinse off the dirt, drive back. Car stays outside the garage, depending on weather. Process takes roughly one hour and fifteen minutes (best guess) which includes drive time.

Couple of things I should point out:
    (1) I'm not allowed to use a water hose where I live. Otherwise, I'd be doing a good ol fashioned bucket wash. Lord knows I have plenty of soap to use!
    (2) The method I'm using is more in line with a quick maintenance wash I would do. For now, it's the best I can do at home.

The place I'm talking about charges 1$ - one. For a 3 minute session.
    If I did not have access to a hose I would be using the same process as you. Thanks for the response and thanks Eldorado2k for the response and info also

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome, Real Riders

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what amount the bottle cap holds?
    Would help with dilution ratios and filling trigger spray bottles.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    Anyone know what amount the bottle cap holds?
    Would help with dilution ratios and filling trigger spray bottles.
    Thank you.
    The 16oz. bottle cap takes 3 times to make 1oz.
    The gallon cap takes 2 times to make 1oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Im interested in why you would recommend it for removing polishing oils? Do you think this would be sufficient prep for a coating product without using an IPA/Eraser wipe down?? Im very interested in this product regardless, but this really peaked my interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Without putting words in Nick's mouth, I believe he said that at the prep dilution, N914is sufficient to remove polish oils prior to laying down a LSP or coating. In this case, N914 replaces IPA.

Personally, I have a very hard time believing the N914 at the prep dilution can wipe away a LSP that has been previously applied to a painted surface.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

I used N914 this past week in coating prep dilution before applying Mckees 37 paint coating. I'm doing a 50/50. One side I used Hyper Polish first to remove the previous LSP ( UPGP) and the other side I just used N914 at coating prep dilution. I then applied the paint coating to both. Beading is similar, so I'm seeing how they hold up over time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used the n-914 for the first time this weekend, and needless to say Im impressed. I will say, its a bit different then anything else I have used. It seemed to be a lot more "grabby" on the paint than some others. I mixed it at the rinseless wash ratio first (1:256) and washed the entire car with it. Mind you, I had JUST driven this car through a touchless wash, twice back to back before doing this. (It rained here for the two weeks prior, nearly every single day, so it was disgusting)

I then went back over the car with the paint prep ratio (1:8) to see if by chance it would remove a streaked application of a competitors "spray and rinse" coating. I will say, it removed about 80% of the streaks, enough so that they are not visible outside in the light, but you can still see traces of them when you run a damp rag over the paint.

It did all of this, without adding any additional marring, so Im pretty impressed. I wasnt exactly careful with my method of washing either (since the car needs polished anyways, was not overly worried about it)

Below is the bucket of wash water after just washing the paint (not the wheels). Keep in mind, this is after running the car through a touchless was two times back to back. Gross.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123