autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nick's Mystery rinseless wash review

Ok, please be gentle as this is my first attempt at a review. I received my sample of the Mystery rinseless wash solution on Friday and tried it out today. It has been snowing here in Ohio and the roads are covered with salt, beet juice, and grime. It is also cold. I tested this out on both a black and a white car. My '13 BMW 650iX GC in sapphire black and my wife's pearl white Lexus ES 350. I used the rinseless wash mitt from Autogeek for both. Front half of both cars with the mystery product. The back half I did with Wolfgang Uber rinseless to compare.

First thing I noticed is that the product is green. It smells a bit like mint or menthol. Not offensive at all, not the strong sweet cherry scent of the Woflgang.

Before Shots:

Black car after mystery product:

Black Car after Wolfgang:

White car after mystery product:

So, I was very pleased with the outcome. I could see no difference on either the black or the white car. My only mistake was in not taking more photos during the process. It was 35F in the garage, but the kerosene heater raised it up to about 55F. The cars were still quite cold, but the air temp was reasonable. I am not sure how this might affect the performance, but both products seemed to do quite well in the cold. There was no residue at all after drying. I have had issues with Optimum leaving a slight haze on the finish after using, and this was the reason I had switched to Wolfgang. Of note it the fact that the BMW is coated (about 3 months ago) with McKee's paint coating.

I was concerned about swirls with rinseless washing, but I have not noticed any new swirls in the Black BMW since switching to rinseless. I did not notice any new swirls after washing. Of course, I have to deal with the Heisenberg Uncertainty Swirl Principle that states that it is impossible to look for swirls on black german paint without creating new swirls. Personally, I think the paint coating has helped this issue, but since it is a quantum phenomenon, I will never be sure.

Thanks for reading this. I didn't mean to post such big photos, but this is my first attempt at linking to photobucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nick's Mystery rinseless wash review

interesting that it can be used as a paint prep. must be a strong cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

•Big pictures are what you want
    to be posting (no thumbnails).
    •What was the dilution ratio
    you used?
    •Was there any "sudsing action",
    whenever it was being sloshed
    around in the bucket?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    interesting that it can be used as a
    paint prep. must be a strong cleaner?
    Meguiar's D114 has/(had) around
    the same "paint-prep" ratio.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

So Andy0902, describe the "in use" difference between the new product and the Wolfgang Uber. Was there a tactile difference in feel? Was one slicker than the other? Did the new product leave anything noticeable on the paint? Thanks for the post.
    Nice finish on those cars by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool review. Thanks.

Pics look like it did a good job.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try it on the glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

•What was the dilution ratio
    you used?

1:256 as a rinseless.

•Was there any "sudsing action",
    whenever it was being sloshed
    around in the bucket?

Yes, I meant to mention that. Unlike the Wolfgang product it formed quite a few suds in the bucket. They didn't last more than a couple of dunks in the bucket with the wash mitt.

So Andy0902, describe the "in use" difference between the new product and the Wolfgang Uber. Was there a tactile difference in feel? Was one slicker than the other? Did the new product leave anything noticeable on the paint? Thanks for the post.

I could not tell any tactile difference in the products. I did notice that the new product was a little easier to dry off than the Uber. Neither product left any residue at all on the paint. It was harder to tell on the white Lexus, but on the black paint it was pretty clear there was no residue. I did notice that the solution in the new product bucket got a lot 'dirtier.' Perhaps the new product was keeping the dirt in solution more than the Uber. Maybe the Uber is better at letting the dirt fall to the bottom of the bucket? I used two buckets, but that wash mitt still holds on to some dirt after a rinse in clear water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Did you try it on the glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Fair job on the glass. It was cold and harder to dry than I would have liked. I suppose under warmer conditions it would have been better.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting that review. I for one am a big fan of rinseless washing. Don't get me wrong - I love to foam and do the 2BW thing. However, I rarely have the time these days. I have loved WGURW more than any other product, but I'm always looking for others to test. Sounds like this one might give Uber a run for it.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast