autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Mckee's N-914 Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I just pressure wash the vehicle prior to doing a rinseless wash. I do this for the simple reason that I am convinced it's safer to rinse dirt off paint - opposed to wiping it off.

After a good pressure wash, there is very little dirt on the paint. So I can do a GDWM with like 4 towels. Some may say this is dumb, just do a conventional wash.

But IMHO, my way has several advantages over a conventional wash:

1. Only use 1 gallon of water & 1 bucket. Less time is spent filling buckets, and it's much easier to drag 1 gallon of water around a car - opposed to 10.

2. It's faster - as there is no rinsing

3. I only use DI water in the RW, so I pretty much let it drip/air dry and just wipe it down after. This makes drying a lot faster.

4. There is no compromise in the results whatsoever.

5. Your feet and arms don't get as wet - which is nice in the winter.

I've always done it this way. Never had a problem with swirls or marring. There are no water restrictions here - so not an issue.
    Fantastic wash method! I wish I had thought of it. Now that you have coated your ride it should be even easier to maintain. I think this should be named the "Swanic Wash Method". Nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Real Riders View Post
    Great review but I do have questions. You mentioned you pressure washed the car before doing a rinseless wash. If you have the pressure washer out wouldn't it be easier and faster just to wash the car with a good quality car soap? Also it looks like the water left on the vehicle after the pressure wash would dilute the rinseless wash? Is this correct?
    It's so much faster to just do a rinseless wash. Not only is the wash process faster, but the cleanup is faster too.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding review.

Post Thanks / Like

Great and thorough review Swanic!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    It's so much faster to just do a rinseless wash. Not only is the wash process faster, but the cleanup is faster too.
    Can you explain how the Rinseless Wash is faster and how the cleanup is faster?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you explain how the Rinseless Wash is faster and how the cleanup is faster?
    Wipe on, wipe dry, it can literally be done in about a minutes time per panel if frequently maintained [every other day/car never allowed to get really dirty]
    Also, the part about not getting water soaking into all the cracks & crevices makes a huge difference in total time spent.
    No time spent pre rinsing vehicle, no time spent post wash rinse. No time spent with the blower on every nook and emblem getting water out.
    If done like that, It is absolutely faster than traditional bucket wash on the same lightly dusty vehicle, because there's no real way to quiken a bucket wash. Those steps of rinsing/rinsing/having to dry + blow dry must be done to completion and there's no real way to shortcut around it.

And no hoze to roll up. No wet floor to track dirt & grass all over and possibly back into the drivers matt.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. When the car gets dirtier than I'd like for a rinseless, I'll go down to the coin-op and use the pressure washer (sometimes just water, even) and drive back home to finish off with rinseless. With the pressure washer, it's just to get most of the dirt/muck/grime off. I'm not looking to get it absolutely clean there. So, 3-5 minutes at the coin-op, then rinseless at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Wipe on, wipe dry, it can literally be done in about a minutes time per panel if frequently maintained [every other day/car never allowed to get really dirty]
    Also, the part about not getting water soaking into all the cracks & crevices makes a huge difference in total time spent.
    No time spent pre rinsing vehicle, no time spent post wash rinse. No time spent with the blower on every nook and emblem getting water out.
    If done like that, It is absolutely faster than traditional bucket wash on the same lightly dusty vehicle, because there's no real way to quiken a bucket wash. Those steps of rinsing/rinsing/having to dry + blow dry must be done to completion and there's no real way to shortcut around it.

And no hoze to roll up. No wet floor to track dirt & grass all over and possibly back into the drivers matt.
    Your method is much different than Swanicyouth's method. He is pulling out the pressure washer which means he would have to pull out the hose and hook up everything and tear it all down when finished. I don't see how this method would be any faster than a traditional wash and I don't see the cleanup being any quicker. It seems like it would take about the same time as a traditional soap wash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Same here. When the car gets dirtier than I'd like for a rinseless, I'll go down to the coin-op and use the pressure washer (sometimes just water, even) and drive back home to finish off with rinseless. With the pressure washer, it's just to get most of the dirt/muck/grime off. I'm not looking to get it absolutely clean there. So, 3-5 minutes at the coin-op, then rinseless at home.
    You are driving to the car wash, adding money , pressure washing the car, driving back home, putting the car in the garage, and then doing a rinseless wash. If this is a faster method than a traditional soap wash in the driveway, then the coin op must be really close to your house. How long does the whole process take?

Post Thanks / Like

Your method is much different than Swanicyouth's method. He is pulling out the pressure washer which means he would have to pull out the hose and hook up everything and tear it all down when finished. I don't see how this method would be any faster than a traditional wash and I don't see the cleanup being any quicker. It seems like it would take about the same time as a traditional soap wash
    My mistake, I totally missed that you were asking about a cartain rinseless method. Disregard my post.

You are driving to the car wash, adding money , pressure washing the car, driving back home, putting the car in the garage, and then doing a rinseless wash. If this is a faster method than a traditional soap wash in the driveway, then the coin op must be really close to your house. How long does the whole process take?
    Near me it takes $3 to start that do it yourself car wash... IMO that's too much for just a rinse, especially when I'm bound to pick up more dirt on the drive home.

Sent from my iPhone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast